Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 08:31 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Last I checked, Captain Bonespurs was the president, although I understand that deflection is all you guys ever have.

So no answer....figures...

Old 10-18-2017, 08:31 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This is a major loser for Trump. He's now spent the better part of the week tweeting bs about condolence calls to grieving widows and parents, dragged Kelly's late son into it (which is truly classless and insensitive), and he's still tweeting out his garbage about it this morning by picking a fight with the woman in the car with the widow on the way to pick up her husband's body.

This doesn't even dog whistle the base--it just kind of puts off everyone and again raises questions of Trump's suitability for the office (or civilized society). He acts like he is still a reality show host and everyone in the country is one of his contestants. He just doesn't get it.

I wonder why a Democratic congresswoman just happened to be in the same car as the widow when Trump made this call???

Old 10-18-2017, 08:32 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i haven't heard that sentence referenced anywhere.
where did it come from?
Page 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Exactly!!!

However, since the liberal-biased media holds Obama in such high regard, and to them, he walks on water and has never erred once. . . that same media who buried all of Obama's sins will instead bash President Trump 24/7 to divert any negative attention away from Obama.

That media is unpatriotic, a detriment to our country, and the main reason there are so many who erroneously bash President Trump without any validity. . .just so they can appear to be part of the unethical, immature, and irresponsible anti-President Trump club.

IF President Trump made any indication that the soldier knew what he was signing up for, he was correct. Anyone who enlists in the military knows they may end up fighting for our country . . and if they enlisted just to get free education or a VA loan for a house, then they were only fooling themselves.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:35 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I wonder why a Democratic congresswoman just happened to be in the same car as the widow when Trump made this call???
She knew the young man his entire life. She’s a family friend.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:36 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://amp.local10.com/news/politic...-david-johnson

Perhaps he should have stayed silent.
Perhaps you should realize that words can be taken wrong.

Maybe, just maybe IF our President Donald Trump said that, he was referring to soldiers do know what they are signing up for. Referring to his death was not in vain.
Do you not think soldiers know this, OnOurWayHome???
Maybe this lady is just an angry anti Trump person and saw an opportunity to dig in?

I do wish peace for her and their children.
I think she is over reacting.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:38 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
"He knew what he signed up for" is a compliment to the soldier, a way of saying he was a brave professional who chose to do a dangerous job, knowing the risks to his own safety. But anything to stoke black anger and resentment...
Exactly!!
Just think if all this anger and resentment was actually put towards something productive?!
Wow, that would be great for ones self and this country!

Old 10-18-2017, 08:39 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So no answer....figures...
If he is a draft dodger, then he will get a nickname, too. I'll think of something creative, although nothing beats Captain Bonespurs.

In a thread about Trump, his supporters take their deflection to another level and bring up someone who hasn't been president for almost 20 years.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
La David Johnson was affiliated with the foundation that the Congresswoman had founded.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:43 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't a Rep who knew the fallen soldier accompany the widow to pick up a military casket?

Trump says he has 'proof' so let's hear it. The problem is he lies so much and has falsely claimed he has 'proof' before.

"I have proof, too: this man is a sick man," Wilson said Wednesday morning on CNN's "New Day," responding to Trump's tweet. She added that Johnson's widow "broke down" after her call with Trump, saying the President "didn't even know his name."

"I have no reason to lie (to) the President of the United States with a dead soldier in my community. I have no time, I have no motive," she told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day," noting that she was the elementary school principal of Johnson's father and mentored the sergeant...."

Old 10-18-2017, 08:44 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
The solider who was killed was her constituent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies