Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 06:05 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Charlotte councilwoman sparks controversy with tweet comparing Trump to Hitler | WSOC-TV

I think many left-wingers are just getting very desperate. Reality is sinking in that there will be a very conservative freedom-loving President until January 20th, 2021 at the very least.

Very strange how tax cuts and less regulation are now constituting a fascist agenda according a certain segment of liberals.

All that President Trump has ever proposed is to protect America from terrorism, letting people keep more of their own as opposed to politicians and cut red-tape.

The liberals make no sense, since when is giving more freedom and letting them keep their own money resemble a fascist regime?
All the left has is juvenile name calling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
OP has built an impressive straw man. Set it outside, it'll make a good Halloween prop.
Is this post supposed to be informative and on target about the OP's post?

If you have an opinion, state it and don't just make an accusation and run.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
snore we are 10 months in and so far Trump has managed only to appoint judges, everything else has been a complete failure.

Trump has had to go to the dems to get anything done at all, because he attacks his own party almost daily.

Trump is the first POTUS in modern history to FAIL to pass his major legislation first time! every other potus has done it. Bush, Bush carter, Obama, ford, nixon ,Reagan ..... all of them got it done first time !

what is worse, Trump has failed 3 times on his big bill, so it is now a matter of historical record that TRUMP is the only one to FAIL and he FAILED again and then FAILED again... i am guess trump's record for failure will stand for our entire lives...

Worried? NOPE, we were worried that Trump would be an effective dangerous POTUS that would get things done. But it turns out the only thing we have to be worried about is 1 Trump starting wars and 2 Trump getting replaced by someone who can do the job. either of those would be really bad for the dems.
" and so far Trump has managed only to appoint judges, everything else has been a complete failure."

You only believe this because it is the narrative from the LSM.

Do at least a LITTLE research and get educated, or stay ignorant.

I'll even gibe you a start:

Supreme Court justice confirmed.

Trump signed MORE bills into law since Harry Truman, in his 1st 100 days.

And I'd BET you did NOT know that because your sources of "news" did NOT report it.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:14 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Charlotte councilwoman sparks controversy with tweet comparing Trump to Hitler | WSOC-TV

I think many left-wingers are just getting very desperate. Reality is sinking in that there will be a very conservative freedom-loving President until January 20th, 2021 at the very least.

Very strange how tax cuts and less regulation are now constituting a fascist agenda according a certain segment of liberals.
I never compared them to Nazis but tax cuts aren't necessarily good if they're given to those who least need them, paid for by those who do, and eliminating regulations for no other reason than eliminating regulations is as stupid as creating regulations for no other reason than creating regulations.

Quote:
All that President Trump has ever proposed is to protect America from terrorism, letting people keep more of their own as opposed to politicians and cut red-tape.

The liberals make no sense, since when is giving more freedom and letting them keep their own money resemble a fascist regime?

What "more freedom" has actually been given by a WH that tells us questioning a four-star-general (or anyone else in power for that matter) is 'inappropriate'?

Last edited by burdell; 10-21-2017 at 06:27 AM..

Old 10-21-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So you strongly support rich people getting more of their money to keep, so they poor people will have less Medicaid? Are the wealthy much more worthy of a break than poor people? Many Republicans most certainly think so. The already well off need rewarded by being made more well off.
Change your source for "news".

Old 10-21-2017, 06:18 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That's great Trump wants to cut taxes, but why cut taxes for the 1%.
So they'll still pay. Alternatively, they could be like Swede billionaire Ingvar Kamprad (founder of IKEA) and countless other rich Europeans. Simply live elsewhere and pay not one thin dime in taxes to the country that issues their passport.

Note that even though Kamprad paid no taxes to Sweden, the Swedes still had national health care and all their other government-supplied perks.

Why? Because in European countries, 'the little people' pay taxes. The rich simply live elsewhere, and don't have to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I wouldn't ever compare any modern mainstream political party to Nazis. To do so would seriously downplay the historic atrocities they've committed.

That said, I don't agree that conservatives truly want few regulations. How is that reconciled with their clamouring for regulations on things like adoption (no same sex parents), reproductive rights, draconian anti-personal drug use stances, definition of marriage, right to die laws, etc.
" don't agree that conservatives truly want few regulations. How is that reconciled with their clamouring for regulations on things like adoption"

Apples and oranges.

There are "good" regulations and "bad" regulations.

If you don't know this already, we CANNOT have an honest discussion.

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Because...the left isn't smart enough to have a rational, intelligent discussion. Name calling is all they have. Between the race card and the Nazi card, they seem to have exhausted their vocabulary.
It is a purposeful way to end any rational discussion as they have no facts, nor logic to back up liberal/progressive policies. They have always failed. So they discredit the other side with accusations, and names. Yes the race card, and the Nazi card is ALL they have.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
This is precisely why I do not want him impeached. I want him to serve his full four years and be gone. Given his penchant for using EOs, when 2021 rolls around all of this mess can be undone by a real president. Then we can get back to some form of normalcy and begin the healing process.
"Given his penchant for using EOs"

MOST have been to CANCEL Obama EOs.

Trump has LONG way to go to pass Obama's number of EOs.

Did you complain about Obama number of EOs?.

I doubt it!

Old 10-21-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That's great Trump wants to cut taxes, but why cut taxes for the 1%.
"but why cut taxes for the 1%."

I am NOT surprised you would ask this question.

Read this real SLOW. BECAUSE THEY PAY THE MOST.

Around 90% of ALL federal income taxes are paid by the top income earners.

eaven forbid we lower the taxes for those that ACTUALLY pay the MOST taxes.

I know, you don't comprehend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies