Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 06:35 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
If Trump were liberal, the left in this country, including Hollywood weirdos, would've been falling all over themselves to support him, and would've dropped Hillary into the compost as quickly as they did when Obama came out of nowhere.

Trashing Hollywood for immoral and criminal behavior being so common there is something that has gone on for 100 years. Even liberals are trashing Weinstein, pretending that they knew nothing for decades. Other stories of abuse are coming out now. I wonder if the abusers of boys will finally be named, like those who abused the two Coreys.
So once again, if you guys dislike Hollywood so much why nominate a Hollywood celebrity?

I mean you could have nominated Cruz, Kasich, Carson, Rubio, Huckabee, Christie, Fiorini, but no, you guys had to nominate the only candidate who has a Hollywood Star and a reality TV show.

None of the other candidates was a hollywood celebrity, yet you rejected ALL of them

Makes no sense except to the poorly educated

Old 10-12-2017, 06:46 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I don't understand why conservatives are trashing Hollywood when they voted for a Hollywood celebrity
We'll add it to the ever growing list of things you don't understand. More people voted against Hillary than voted for Trump, I'm sure that's something else you just don't understand. Other people voted for Trump because he's not a life long politician, like Hillary, something else you probably don't understand.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
We'll add it to the ever growing list of things you don't understand. More people voted against Hillary than voted for Trump, I'm sure that's something else you just don't understand. Other people voted for Trump because he's not a life long politician, like Hillary, something else you probably don't understand.
You can't explain your cognitive dissonance so you try to make the topic about me.

Nice try at deflection but epic fail.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
What do you think of Reagan and Trump???
i like both as president, but since i dont/didnt know them personally i dont know if i like them as people or not. i voted for both of them though, trump because the alternative was far far worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
No...conservatives LOVE Hollywood. They are among the biggest consumers of reality TV, especially trash like the Kardashians, Dancing with the Stars, America's Got Talent, etc. They especially love it when celebrities come out in support of conservative causes.
i ma conservative and i dislike shows like that. you want to entertain me, then give me good science programs like how the universe works, unearthed, spaces deepest secrets, and other science channel programs. you ant to give me reality tv, give me nascar racing, or football, college or pro. the crap you listed is rubbish.

and as far as the trashing of hollywood, for decades the hollywood elite have put themselves up as having the moral high ground, and they constantly look down on us "little" people. and all the while they go from marriage to marriage, affair to affair, and they protect each other, as long as they are of a liberal mindset and play ball with the powers that be. if you want to talk about hypocrites, just look at what is going on in hollywood right now. weinstein is being beat up right now, and he is just the tip of the iceberg. others are going to fall big time when all is said and done, and i suspect some are going to jail as a result of their actions.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:56 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,762,701 times
Quote:
So once again, if you guys dislike Hollywood so much why nominate a Hollywood celebrity?

I mean you could have nominated Cruz, Kasich, Carson, Rubio, Huckabee, Christie, Fiorini, but no, you guys had to nominate the only candidate who has a Hollywood Star and a reality TV show.

None of the other candidates was a hollywood celebrity, yet you rejected ALL of them

Makes no sense except to the poorly educated
How arrogant of you. Trump won the nomination because he said and appeared to believe what people have been clamoring for a politician to say and believe for years. So many supposed republican politicians for so long pretended to be conservative but had no guts whatsoever. Trump won because he had the guts to speak his and many American's mind and mean it, and he enjoys the support of his voters because he is actually trying to implement his agenda, much the same as Obama enjoyed the support of his voters for the same reason.

By the way, none of the other candidates could have beat the Clinton/media machine. Trump actually did, for the reasons I described above. Just because you despise him, doesn't mean everyone who voted for him is retarded. Just like not every Hillary Clinton supporter is retarded. Just misinformed or misguided, or naive.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
With all the accusations against Trump and the tapes revealed about abuse of women, I’m surprised the liberals didn’t embrace him.
What tapes revealed abuse of women?

This must be breaking news. Do you have a link?

Old 10-12-2017, 08:25 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,289,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Make sure your own house is clean before faking moral outrage because you don't like someone.. Of course most of us know Hollywood are hypocrites except you obviously.
Don't know that "Hollywood" is much of anybody's house on this forum. Not too many Hollywoodites here. Conservatives partake of such entertainment just as do non-conservatives. Hollywood, like anywhere else is made up of the good, the bad and the ugly and those that go along to get along. The more money, social influence and power people have, the more they can get away with giving reign to their baser, disgusting, despicable instincts without immediate natural consequences.

This doesn't just happen among the rich and famous nor among one party or the other. Perverts are generally distributed across the echelons of society. Watch the local news.

I think Roman Polanski was despicable and didn't deserve artistic recognition. His criminal behavior should have ruled that out. I couldn't ethically get when his victim, as a forty-something adult, didn't want to pursue the matter. Practically speaking though, who, after so long, would have the wherewithal to want to go there again? Harvey Weinstein was a powerful, "dirty old man" criminal who deserved to get his comeuppance years ago. Both of them were West Coast entertainment perverts.

An East Coast pervert in the entertainment industry is named Trump. He dismisses his most famous outing via video with the PR concocted dismissal of "locker room talk". His spouse minimized and denied further with "boy talk". Sounds so benign and cute doesn't it? Don't know that that explained his trying to have his way with another man's firmly resisting pregnant wife. He thought it was funny. Normal people thought he was a slimeball. The cult---meh---it's Trump. Boys will be boys.

And what happened to all the other complaints that got summarily dismissed with so much else going on in the campaign and then their assaulter becoming president? Yesterday's news. The cult jumped to say how so many women wanted them a piece of Trump. Yuck to the nth degree!!! They intimated his victims should have/would have been flattered at Trump's bizarre actions. The People reporter who was stunned at being shoved up against a wall and had Mr. Disgusting's tongue shoved down her throat. She asked never to interview him again. Request granted. The woman at the same table in a club who hadn't even been introduced to Trump. Turned away in conversation, she found Trump's hand crawling up to her crotch. The professional average traveler seated next to him who exchanged travel chatter and then found "Mr. All Hands" grabbing her crotch and breasts. He used the shock attack and the "I'm Donald Trump" ego to carry out his assaults. (You know, nobody will ever believe you.)

Roman Polanski had his 13 year old and Trump his. The difference is Trump's then adult accuser did want to pursue the case. Until he became prez and she got death threats that is.

Lawsuit Charges Donald Trump with Raping a 13-Year-Old Girl

Don't want to mess with the cult's animated graven image. Their own dirty old man criminal. HIS assaults are "different".

Last edited by mollyblythe; 10-12-2017 at 09:19 PM..

Old 10-12-2017, 08:39 PM

11 posts, read 5,133 times
I thought Trump was a business man before he became a celebrity

Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensuit68 View Post
I thought Trump was a business man before he became a celebrity
He inherited his father's business before he became a celebrity, but what difference does that make?

Harrison Ford was a carpenter before he became a celebrity, and Steve Buscemi was a firefighter before he became famous.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:44 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Trump is east coast not really Hollywood. He was very famous as a successful NY real estate businessman long before he had the tv show.

Google "Trump with celebrities" and tell me how he's really not Hollywood. He's famous for his antics not for his prowess in the boardroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies