Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 12:07 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Apparently not.

Oh, well.

Keep reading the thread... I asked a substantial question.

See if you can answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 12:19 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
All you fell for my rhetoric. See Im Winning! HAHAHAHAHA
Attached Thumbnails
Once Again, Trump Proves he can Destroy, But Not Create-bomb.jpg  

Old 10-14-2017, 12:27 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
/\ This.
Until the ACA is dead the Dem's won't come to the table. If some of you could put aside your Trump Derangement syndrome for a minute you might see that he is trying to get the two side to finally work together and get something done.

RR
No, in a normal world with a normal president he would come before the American people and make his case for his plan. I mean with details, not just stating it’s going to be the best ever. He has no alternative and at some point he needs to be for something not just against anything Obama.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:10 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What pain? I lost my healthcare insurance because of ACA. I want back what I had before the big lie.
You lost your health insurance? Aren't you the one who claims to have your own private jet or some such? You really needed an insurance?

Old 10-14-2017, 01:13 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
All you fell for my rhetoric. See Im Winning! HAHAHAHAHA

Got another one for ya.
Attached Thumbnails
Once Again, Trump Proves he can Destroy, But Not Create-bo5mwzriiaaoxwk.jpg  

Old 10-14-2017, 01:14 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Apparently not.

Oh, well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Keep reading the thread... I asked a substantial question.

See if you can answer.

Still waiting...

Old 10-14-2017, 01:16 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I guess since the ACA was not imploding fast enough, Trump decided to knife it in the back:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f98_story.html

It seems passing odd..that Trump is really doing the same as Obama, in reverse. Governing by EO...doing those things that he can do by stretching the power of the Executive branch to its limits...and beyond.

For the same reasons, I bet. A Congress that has abrogated all of its responsibility in favor of infighting and bickering.

As the Red States implode...I wonder how Trump's base will feel--when it all gets real?

Can Trump create anything positive? Anything at all? It seems all he does is tear things down..with nothing positive to to put in their place.
The ACA destroyed what was working reasonably well for most people.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:22 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I guess since the ACA was not imploding fast enough, Trump decided to knife it in the back:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f98_story.html

It seems passing odd..that Trump is really doing the same as Obama, in reverse. Governing by EO...doing those things that he can do by stretching the power of the Executive branch to its limits...and beyond.

For the same reasons, I bet. A Congress that has abrogated all of its responsibility in favor of infighting and bickering.

As the Red States implode...I wonder how Trump's base will feel--when it all gets real?

Can Trump create anything positive? Anything at all? It seems all he does is tear things down..with nothing positive to to put in their place.
The ACA is a train wreck, just as it has been from the very beginning. If it weren't a train wreck, there would have been no need to force people to sign up for it by holding their own money hostage for their compliance. Exactly what is the problem with putting a bullet in the back of its head and forcing not only the politicians but also the insurance companies and big pharma to come up with a better plan?

Old 10-14-2017, 01:28 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,717,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
"Compared to the five years leading up to the ACA, premium growth for single health insurance policies offered by employers slowed both in the nation overall and in 33 states and the District of Columbia. There has been a similar slowdown in growth in the amounts employees contribute to health plan costs. Yet many families feel pinched by their health care costs: despite a recent surge, income growth has not kept pace in many areas of the U.S. Employee contributions to premiums and deductibles amounted to 10.1 percent of U.S. median income in 2015, compared to 6.5 percent in 2006. These costs are higher relative to income in many southeastern and southern states, where incomes are below the national average."

The Slowdown in Employer Insurance Cost Growth: Why Many Workers Still Feel the Pinch - The Commonwealth Fund

Graphs are pretty but only tell one part of a multi faceted situation.
The bolded is saying the same thing that the graph I posted said. As your link says, the problem is stagnating wages, which is not something the ACA covers.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:30 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd_vAawM9LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies