Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 12:46 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,143,595 times

Advertisements

Their thought process is so biased that they can't acknowledge any accomplishments or qualities of political opponents.

I abhor the policies of Antonin Scalia, but I admit the guy was extremely intelligent and accomplishment. Same goes for Ben Carson, brilliant and accomplished doctor who excelled in the medical field. Clint Eastwood is a very talented and gifted director. I could go on and on.

But some righties can't seem to separate policies from the person.

I know the left has issues, but I don't see this as prevalent on the left as on the right.

Why do you suppose?

Last edited by Slats Grobnick; 10-14-2017 at 01:06 PM..

Old 10-14-2017, 12:59 PM

24,019 posts, read 15,115,869 times
That's what happens when all you can see is good and evil. Everything their team does is good. The 'others' are all evil.

Many cannot or will not judge all by the same standard. Makes it hard to find the good guys on both sides.

That attitude will take the country down.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:06 PM

34,078 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Their thought process is so biased that they can't acknowledge any accomplishments or qualities of political opponents.

I abhor the policies of Antonin Scalia, but I admit the guy was extremely intelligent and accomplishment. Same goes for Ben Carson, brilliant and accomplished doctor who excelled in the medical field. Clint Eastwood is a very talented and gifted director. I could go on and on.

Strange
In prior eras, there were intelligent liberals. Daniel Patrick Moynihan comes to mind.

Today, almost to an extreme, liberals emote w/o thinking. Those not drinking the kool aid ignore those who emote without thinking.

One exception comes to mind-the cerebral David Axelrod, who Conway on the right reminds me of. Both are "Joe Fridays", just using facts w/o hysterical emoting. Both always come prepared with facts, mostly stats due to nature of their work.

Stop your side from emoting. Non Kool aiders turn ears off when emoting begins.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:08 PM

25,599 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
Their thought process is so biased that they can't acknowledge any accomplishments or qualities of political opponents............
Strange
And in other news, your posts include such things as...

"His ignorance never ceases to amaze me "
"
Trump is just as corrupt if not more. "
"
Either he's a serial groper or a liar."
"
Ironic that a guy with tiny hands would mock a guys physical appearance"
"
this is Trump we are talking about, the guy says something outrageous every day, never misses a beat"

And now you want someone to believe that you are non-partisan. You want someone - anyone - to believe that everyone else is biased. But not you. You, evidently, view yourself as a visionary; it's everyone else who can't see.

Fail. Thumbs down. You have no credibility.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:10 PM

34,078 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
And in other news, your posts include such things as...

"His ignorance never ceases to amaze me "
"
Trump is just as corrupt if not more. "
"
Either he's a serial groper or a liar."
"
Ironic that a guy with tiny hands would mock a guys physical appearance"
"
this is Trump we are talking about, the guy says something outrageous every day, never misses a beat"

And now you want someone to believe that you are non-partisan. You want someone - anyone - to believe that everyone else is biased. But not you. You, evidently, view yourself as a visionary; it's everyone else who can't see.

Fail. Thumbs down. You have no credibility.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:13 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,143,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
That's what happens when all you can see is good and evil. Everything their team does is good. The 'others' are all evil.

Many cannot or will not judge all by the same standard. Makes it hard to find the good guys on both sides.

That attitude will take the country down.
I think you hit the nail

Many conservatives tend to think in absolutes, black and white. When you think like this it's all or nothing

I view humans as complex, and good politics don't necessarily equal good person or even talent.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:28 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,871,374 times
I don't see anyone as dumb and unaccomplished. Truth be told to many I would be seen as unaccomplished and I am very conservative.

Many liberals are far, far more competitive than many conservatives I have known. I think many liberals are manipulative and don't practice what they preach.

Even with very educated liberals with high IQ's, common sense is ignored in the name of focusing on political correctness.

Liberals want to complicate society as much as possible as they claim that they are improving everything by automating it. Many liberals are very intelligent and manipulate and do what they can to chapen society with a bunch of nonsense they say is the name progress.

I don't see any accomplishments and qualities to the liberal agenda in America today. Back a generation or two ago then yes, there is some good things liberals did but sadly it was a big slippery slope and turned into a total mess.

Many liberals have a huge fixation on intelligence. They have an obsession with education and focusing on who they think is brilliant. It is very weird how many liberals are constantly comparing themselves and trying to make a new personality.

Many liberals also are in a constant state of trying to self-improve themselves, many of them spend a majority of their time doing self-promotion and using themselves as an advertisement.

Most people in very conservative areas tend to be comfortable with who they are and don't feel the need to change constantly.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:32 PM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times
Quote:

I know the left has issues, but I don't see this as prevalent on the left as on the right.

Why do you suppose?
The left is just as bad. This isn't a question of conservative vs. liberal at all. It's a question of the American people being played by the media and those who control it in order to keep the two sides from finding common ground. If the American people would turn off the MSM, meaning all of the major news networks: CNN, MSNBC, CBS, FOX, etc. and stop tuning into the latest "If it bleeds, it leads" stories, we'd all be much better off.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:36 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:

Why do you suppose?
When the progressive policies you back are failures the thing to do is deflect from policy and make something up about conservatives.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:38 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,646,990 times
Quote:

Why do you suppose?
Because they have the exact same attitude as you.

Hyper-partisans don't use logic.

I'd expand on it more, but you wouldn't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies