Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 08:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Exactly. I thought prostituting (I have a better word for that, but it would * out) themselves to obtain favorable employment was part of the job. What decent parent would allow their child to be a part of this? I guess one that cared about the checks coming in. Although, some parents stick to their kids like glue to make sure such things don't happen.

Sadly, many people feel popularity and/or moving up on the job is more important than their self-respect.

Oh, boo-hoo, some made the decision to prostitute themselves to become popular/famous/wealthy/better job and others had more self-respect than to do that. I don't see a real story here at all. This is just more stirring up to try to cause division in our country.

As a woman, frankly, and this won't be popular, some women allow this, are known to allow this and the result is they make themselves a target by not standing up for themselves or reporting these incidents. If they actually reported incidents, although it may hurt their "careers", it would prevent it or lessen it for other girls and women.

Some women prostitute themselves, some men do also, especially in Hollywood where it pays to be "bi-sexual". Ah, the moral decline.
Good job blaming the victims. Meanwhile, you don't even mention the perpetrators--men in power who prey on these women. They totally get a pass from you. Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 08:45 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I was thinking of this yesterday. so many people, myself included, are shocked why people didn't come forward, didn't say anything. Then I remembered Corey Feldman and Corey Haim speaking out about it and no one taking them seriously.
I was wondering that too.

Why is THIS ONE finally listened to with the degreee it is, the Weinstein creep.

There have plenty of people speaking up before.
Bill Cosby even went on trial for it.
Women accused Arnold Schwarzanigar of assaulting them.
Many many more.

But, why is this Weinstein exploding?
I am glad it is.
And a big applaud to the model who wore a wire to help this be brought out.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:48 AM

934 posts, read 403,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm referring to the adults when asking to name names. I understand the kids not coming out with names.
Again, the risk of them being sued themselves, for libel (defamation or whatever) since they can't prove anything. Especially in a litigous country that US is, where those with money can get away with plenty.
People have no idea how powerful some individuals are.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:54 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I was wondering that too.

Why is THIS ONE finally listened to with the degreee it is, the Weinstein creep.

There have plenty of people speaking up before.
Bill Cosby even went on trial for it.
Women accused Arnold Schwarzanigar of assaulting them.
Many many more.

But, why is this Weinstein exploding?
I am glad it is.
And a big applaud to the model who wore a wire to help this be brought out.
This goes MUCH deeper than any one person.

Weinstein may be taking the fall now, while others have gotten away with it, but overall, it wont change anything. This gets into some pretty dark territory, pedophilia, Bohemian Grove, etc.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:56 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Wow, one woman once kissed you. Yeah, boy, you've had it rough, all right.

You don't have a clue what women go through every day in the workplace, from the subtle harassment to the overt. Not a clue. And the majority of it you will never hear about, because it's so commonplace we are used to dealing with it. And because most of the power in this world is still held by men.

But you keep telling yourself how tough you've had it because one female boss kissed you once. Poor baby.
...and one woman who was not his boss, also. Sure, if he would have filed a complaint, guess who would have likely suffered, His wife.

I have to make an observation though: For those who are finally 'seeing the light' about how woman have been treated for so many generations, are you also seeing how the not-so-subtle subtleties also affect Blacks? Don't blame me for playing the race card, it's a valid comparison, and related to this discussion. Also, in no way meant to deflect from what women are going through. In fact, if anything, it adds strength and credibility to their argument. (I'm a white man)

Old 10-18-2017, 08:59 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
...and one woman who was not his boss, also. Sure, if he would have filed a complaint, guess who would have likely suffered, His wife.

I have to make an observation though: For those who are finally 'seeing the light' about how woman have been treated for so many generations, are you also seeing how the not-so-subtle subtleties also affect Blacks? Don't blame me for playing the race card, it's a valid comparison, and related to this discussion. Also, in no way meant to deflect from what women are going through. In fact, if anything, it adds strength and credibility to their argument. (I'm a white man)
I agree completely. As a white woman, I know I have had it better than black women, who have the double whammy of being female and black. You'll get no argument from me on that.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:02 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
it Is definitely deeper than just one person. And from the looks of it, more people are coming out about others (Bob Weinstein, Roy Price, Chris Sacca etc)

It’s a matter of time score more start getting named.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:19 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I agree completely. As a white woman, I know I have had it better than black women, who have the double whammy of being female and black. You'll get no argument from me on that.
What is this, a bleepin' competition? There are predators, and Bad Things all around us all the time. Bad things can happen to any and all of us and it is petty and pointless to compete on who is biggest and baddest victim. Women have had problems because of lack of power but it is getting better and with exposure of the creeps like Weinstein and Weiner it is in our face.

I read some horrible stories on a men's board. Many of them were also harassed and assaulted- by both women and men - of course mostly when they were kids or teens but it is every bit as bad as what happens to girls and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies