Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 03:02 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,832,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It is fake when you aren't willing to empty your own pocket but having no problem forcing others at gunpoint to empty their pockets for YOU!!!

How much more disgusting can this get?
Exactly!

The "poor" in America are richer than the vast majority of people on planet earth. But what do they give to the sick and starving in the 3rd world? Nothing! A big FAT nothing.

But for some reason (wink, wink) the poor thinks it's OK to ask the rich in America to pay for their stuff, because they have more.

Do as I say, not as I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 03:03 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,594,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Exactly!

The "poor" in America are richer than the vast majority of people on planet earth. But what do they give to the sick and starving in the 3rd world? Nothing! A big FAT nothing.

But for some reason (wink, wink) the poor thinks it's OK to ask the rich in America to pay for their stuff, because they have more.

We're talking about Americans, you keep deflecting to other countries. Stay on topic ffs

Old 10-30-2017, 03:04 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,565 times
Quote:
Exactly!

Being poor in America is no picnic but you probably have never known hunger or worked a crappy job for longer than a couple months.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:09 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Being poor in America is no picnic but you probably have never known hunger or worked a crappy job for longer than a couple months.
Only in America where the poor people are fat.

If you go to other places, you will see how poverty really looks like. Compare to them, the "poor" Americans are filthy rich!

His point stands though.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
We're talking about Americans, you keep deflecting to other countries. Stay on topic ffs
I'm not deflecting. You keep deflecting. There's nothing about being an American that stops you from helping others less fortunate than you in the third word. Other than your massive hypocrisy.

Our house hold, like many in America sponsors people less fortunate in the third world. Two bucks a day for school children's education in the Philippines. Why don't you? What's stopping you? You're so passionate about people with more, giving to people with less.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:11 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,594,858 times
Quote:
I'm not deflecting. You keep deflecting. There's nothing about being an American that stops you from helping others less fortunate than you in the third word. Other than your massive hypocrisy.

Our house hold, like many in America sponsors people less fortunate in the third world. Two bucks a day for school children's education in the Philippines. Why don't you? What's stopping you? You're so passionate about people with more, giving to people with less.
Good for you, I care about the people in THIS country

Old 10-30-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Well you'd be wrong about that. Growing up we got no junk food and only got soda at Christmas. For the poor in America, it's their #1 purchase.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Good for you, I care about the people in THIS country
No, you only care about yourself and what you can take from others. You don't give a rats about the poor and starving.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:19 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,565 times
Quote:
Well you'd be wrong about that. Growing up we got no junk food and only got soda at Christmas. For the poor in America, it's their #1 purchase.
So because the poor aren't perfect we should deny them healthcare?

Old 10-30-2017, 03:33 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Completely false. Just pass a law that says:
1. Anybody who is here illegally will never ever obtain legal status, not even through marriage or family sponsorship.
2. Anybody who is harboring illegal aliens would face 5 years mandatory sentence.
3. Any illegals show up at hospital or schools will be deported after treatment.

Done.
That is of course simplistic nonsense.

1. No such law will pass. There are any number of people who at one point may be illegal but in fact regain legal status. I have been an illegal alien for short periods of time in a couple of countries. And it happens simply because of our system sometimes. And if we were stupid enough to pass such a law the result would be the establishment of a hard core and permanent under class. They won't go home they will go to the dark side.
2. Harboring an illegal is a virtually impossible to prove crime. Aside from organized attempts to recruit and harbor illegals it is never going to be enforceable.
3. The only way to deport hospital patients or school kids would be to take effort from the deportation of criminals and new arrivals. So you get rid of the kids at substantial cost while letting the criminals and new arrivals alone. You really think that good policy?

YOu are simply ignoring the faxct there is not support for any large scale deportations. There is no funding for it and there is not going to be any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies