Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 12:44 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

We all know he said it.

Trump's constantly saying things that other people have to explain, and/or take back.

He lies constantly and tweets things that are simply not true.

He got called on it and he's trying to lie his way out of it again.

What a sorry excuse for a human.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:44 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The mother was not on the phone. This will smack you all in the face later on when the truth comes out, not that any of you will admit it when it does.
This is all fake news.

Rep Frederica Wilson fabricated this story. She's the same resistance politician who didn't show up to Trump's inauguration and had hated him since November 8th.

It's harder to retract a lie than it is to spew out a lie. This is on page one of the DNC playbook.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:47 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Because it wasn't the time or the place to curse him out?
Nope. Because the MSGT in the vehicle would not let her have the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Without hearing what he actually said, Ill reserve judgment. One sentence out of a conversation can be taken out of context.
When we enlist to serve our country we all know what we are signing up for. We all know that if called to action that it may result in loss of our lives. That is the sacrifice every member of the military accepts. Trump was correct in his statement. It may not bring peace to the widow or make her feel appreciated, but it is the reality.
This is where I am at too.
You are also exactly right about knowing it may result in loss of your lives. My husband says the same thing and he is at peace with it. He knows this is what he is suppose to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If he did say that I'd like to hear the words before and after to understand the context.

If he did say it and it is as crass as it reads then I agree it is wrong but I can't help but think about Obama when he honored Bowe Bergdahl with a rose garden meeting. That guy was a deserter that caused other soldiers to be killed and wounded when they went out looking for him.

Trump says something stupid. Obama honors a deserter. Which is worse?
My gosh yes! I want to hear the words directly from his mouth.
Screw Bergdahl. I still can't believe we traded 5 from Gitmo for his deserting self.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:47 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Trump tells an average of four lies a day with gusts up to ten.

He lied for years about the birther business, lied about Obama wiretapping him, lied about his better, cheaper, more covered health care plan, lied about his secret plan to get ISIS, ....

Good grief, there are whole websites devoted to tracking Trump's lies.

He's likely lying about something else at this very moment.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:52 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Another failure I see, you must be used to it.

Not but trump, but how they were disrespected, you don't know, nobody does....this thread title is a lie, and you're supporting it. Figures from a 0bot...

Please, intelligence, have you read your fellow leftist posts, that's where the laughs are coming from....
...your post makes absolutely zero sense.

The mother has already said Trump disrespected her family. Are you going to call her a liar?

Old 10-18-2017, 12:55 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If he did say that I'd like to hear the words before and after to understand the context.

If he did say it and it is as crass as it reads then I agree it is wrong but I can't help but think about Obama when he honored Bowe Bergdahl with a rose garden meeting. That guy was a deserter that caused other soldiers to be killed and wounded when they went out looking for him.

Trump says something stupid. Obama honors a deserter. Which is worse?
Why is that the excuse Trump fans use all the time? How many stupid things does he need to do before it becomes a pattern to you guys?

Old 10-18-2017, 01:00 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Default Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d653cf0241a4

Who you going to believe, the mother of a special forces fallen soldier or a draft dodger who doesn't like people who have been captured.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:05 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
The guy that uses John Kelly's son for a publicity stunt, the guy that doesn't like McCain because he was captured, the guy that dodged the draft, the guy that insults gold star families, that's the guy am I supposed to believe? Obviously the sewer that Trump crawled out of is bottomless.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:05 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Why is that the excuse Trump fans use all the time? How many stupid things does he need to do before it becomes a pattern to you guys?

Trump was trying to communicate what a hero her husband was.

He knew the risk but chose to defend his country anyway.

With Democrats not good deed goes unpunished.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:06 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This is all fake news.

Rep Frederica Wilson fabricated this story. She's the same resistance politician who didn't show up to Trump's inauguration and had hated him since November 8th.

It's harder to retract a lie than it is to spew out a lie. This is on page one of the DNC playbook.

Always remember - the people that are blasting Trump over this are the same people who spit on soldiers coming back from Vietnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies