Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 10:05 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,325,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
13 states can decide the Electoral vote, why should anyone believe the possibility of discarding the votes of
the residents of 37 other states is a good thing?

We've allegedly fought wars to bring democracy to other countries, about time we bring it to our own. One man, one vote.
I don't think you'd really rather live under a democracy, would you? Mob rule? Right now you might think you like the "mob's" way of thinking ...but what about if it turns against you?

You've heard the adage: "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding on dinner."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 10:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'm sensing massive quantities of "buyer's remorse" on these boards.
I'm seeing in IRL. My 93 year old Aunt, Trump voter, now no longer wants to talk about him. She just wishes to avoid the subject. Co-worker hated Hillary and 'wanted to see what would happen' if Trump were elected. He regrets this wish and his vote. He's not highly partisan in either direction.

I think it's independents who are leaving Trump in droves. His core base will be with him no matter what. He really could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and they would still be with their Glorious Leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Where did you get all that from, CNN? LOL!!!
Can you dispute the comments or just rag on CNN when you have no idea even where the news came from?

Lame.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:07 AM

587 posts, read 305,259 times
Thats because he's there for more important matters not photo session with the queen

Old 10-15-2017, 10:08 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,603,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't think you'd really rather live under a democracy, would you? Mob rule? Right now you might think you like the "mob's" way of thinking ...but what about if it turns against you?

You've heard the adage: "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding on dinner."
Correct! We live in a Representative Republic, NOT a Democracy. What if most of the people wanted to vote slavery back in? The mob rule mentality could quickly shift through emotion and vote for something stupid like that.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:12 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why would an American care to acknowledge royalty? It is a foreign concept to us.
This has always been my opinion as well. It stupefies me how enamored many Americans are with the "royal" family.

We fought a war with the British over this exact issue, so why on earth any American would be infatuated, or care one bit about any details of the "royal" family is beyond me.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
So, you despise Trump, but you want the British to disrespect the Office of the President and go tit-for-tat with him... that's not insane at all.
I didn't say that.

But I certainly understand why they would dis-invite the man.

The office of the president is a representation of us, and we did elect him, so when he is a jerk we all look like jerks. Maybe if we are disrespected we all deserve it.

Probably the British will do it up real big for Trump's successor, just to drive the point home, and the office of the presidency will be respected again and we can all relax.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:13 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,465,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why would an American care to acknowledge royalty?
trump made a big deal out of afghanistan's respect earlier in the week.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Why didn't your republican congress do it then?

I'll wait for Mueller to finish his investigation. Many prosecutors seem to agree there's a case to be made for obstruction of justice. Where'd you get your law degree?

Do you speak to people in other countries much? The number one question I've gotten about Trump's election is "why?". Our allies are fed up, except for Trump's friend Bibi who is probably just as big a scam artist as trump. But no worries, China is happy to take the economic lead we've walked away from.
LOL!!! Obstruction of justice? Really?

I wonder if you've ever read the Constitution? You are aware that the Justice Department is under the Executive Branch, aren't you? He hires the AG and the FBI director, who serve at his pleasure. He had every right to fire James Comey, who it now appears is as corrupt as Hillary Clinton and Loretta Lynch.

There is no case for obstruction of justice.

I might ask where did you get your law degree? I don't need a law degree to understand law. All I need to do is read and study the Constitution. I also read what Constitutional Lawyers have already written (including Alan Dershowitz) on this so-called "Russian Probe." There is no case here.

Have you ever taken ONE Constitution course? You seem to be completely ignorant about our Constitution and our government.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veren View Post
Have you travelled to or lived in the UK?
I have traveled to the U.K., yes. I was involved in international sales for a number of years, and in that capacity I communicated with people from the U.K. on a regular basis, and they visited our office, and I went to visit them. They are wonderful people.

Now what does that have to do with the post you were replying to?

Old 10-15-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
So which is it?
What do you mean, "which is it?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies