Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 04:58 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Just as I suspected. His base wants to dismantle the national health care system, alienate the entire international community and tell the American citizens of Puerto Rico to go **** themselves.
Not part of Trump's base but a Libertarian looking from that point of view not supporting Trump. I know that is a little complicated for you but try to comprehend.

Yes socialized health care has to go. And we are forced to deal with Puerto Rico this time. But it should be a lesson for the future. Our country is too broke to support corrupt 3rd world territories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 05:08 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times
Maga

Old 10-15-2017, 04:25 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Not part of Trump's base but a Libertarian looking from that point of view not supporting Trump. I know that is a little complicated for you but try to comprehend.

Yes socialized health care has to go. And we are forced to deal with Puerto Rico this time. But it should be a lesson for the future. Our country is too broke to support corrupt 3rd world territories.
Then pehaps we whouldn't have supported policies that led to and exacerbated PR's poverty?

Just sayin'...they are part of the US..and yet have restrictions placed on them to hobble their economy'. I get it, the Right would like to just jettison the territory--rather than helping them rise to the level of the rest of the country.

Trump's attitude is clear to any with eyes.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Then pehaps we whouldn't have supported policies that led to and exacerbated PR's poverty?

Just sayin'...they are part of the US..and yet have restrictions placed on them to hobble their economy'. I get it, the Right would like to just jettison the territory--rather than helping them rise to the level of the rest of the country.

Trump's attitude is clear to any with eyes.
"President Obama only visited Puerto Rico once in eight years, and that was for a four hour million dollar fundraiser." — Geraldo Rivera

Geraldo Rivera: Anything Trump Does Construed in 'Most Wicked, Negative Way Possible' | Fox News Insider

So, that was Obama, your god. He didn't do squat for Puerto Rico, and you dare criticize Trump?

Old 10-15-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This is the way GOP patriotism works. Has for as long as I can remember.
Well then, your memory sucks. How old are you?

Go back to your basement and sign on to see what instructions from OFA are there for you.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:43 AM

18,018 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well then, your memory sucks. How old are you?

Go back to your basement and sign on to see what instructions from OFA are there for you.
Don't waste your breath. You're arguing with a religiously anti-Trumper. Pearls before swines and all..

Quote:
"President Obama only visited Puerto Rico once in eight years, and that was for a four hour million dollar fundraiser." — Geraldo Rivera

Geraldo Rivera: Anything Trump Does Construed in 'Most Wicked, Negative Way Possible' | Fox News Insider

So, that was Obama, your god. He didn't do squat for Puerto Rico, and you dare criticize Trump?
Obama went there for a fundraiser! Ha! Could you imagine if Hillary Rodham Clinton had been elected,.how much cash would have made it's way into "that" foundation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And he is celebrating his pathetic week, by guess what?

You got it--he's taking the weekend off to play golf yet again.
Golf is work! I thought we established this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Quote:
Just as I suspected. His base wants to dismantle the national health care system, alienate the entire international community and tell the American citizens of Puerto Rico to go **** themselves.

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
Why are you avoiding my questions? What ethnicity are you and what is behind your red faced Spittle Flying Rage for "White Men"?

Also looking at your post history it's nothing but you calling people racist over and over again. You realize in 2017 no one cares if they are called racist anymore? Hillary and her garbage party beat that horse to death in 2016.

It seems you like to call people racist when you have to defend your ideas or every time your ideas are challenged. What power do you think that gives you? Why do you think that anyone would care if some anonymous stranger online thinks they are racist? You are basically just showing how uneducated you are and are coming off as the stereotypical Snowflake. Urinating and defecating on herself because she has just been triggered.
This.

Quote:
Obama illegally funded subsidies by Executive Order. He went around Congress, which had refused to authorize those subsidies. It is the Congress that was given the "power of the purse" by the Constitution. The President has no authority to order Treasury to pay anything that Congress did not authorize.

So, Trump's E.O. on subsidies was Constitutional, and according to law. But, you wish to have a King, like King Barry I "The Waster." I hate to break it to you, but we are a Republic, not a Kingdom.

As for Puerto Rico, Obama visited the Island once in eight years, and that was for a four hour million dollar fund raiser. He didn't do squat for Puerto Rico.

FEMA has been in Puerto Rico since the storm hit, and, contrary to the biased Press, our Navy was off the coast ready to render aid even before the storm hit.

Not only is Trump having a good week, but the liberals, especially Hollywood, are having a really bad week!

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-15-2017 at 05:06 AM..

Old 10-15-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Obama illegally funded subsidies by Executive Order. He went around Congress, which had refused to authorize those subsidies. It is the Congress that was given the "power of the purse" by the Constitution. The President has no authority to order Treasury to pay anything that Congress did not authorize.

So, Trump's E.O. on subsidies was Constitutional, and according to law. But, you wish to have a King, like King Barry I "The Waster." I hate to break it to you, but we are a Republic, not a Kingdom.

As for Puerto Rico, Obama visited the Island once in eight years, and that was for a four hour million dollar fund raiser. He didn't do squat for Puerto Rico.

FEMA has been in Puerto Rico since the storm hit, and, contrary to the biased Press, our Navy was off the coast ready to render aid even before the storm hit.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:47 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:

Are you drunk?? I was no Obama fan..and have criticized his policies many times here. I voted against Obama twice..although it was hard with McCain..because I shuddered to think of Palin a heartbeat away. Trump drove me out of the Republican party..along with millions of moderates.

US policy for the last 100 years has been to ignore and exploit Puerto Rico. Obama continued the trend. So is Trump. Yes there is some hurricane relief going on..but unless systemic changes are enacted..it's just a waste.

Perhaps, just for a change, you could actually address the content of a post, rather than reverting to your agenda and the shopworn deflections of ..'but Obama and 'Hillary did.."

Old 10-15-2017, 05:55 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trump hasn't done any of these things. Threats, speeches, tweets, and executive orders are not policy changes. And draining the swamp? Surely you jest. Trump is still president, we still have Ivanka, Jared, Betsy deVos, Steve Mnuchkin, and the rest of the corrupt clowns that Trump has appointed. Trump built the exact swamp he says he drained.
Agreed.

He enhanced the swamp with a new layer of corruption.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:55 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Perhaps, just for a change, you could actually address the content of a post, rather than reverting to your agenda and the shopworn deflections of ..'but Obama and 'Hillary did.."
Dare to dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies