Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 03:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I don't particularly care for Trump as POTUS, and strongly dislike him as a person.
I don't care for Trump or anyone as a POTUS.

But I strongly like him as a person. He's the biggest troll in the universe and it's hard to see anyone topping what he's done.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:32 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Trump is east coast not really Hollywood. He was very famous as a successful NY real estate businessman long before he had the tv show.
Trump has been in dozens of movies and is in pro wrestling Hall of Fame
Seems very hollywood to me.

Woody Allen is East Coast and he is as hollywood as it gets, as is Scorcese.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:32 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
They have a disdain for "Hollywood" but voted for reality TV star who has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Trump is the epitome of a celebrity, and this is a huge reason why they like him.

They also admire Ronald Reagan, who starred in many Hollywood movies and was the President of the Screenwriters actors union.
Who says that Conservatives hate everyone in Hollywood?

You?

This is what those who play Identity Politics do, not those who support Trump.

big fail

/thread

(I do commend you on the logical fallacy however. Fascinating to see.)

Old 10-12-2017, 03:36 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I mostly liked Reagan as POTUS, and I really liked him as a person.

I don't particularly care for Trump as POTUS, and strongly dislike him as a person.
Reagan was very Hollywood.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:36 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Trump is east coast not really Hollywood. He was very famous as a successful NY real estate businessman long before he had the tv show.
CNN does feed facts to their minions, so this is generally unknown to that crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who says that Conservatives hate everyone in Hollywood?

You?

This is what those who play Identity Politics do, not those who support Trump.

big fail

/thread

(I do commend you on the logical fallacy however. Fascinating to see.)
Thanks for "throwing them a bone". They have been having a hard time lately coming up with anything creditable to throw at Trump. The resistance is growing weaker, so the few left have a greater burden.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:37 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
They have a disdain for "Hollywood" but voted for reality TV star who has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Trump is the epitome of a celebrity, and this is a huge reason why they like him.

They also admire Ronald Reagan, who starred in many Hollywood movies and was the President of the Screenwriters actors union.

They were also very very concern about the debt when Obama was in office. They kept saying it will destroy the country. What happened when Trump proposed increasing our debt? Silence.

They were also very very against Clinton's treatment of women? What happened when it was revealed that Trump grabs genitals?? Silence.

They were always saying how Obama played golf too much. What happened when Trump is going on vacation almost every other day? Silence.

They are hypocrites.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Reagan was very Hollywood.
Yeah, this Hollywood:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6YdNmK77k

Old 10-12-2017, 03:50 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
It’s the hypocrisy. Hollywood has been trashing Trump about his treatment of women, and rightly so. But then they defend Roman Polanski who fled the country when he was going to be tried on raping a 13 year old.

Now that the Weinstein debacle has come to light all these celebrities are coming out of the woodwork either saying they were harassed, assaulted or knew it was going on. So shut up about Trump or take care of your industry first.

Talk about hypocrisy. Glass houses.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:53 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
They were also very very concern about the debt when Obama was in office. They kept saying it will destroy the country. What happened when Trump proposed increasing our debt? Silence.

They were also very very against Clinton's treatment of women? What happened when it was revealed that Trump grabs genitals?? Silence.

They were always saying how Obama played golf too much. What happened when Trump is going on vacation almost every other day? Silence.

They are hypocrites.
They just use whatever they can grasp.

Look at all the threads about Weinstein being a big D donor.

He's not even in the top 100.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:57 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,613,533 times
He's not really a Hollywood celebrity, he is more of a reality TV celeb like that guy from Duck Dynasty or the cast of Jackass. And the people who voted for him believe those shows aren't scripted & he's going to do a great job. Unfortunately they are also the folks who will end up getting hurt the worst: more taxes, more expensive healthcare, more pollution (cancer hotspots) etc...

Good luck mining your coal & wearing your MAGA caps (made in China)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies