Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 09:23 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times

Advertisements

Abolish Human Abortion is a group based out of Oklahoma City that I am very familiar with. I have family members who go to their church and they currently have a candidate running for governor of Oklahoma (who actually wants to make it illegal to be gay in Oklahoma). They are the kind of people who typically have Westboroish signs and a bullhorn yelling at and harassing people on the streets. When I say that these "Christians" were that group, there is no doubt in my mind why they would get kicked out of a coffee shop, especially in Seattle where their views are perceived as extreme.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:34 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Drama queens on both sides...They deserve each other.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:49 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I based it on how he interacted. it was about the interaction. Nothing more and nothing less. That you don't get it and went with the fake drama isn't surprising.
I get it
You said that this individual IS an ******* based off of a single interaction.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
She was being at least as much of an jackass as he was.
I'm not as sure of my ability to diagnose the womans intentions based off of 2 minutes of youtube video as you are
See what I did there? hypocrite much?
Yes, I see what you did.
You further displayed your ignorance.
I stated that, at that moment, she was being an *******. I made no comment what she is.

Quote:
So Christians are trolling when they say they'll pray for someone?
She didn't say that.
She said, "Just know that Jesus is going to save you from that lifestyle".
Any mention of her praying? No.
Just a condemnation of the man's lifestyle.
Her being an *******.

Last edited by CBeisbol; 10-10-2017 at 10:02 AM..

Old 10-10-2017, 09:50 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,488,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
And why didn't the christians bakers have the same right not to bake a cake for a gay couple.
If they do, he does too.

Same same, I'm not taking sides but as long as it's legal, I say live and let live.

What I don't get is the Christians should be following " love your neighbor as yourself" and " judge not, lest ye be judged", yet CLEARLY many Christians are in violations of this great book of which they speak.

THAT they pick and choose parts to follow I find abhorrent!

And Christ, for whom Christians are named, said NOTHING about homosexuality. And He is supposed to be the son of their God, who walked amongst the people of the earth.

NOT much CHRISTIAN about some Christians.

I'm not on either side, I'm neutral, but if Christians can refuse to serve gays, it's only fair gays can refuse to serve Christians .

Perhaps the Christians will be taken down a notch, from the high and mighty horse they ride.

Maybe it's about time.

Just saying....

Old 10-10-2017, 10:12 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Activist walks in orders coffee, has no literature, no discussion of the issue, how would the owner know? Activist walks in after handing out pamphlets outside the shop and has said pamphlet on the table while discussing the issue, different story.

Same goes for any activist. Activist is not a protected group in any state.
Would you agree with kicking them out if there was no pamphlet but they were having an anti-gay discussion?

Old 10-10-2017, 11:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Would you agree with kicking them out if there was no pamphlet but they were having an anti-gay discussion?
If they were disturbing others, sure. Even if they weren't and he didn't want such topics discussed he is within his right to remove them. If they were white supremacists discussing anti black issues a black store owner would be within their right to ask them to leave too.

The coffee shop owner was wrong in his method, he was a complete jerk, but he did not refuse service based on their religion.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:13 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If they were white supremacists discussing anti black issues a black store owner would be within their right to ask them to leave too.
So would a white one, no?

Old 10-10-2017, 11:18 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
So would a white one, no?
Yes, or a Hispanic one, or a Japanese one, or a Christian, or a Hindu or a ...

Any business can remove people for speech in their shops. Topics of speech is not a protected class, nor is activist group.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:21 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Gay here. I think the owner of that shop did an incredibly stupid thing.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:27 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Meh,

In my ideal world (key words: My, Ideal) business owners should be able to refuse service for whatever the reasons. Free market will take care of the rest.

So Christian bakers can refuse gay couple's business; Gay coffee shop owner can refuse businesses for whatever the reasons.

It is not a big deal to me.

This said, it looks like this owner kicked them out because he didn't agree with their social views. (abolish human abortion) Religion has nothing to do with it. Even though this gay's language is somewhat offensive to some, I can understand why he acted this way.

Maybe people should just move on at this point and stop making it such a YUGE deal. Leave the business owner alone and I am sure the Christians can find another place to preach. Neither party is wrong in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies