Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 11:26 AM

20,700 posts, read 12,576,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
McCain might have been a hero for his service but that doesn't mean that everything he does or did in his life makes him stay a hero.

I thank McCain for his service but wish now that he will spend the last days of his life doing something else as he has become an untrustworthy politician who for seven years said replace and repeal and when it came down on voting he is doing the opposite.

McCain was once a hero but now he is a sour old nasty politician who's ego got busted.
If they came up with a decent plan that was better he would have voted for it. The plan was horrible as you are aware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 11:32 AM

33,334 posts, read 12,653,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It really p***es off you Trumpees"

It LOOKS LIKE it is people like YOU are the ones who are "so p***ed off"!
Yep.

Not only that, It's pretty telling when a 70+ year old man uses a juvenile term like 'Trumpees' that often.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:37 AM

33,334 posts, read 12,653,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
You know what the lowest ranking medical school graduate is called? Doctor.

The 1st through last Naval Academy graduate? Ensign or Second Lieutenant.
You don't think he was cut any slack at all because of the legacy of his father and grandfather ?

Old 10-18-2017, 11:40 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,314,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
John McCain is a RINO and has been for years....What significant legislature has he ever sponsored that wasn't part of the liberal agenda. Reference Feinstein and/or Kennedy...
McCain should retire and die with dignity in the desert.
McCain is not a RINO. He is what you call 'bipartisan'. He is not liberal--he is a conservative.

There used to be a lot more bipartisan people in Congress before the Tea Party, gerrymandering and Obama-hate turned the Congressional GOPs into the 'party of no' and obstructionism. Bipartisan members compromise.

Not being alt-right or an extremist does not make one a RINO. It's ridiculous to call someone that because you disagree with him on an issue, or because he won't just go along with the party line.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:46 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,753,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
John McCain could have 99% of his brain removed, and he would still be smarter than Trump with whatever brain rattles around in that head of his.

It really p***es off you Trumpees that he has the courage to come out and speak the truth, but he is just the first of many. You are in for a bumpy ride.
McCain graduated at ROCK BOTTOM of his class. He was only given his wings because his daddy was the Admiral.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,942,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
My, my...look how nasty the Trumplings get toward anyone, even their own, who calls out their leader for what he is: a fascist dictator wannabe. I'm actually glad you continue to wear your Trump blinders, Trumplings. You're making it so much easier for us and you don't even realize it!
most of us arizonans have been beating up on mccain long before trump decided to run for president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
They hate him? That's surprising with all the times he's been re-elected and all. Lot of hate there.
the problem though is that the candidates the democrats dig up( some it seems literally) are far more disgusting than mccain is, so the devil you know is better than the one you dont. personally when mccain is on the ballot, i have to hold my nose, and my bowels and vote for mccain over the dregs the democrats have offered up for slaughter.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:50 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,207,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
McCain is not a RINO. He is what you call 'bipartisan'. He is not liberal--he is a conservative.

There used to be a lot more bipartisan people in Congress before the Tea Party, gerrymandering and Obama-hate turned the Congressional GOPs into the 'party of no' and obstructionism. Bipartisan members compromise.

Not being alt-right or an extremist does not make one a RINO. It's ridiculous to call someone that because you disagree with him on an issue, or because he won't just go along with the party line.
So you lefties don't want him either huh??

Old 10-19-2017, 05:21 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,853,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
The "career politicians" on both sides don't like Trump because he's an outsider that is NOT playing their games.

And FWIW I think Trump is playing the long game here. He's undoing a lot of Obama's EO's to force Congress to do something. DACA and Obamacare subsidies are two examples. Trump rescinded those EO's and now it's up to Congress to actually do their job.

Trump is definitely shaking things up in DC being an outsider. I think our FedGov is way too corrupt with so many career politicians doing .."you wash my back and I'll wash yours" and they let themselves get away with too much.
Trump has more corruption in his DNA, than anyone in politics. The "long game," great title for Trump's next book. How he played America for every last dime, time and patience.

Maybe, we will have a great New Year, with the trouble maker dork, out of office. His main goal in life seems to be stirring the pot and making trouble for anyone he can. I wish someone would tape his mouth closed and wrap his fingers up so that he can't twitter, twitter, twitter all the time. Does the man ever sleep?

How can congress do their job with Trump knocking them around with his tirades?? Anyway, guess we are lucky to live in a country, where we can state our opinion and hope for the best. Trump does not seem to like his job. Why can't he quit and go back to his "businessman" (corrupt businessman) days.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:57 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,482,634 times
Default McCain calls out Trump for the coward draft dodger he is

McCain isn't perfect, but he's the real deal: he's not going to be cowed by Trump's crap, and NOTHING can hide the fact that he served his nation with courage in combat while Trump was a ***** who got his rich daddy to get some doctor to get him five deferments including some bull**** on bone spurs that then miraculously just happened to go away once the draft was over.

In fact, pretty much all the McCain men, including John's sons, served proudly in the military. Trump's kids just enjoyed their mini-me status in daddy's business.

Cons are of course desperately counting the hours until McCain dies from his tumors, but history will always show that McCain was a real public servant who had courage and honor; whereas Trump will always be a coward who had none. Spin it any way you want, but it's as simple as that. This is one bit of news that can't be turned "fake."

Quote:
"One aspect of the conflict, by the way, that I will never ever countenance is that we drafted the lowest income level of America and the highest income level found a doctor that would say they had a bone spur," McCain told C-SPAN3, American History TV, in an interview about the Vietnam War. "That is wrong. That is wrong. If we are going to ask every American to serve, every American should serve."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...nts/index.html

Old 10-22-2017, 10:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,252,293 times
Thats it.. no ones gonna vote for Trump now..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies