Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 01:11 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times

Advertisements

The real problem is guns and that American society is sick and stressed out.

You don't see this level of violence in other modern countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 01:14 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Because the media has tried to make it seem like only white males are mass shooters , which is not true .
Oh?

HOW have they allegedly done this?

Can you cite examples of shootings by non-whites that have either gone unreported or had the shooter's color not reported?

Please DO tell us just HOW "the media has tried to make it seem like only white males are mass shooters" ?

Old 10-18-2017, 01:16 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh?

HOW have they allegedly done this?

Can you cite examples of shootings by non-whites that have either gone unreported or had the shooter's color not reported?

Please DO tell us just HOW "the media has tried to make it seem like only white males are mass shooters" ?
also examples of shootings by females that have been hidden by the press.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:25 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Funny .. no mention of the race of the suspect on CNN or the other sites.. hmmm.
Until I got to the photo, I had no idea of the race/races.

Quote:
No I don't feel better .

If the victims were white is it a hate crime? Or can only whites commit those?
Agree, that would be the standard, if one shots someone of another race, that seems to equate to a "hate" crime and have nothing to do with any other issues.

Quote:
Just wondering why the double standard ?

Why talk about and obsess over race if the shooter is white only ?
Because that is the agenda right now under the Democratic platform of "divide and conquer".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Well, this A Hole is falling over this political point...

Our laws mean diddly when nonsense like that continues.
I don't care what race faith or political party you align with!
Those charges would have jailed the perpetrator and prevented this from happening.
I noticed that also. Was sentenced to 25 years and only served 2, basically with all the charges over the last about 15 years, he should not have been on the street.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:56 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I noticed that also. Was sentenced to 25 years and only served 2, basically with all the charges over the last about 15 years, he should not have been on the street.
That is the point that truly matters here.

Race.
Politics.
Religion.
Does not matter.

We have laws to prevent these types of things from happening yet we have incompetent feel good prosecutors jury's and judges that allow criminals a "2nd chance"

I'm really starting to believe in moving to eradicate the 8th amendment pertaining to violent offenders (rapists child molesters street thugs heinous insane evil etc) extreme I know, but maybe with a boot in someone's azz from time to time will persuade them to live right and settle grievances like civilized human beings, not blood lusting evil degenerates.

Trump, you want a wall? Prisons are full of people who want to lift weights to overpower guards and sodomize each other. Put their strength to use and get them to build your wall and work on your rebuilding of this nations infrastructure.

Wanna be evil? Wanna kill? Off to the labor fields and be put to use and be rehabilitated through hard work simultaneously taking pride in your labor for constructing roads bridges tunnels and the wall. That way, when your sentence is up, you won't return to a life of crime and poverty, but have relevant job skills to possibly become the owner of your own business in construction and contracting home repairs, landscaping etc etc.
You'll be too tired to want to pick fights with guards and rape each other in the clink. You'll be worked 8 glorious hours in 3 shifts. No more 3 hots and a cot with cable TV.

Free labor. Improved infrastructure. Reformed inmates.

3 birds. 1 stone.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:10 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
now they've expanded the search into Delaware.

http://wtop.com/maryland/2017/10/sho...-park/slide/1/

Old 10-18-2017, 02:16 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
I thought Murderland had strong gun laws.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:56 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,947,721 times
I don't see this as a political or racial issue, although it may prove to be so; I see it as a soft-on-crime issue. He was not only a convicted felon, but had also been arrested on weapons charges since:
In December 2003, Prince pleaded guilty in Delaware to 15 counts of third-degree burglary and was sentenced to 25 years with all but two years suspended, court records show. He was ordered to pay $34,500 in restitution, the records show.
He was charged with several handgun counts in March 2015 in Cecil County, including being a felon in possession of a firearm and carrying a handgun in vehicle; those charges were dropped by Cecil County prosecutors about three months later.
A Cecil County officer pulled Prince over for driving with his front headlight out, court records show. As the officer explained why he had stopped him, Prince “began getting extremely loud and aggressive.” Prince would not stop screaming, according to the officer’s statement. Officers later found a black pistol underneath his center console.
Interim Cecil County state's attorney Steven Trostle declined to comment on why the 2015 gun charges against Prince were dropped.
(As per the Baltimore Sun)
Convicted felons get caught with guns and yet they're released back out into the public. Time to demand that they do a mandatory long time behind bars.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:20 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Does it spread terror in the community and surrounding areas when such mass shootings happen by a non-middle eastern person? if Yes, why is he not called a terrorist?

Old 10-18-2017, 04:35 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Hopefully the apprehend the suspect quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies