Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:49 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Why do you care what the democrats do?

You disparage them at every opportunity and vote Green.
i wouldnt have a problem with all that if he had a legitimate problem with the party, but he manly just dislikes the fact that his guys arent winning or not knowing how the system works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 10:50 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Maybe the DNC has some sort of a future after all. Yes, Clinton is a terrible person and likely would have been a horrible, divisive president. However, the Ellison/Sanders/Fauxahauntus clan are just flat out left-wing nutcases that embrace the philosophy of communism. They were rejected by the public last year, and were managing to destroy the party. Hopefully they will just go away and some adults can rise to power in the DNC.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:10 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Good thing that the Dems are being assisted by Steve Bannon. The guy is out there throwing molotov cocktails at the GOP in his attempt to destroy the party. Trump can't help them--he has no idea what the policies are, no influence and has managed to alienate both parties.

I'm hoping Bannon gets a lot his wackos running for the midterms. Between's Trump's idiocy and the GOP civil war, the Dems have a really good shot. There are plenty of young solid Dems making plans under the radar, and they have nothing to do with Perez, Sanders or Clinton.
The are 7 or 8 candidates in the Democratic primary against Culberson. A couple stand a really good chance. The district went for Clinton. It would be the first time in my long life to live in a Democratic congressional district.

If the Texas Ds turnout, Beto can beat Cruz. He is really good.

It all depends on turnout. The Rs have convinced Texas Ds there is no point in them voting. Cruz was elected with a less than 30% turnout.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:29 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
Well one thing for sure is they need to prioritize their issues...it can't just be amnesty for illegals, transgender bathrooms , and free college. Those were the highlights from the 2016 campaign and it didn't sell

Old 10-19-2017, 11:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Why do you care what the democrats do?

You disparage them at every opportunity and vote Green.
I voted (D) in the primaries. That's why I care.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:01 PM

But you didn't care enough to vote for the elected primary candidate in the general.

Had Bernie run as an independent, would you have voted in the Democratic primary?

Even Bernie cared enough about the future of the country and all the judge positions to be filled to support the party nominee.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
But you didn't care enough to vote for the elected primary candidate in the general.
Of course I did. That is why i didn't vote for Hillary. I wanted a true alternative to Donald.

Quote:
Had Bernie run as an independent, would you have voted in the Democratic primary?
I'm not sure you are thinking your answer through. Whether I vote in the primaries would have been determined on who was running. If it was someone I support, I would have. As an (I) Bernie is in whether I vote or not.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Well one thing for sure is they need to prioritize their issues...it can't just be amnesty for illegals, transgender bathrooms , and free college. Those were the highlights from the 2016 campaign and it didn't sell
I don't know anybody who supports amnesty for illegals. Plenty support some sort of path to citizenship for the collateral damage done to people by parents who brought them here as children.

Others can be sent back or given a green card if they have an employer. I know of nobody who suggest automatic citizenship for them.

I'm sure some do. They think they can save the world one person at a time.

And as always, business owners want to keep labor cost down for everybody. They would go for some work permit.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:36 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
The are 7 or 8 candidates in the Democratic primary against Culberson. A couple stand a really good chance. The district went for Clinton. It would be the first time in my long life to live in a Democratic congressional district.

If the Texas Ds turnout, Beto can beat Cruz. He is really good.

It all depends on turnout. The Rs have convinced Texas Ds there is no point in them voting. Cruz was elected with a less than 30% turnout.
That's nonsense - you do understand that there are records kept by the Texas Secretary of State ..

The total number of votes, 7,993,851, was 58.57 percent of the registered voters. The voting age population was estimated at 18,279,737. Cruz won by 56.45%.

Now it true that not nearly that number voted in the primary - they tend to think that it doesn't matter if they vote. In the case of the Democrat running - that is the case. The turnout was so low when Cruz ran in the GOP Primary for the Senate because the voters thought there was ZERO chance that David Dewhurst would not win.
Even Dewhurst was sure he would win.
Of course - Ted Cruz would have never won the 2012 Election without all the Lawsuits that the Democrats/Eric Holder brought to delay the elections and give him the TIME to gather support. Bottom line - Ted Cruz is in the US Senate today because of Eric Holder - which I think is a total HOOT!

[color=Due to legal turmoil in the redistricting process, filing deadlines were changed twice, and the primary date changed once. The original filing deadline was December 12th.[5] That deadline was first moved to December 15th and then December 19th by a federal court due to delays caused by redistricting legal challenges. When a final map was issued, the December 19th deadline was once again moved to March 9th to allow candidates more time to file in light of the delays and map ambiguities. The primary date was first moved from March 6 to April 3 before finally settling on May 29.[/color]

Those are my very favorite elections - the elections in which one of the Candidates is so Arrogant that they believe they can't lose .... i.e., David Dewhurst, Hillary Clinton, Eric Cantor, Leticia Van de Putte

As for Beto - he will win the typical Texas Counties that Democrats win (he will certainly win the D Primary) - the Rubber Meets the Road is the General Election and while Ted Cruz has lost support in Texas - he will win the Election IF he doesn't get primaried. Beto will win Dallas, Bexar, Travis, El Paso counties and may even pull out Harris County ..... but no Democrat can win a State election with just the Large Population Counties - it takes more than a dozen Counties out of 254 to win a State wide Election in Texas.

2012 Texas Election Results by County |Texas Almanac

Old 10-19-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That's nonsense - you do understand that there are records kept by the Texas Secretary of State ..

The total number of votes, 7,993,851, was 58.57 percent of the registered voters. The voting age population was estimated at 18,279,737. Cruz won by 56.45%.

Now it true that not nearly that number voted in the primary - they tend to think that it doesn't matter if they vote. In the case of the Democrat running - that is the case. The turnout was so low when Cruz ran in the GOP Primary for the Senate because the voters thought there was ZERO chance that David Dewhurst would not win.
Even Dewhurst was sure he would win.
Of course - Ted Cruz would have never won the 2012 Election without all the Lawsuits that the Democrats/Eric Holder brought to delay the elections and give him the TIME to gather support. Bottom line - Ted Cruz is in the US Senate today because of Eric Holder - which I think is a total HOOT!

[color=Due to legal turmoil in the redistricting process, filing deadlines were changed twice, and the primary date changed once. The original filing deadline was December 12th.[5] That deadline was first moved to December 15th and then December 19th by a federal court due to delays caused by redistricting legal challenges. When a final map was issued, the December 19th deadline was once again moved to March 9th to allow candidates more time to file in light of the delays and map ambiguities. The primary date was first moved from March 6 to April 3 before finally settling on May 29.[/color]

Those are my very favorite elections - the elections in which one of the Candidates is so Arrogant that they believe they can't lose .... i.e., David Dewhurst, Hillary Clinton, Eric Cantor, Leticia Van de Putte

As for Beto - he will win the typical Texas Counties that Democrats win (he will certainly win the D Primary) - the Rubber Meets the Road is the General Election and while Ted Cruz has lost support in Texas - he will win the Election IF he doesn't get primaried. Beto will win Dallas, Bexar, Travis, El Paso counties and may even pull out Harris County ..... but no Democrat can win a State election with just the Large Population Counties - it takes more than a dozen Counties out of 254 to win a State wide Election in Texas.

2012 Texas Election Results by County |Texas Almanac
That must be why they refused to let retired congressman Jim Wright vote because his drivers license had expired.

It also helps if the candidate for lt gov owns radio stations in Houston and Dallas. Then gets his BFF forever to file as a D. The BFF says, oh no. he can continue his radio program while he runs. The labor lawyers in Austin sure got played on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies