Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 12:07 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,153,395 times

Advertisements

If you ran a hotel, would the Las Vegas shooting prompt you to implement TSA-style security screening at all entrances? Apparently the Wynn is already installing metal detectors at all their entrances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 12:10 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,730,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If you ran a hotel, would the Las Vegas shooting prompt you to implement TSA-style security screening at all entrances? Apparently the Wynn is already installing metal detectors at all their entrances.
Who in their right mind would subject themselves to that when there are so many other options? We need to live our lives freely without being paranoid.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:13 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,991,819 times
Lets just cut to the chase and have federally mandated metal detectors at every EXIT of every personal residence in the US. Cant leave home with weapons, problem solved, and we live in a crime free nirvana.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Lets just cut to the chase and have federally mandated metal detectors at every EXIT of every personal residence in the US. Cant leave home with weapons, problem solved, and we live in a crime free nirvana.
Let's not give bored government employees any ideas...

Old 10-04-2017, 12:19 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,991,819 times
Quote:
Let's not give bored government employees any ideas...
Well if you are going to resist an idea that is meant for the good of society then we should probably just have the government revoke your right to free speech too so you can't spread this nonsense...you clearly hate everyone and want everyone to die.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well if you are going to resist an idea that is meant for the good of society then we should probably just have the government revoke your right to free speech too so you can't spread this nonsense...you clearly hate everyone and want everyone to die.
They'd better, otherwise I might go really full-fledged psycho and talk about legalizing Kinder Eggs next.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:04 AM

1,330 posts, read 700,633 times
Quote:
It's already somewhat common in Europe to have metal detectors and x-ray machines at major areas. All of the major monument and sites in Rome have machines and detectors. Some of the train stations have them (I want to say Brussels or Amsterdam....it was a few years back) and I remember someone's subway system had them too (Paris?).

It's really not that big of a deal. If anything, it's a deterrent than anything else.

Also in Italy, they have armed military personnel at every site, subway stop and train station. Not sure why the US hasn't started to do some of this with our troops based stateside.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
It's already somewhat common in Europe to have metal detectors and x-ray machines at major areas. All of the major monument and sites in Rome have machines and detectors. Some of the train stations have them (I want to say Brussels or Amsterdam....it was a few years back) and I remember someone's subway system had them too (Paris?).

It's really not that big of a deal. If anything, it's a deterrent than anything else.

Also in Italy, they have armed military personnel at every site, subway stop and train station. Not sure why the US hasn't started to do some of this with our troops based stateside.
That last comment is an excellent point. We've got a highly paid and armed military, and plenty of places where they could be deployed and we could get a return on our money.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:45 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,038,285 times
Quote:
Certainly hope not!

A situation or two. Two years ago, I was traveling across country to a weekend of dance work shops. I got to my hotel and there they had the 30.06 sign of no guns allowed. Not on their web site where I made my registration but at the front door "at the end of the road".

It was a very inconvenient surprise but being a law abiding citizen, I left my USP hidden in my locked car over night.

This year for those workshops, I called ahead to hotels I was interested in to see if they were CHL friendly. Those that were not I did consider for staying at.

A, B, C.

A: I am a dancer traveling hundreds of miles from my home. There is simply no way I am going to travel that distance unarmed.

B: Any hotel that won't let me have my gun at my bedside is any hotel I am not staying at. If they all become like that, then I'll set my car up as a camper of sort and pull back to a rest stop/camp ground.

C: The hotel business will shoot itself in the foot if they say no guns allowed.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:51 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,806,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Who in their right mind would subject themselves to that when there are so many other options? We need to live our lives freely without being paranoid.
Welcome America to the Philippines. Expect big signs to check your guns before going to the bank, before going to shopping mall, before going in a restaurant.

I was reading where more people killed by guns since 1968 than in all wars including 750,000 in Civil War most of whom died from disease freezing to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies