Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 08:57 AM

34,297 posts, read 18,677,613 times

Advertisements

Obama used Executive Orders that were Communist, and anti American. Trump is using them in support of the Constitution, and America. Big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 08:59 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,112,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Is there a translator in the house?
I love how WC comes into a thread, posts something nonsensical, and then declares she ended the thread. And how no one pays any attention to her and continues to post in the thread anyway. That's how it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm
The only way to cancel an illegal executive order is to sign another repealing it. That is all Trump is doing.
You're right about one thing--EOs are literally all Trump is doing. Has there ever been a more ineffectual first year of a presidency in the history of our country? I don't think so.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:00 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,737,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

But, when it comes to all the important things he promised his voters, he hasn't accomplished ONE of them.
How silly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...g_trump_hasnt/

And now he's taking apart Obamacare.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:01 AM

20,496 posts, read 12,428,819 times
haha! at not with

the vast majority of the Trump EOs are canceling Obama EOs.

what it proves is the futility of the EO as a governing philosophy. what Bammer did has been undone. I think its wonderful.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I love how WC comes into a thread, posts something nonsensical, and then declares the thread dead. And how no one pays any attention to her and continues to post in the thread anyway. That's how it's done.
You just demonstrated otherwise.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:02 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,566,103 times
Quote:
Is there a translator in the house?
Roughly: I hate Obama and Trump could shoot an innocent person in the middle of Fifth Avenue and he'd be a GREAT American.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:04 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,566,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Obama used Executive Orders that were Communist, and anti American. Trump is using them in support of the Constitution, and America. Big difference.
Big difference? NO!

BIG Double Standard? A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y

Old 10-13-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Roughly: I hate Obama and trump could shoot an innocent person in the middle of Fifth Avenue and he'd be a GREAT American.
Nope

I voted for Obama. I don't hate him. He turned out to be a horrible president however. I'm not married to political dogma, that's why I didn't vote for Obama a 2nd time. Just like NC where I live.

Wrong again burdell.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:07 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,344,754 times
Quote:
He's still not over being made fun of at the Correspondents' Dinner.
Bingo, Trump is still throwing a temper tantrum because an uppity black man hurt his feelings. It is clear from his issue with the NFL players, he has a big problem with minorities that challenge him in anyway.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:10 AM

20,496 posts, read 12,428,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yep. If it wasn't for executive orders, that any President can do, Trump would not have gotten one thing done. Whenever it requires his Congress to help him, he fails miserably.

It is very obvious that Trump has one mission with all these EO's, to remove any trace of Obama. Trump is a vindictive, vile little man, with an immature ego, and he does all these little acts just to show Obama he is now in the WH.

But, when it comes to all the important things he promised his voters, he hasn't accomplished ONE of them.
so there is some truth in what you are saying but there is some where you are wrong.

Trump promised to unwind the regulatory nightmare of the Obama years. He has largely done this.
Trump promised a solid appointment to SCOTUS. that has been done.

Trump promised the repeal of ACA. This is a legislative failure.
(I would add that while a most republicans blame congress for this, Trump also should be given a good portion of blame because he did not provide a viable option to congress. he left it to them. bad idea. these guys suck.

Trump promised Tax reform. That is at this point on track, but it seems the Senate is likely to kill it. again legislative failure. Part of that is Trumps fault for not building relationships and really attacking people that should be on his side.

Cutting illegal immigration and building the wall. This one is a 50/50 deal at this point. the flow of illegals has dropped dramatically. That's directly attributable to Trumps actions. Building the wall, is still out there. There are things happening, but the actual funding of a pacific to gulf of Mexico wall is still undone.

There is also the issue of DACA. dealing with DACA is in process and may very well be a failure where conservative voters are concerned. Most of us are ok with DACA kids that are not criminals be given some legal status, but we are 100% against granting citizenship to any illegal.

He has 4 years (if the dems don't get him first). He is on track in some areas and off the rails in others.

Personally beating Hillary and appointing Gorsuch alone makes me happy. He doesn't need to do another thing for me to be ecstatic about his election. There are things about Trump that bother me. There are things about him that make me giggle and there are things I like about Trump. but seriously I feel personal gratitude to Trump for simply preventing Hillary from becoming president and getting Gorsuch on the bench. That alone means he saved America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies