Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 03:10 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The not-so-bright trump supporters who hunt and fish can't or won't or don't understand that environmental regulations are important to their hobbies.
I am a conservationist, and nature lover, and don't want NEEDLESS regulations that don't do anything positive for the environment, but just gum up businesses, kill jobs, and the economy. I also hunt, and fish, and have an MBA from a Ivy League university. Much of the license fees I pay my state to hunt, and fish goes to environmental, and conservation causes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 03:29 PM

459 posts, read 375,991 times
Pollution sucks.

Liberals thinking it's all man contributing to climate change also sucks

Old 10-19-2017, 04:00 PM

716 posts, read 393,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The EPA was created by Richard Nixon, a Republican. Guess you "forgot" that.
As it's such a small group of Americans, I really hate to see one (assuming you are a pilot) make us look so uninformed. I guess you "forgot" to 'Google' it and find out what the actual vote count was before you shot your mouth off.

67 Republicans voted yea
206 Democrats voted yea

Nixon might have been a crook, but he had a lot of great ideas. Universal health care for example. These days Republicans can't forget that fast enough. It's so sad how far the Republicans have fallen...

Old 10-19-2017, 04:15 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
As it's such a small group of Americans, I really hate to see one (assuming you are a pilot) make us look so uninformed. I guess you "forgot" to 'Google' it and find out what the actual vote count was before you shot your mouth off.

67 Republicans voted yea
206 Democrats voted yea

Nixon might have been a crook, but he had a lot of great ideas. Universal health care for example. These days Republicans can't forget that fast enough. It's so sad how far the Republicans have fallen...
What stops all you liberals who want universal healthcare from doing your own version for you, the poor and the illegals?

Oh, that's right, you want my money for it.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:37 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Smog was everywhere, rivers caught fire and acid rain fell from the sky. Even those who stupidly dismiss AGW, should want strict environmental regulations.
Yes that's why we support strict environmental regulations.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Smog was everywhere, rivers caught fire and acid rain fell from the sky. Even those who stupidly dismiss AGW, should want strict environmental regulations.
Oh, please! Get a life!

Old 10-19-2017, 06:23 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Not really, mostly isolated. Now we have the Green Blob robbing the country with worthless green blob laws.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:40 PM

716 posts, read 393,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What stops all you liberals who want universal healthcare from doing your own version for you, the poor and the illegals?

It was Nixon's proposal. But maybe you weren't around in those days.

FYI, he may have been a lot of things, but liberal wasn't one of them...

Old 10-19-2017, 09:11 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Just like the people in charge who came and got my money for the war in Iraq? Why didn't they pay for it without me because I sure did not want it?

Unfortunately, that isn't how it works. Like it or not, we are all in this together; we don't get to pick and choose where our $ go

Old 10-19-2017, 09:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I am a conservationist, and nature lover, and don't want NEEDLESS regulations that don't do anything positive for the environment, but just gum up businesses, kill jobs, and the economy. I also hunt, and fish, and have an MBA from a Ivy League university. Much of the license fees I pay my state to hunt, and fish goes to environmental, and conservation causes.
And that answered absolutely nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies