Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:28 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,456,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I’m not a trump supporter or a Republican (anymore) and that night was the farthest thing from a highlight I can think of. It was the lesser of two evils, but I keep hearing you guys mention polls, popular vote, blah, blah, blah.

The Electoral College. Accept it, embrace it or else go screaming into the night.
I voted pretty consistently Republican until Trump, and I’m not going to be screaming into the night. I don’t think I count as one of “you guys.”

But honestly, as I pointed out in a later post, how was the fact that Hillary lost even relevant to what I was saying? I was trying to explain why the current approval polling should be viewed as credible, and no more. Given that you brought up Trump’s win when it wasn’t even relevant, I assumed you were a staunch supporter. Sorry for the mistake.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:33 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I voted pretty consistently Republican until Trump, and I’m not going to be screaming into the night. I don’t think I count as one of “you guys.”

But honestly, as I pointed out in a later post, how was the fact that Hillary lost even relevant to what I was saying? I was trying to explain why the current approval polling should be viewed as credible, and no more.
I get it. I also agree with you on the “trump economy”. Presidents rarely have any effect on the economy, good or bad. It’s cyclical for the most part.

I think we can agree the election was a train wreck.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:35 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,361 times
Quote:

But honestly, as I pointed out in a later post, how was the fact that Hillary lost even relevant to what I was saying? I was trying to explain why the current approval polling should be viewed as credible, and no more. Given that you brought up Trump’s win when it wasn’t even relevant, I assumed you were a staunch supporter. Sorry for the mistake.

Trumps approval rating was lower than any any other candidate ever since he started running in June 2015.

Guess who won the nomination and the presidency? Kasich had the highest approval rating of Republican candiates and went no where

You're gravely mistaken if you think polls are going to save you

Old 10-23-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trumps approval rating was lower than any any other candidate ever since he started running in June 2015.

Guess who won the nomination and the presidency? Kasich had the highest approval rating of Republican candiates and went no where

You're gravely mistaken if you think polls are going to save you
Trump didn't have an approval rating when he didn’t hold office. He had a favorability rating, but not an approval rating. They are two different things. Incumbent vote share is very rarely higher than approval ratings, at least in presidential elections. Of course I will acknowledge that conventional wisdom hasn’t always mattered for Trump.

If Democrats can put up a decent candidate and Trump’s actual approval is in thirties, there’s no way he will win re-election. Of course his approval could rise, and of course I wouldn’t put it past the Democrats to re-run Hillary. They are in complete disarray.

I’m just trying to inject some reality into this “everyone loves Trump” idea some of you seem to have.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Trump didn't have an approval rating when he didn’t hold office. He had a favorability rating, but not an approval rating. They are two different things. Incumbent vote share is very rarely higher than approval ratings, at least in presidential elections. Of course I will acknowledge that conventional wisdom hasn’t always mattered for Trump.

If Democrats can put up a decent candidate and Trump’s actual approval is in thirties, there’s no way he will win re-election. Of course his approval could rise, and of course I wouldn’t put it past the Democrats to re-run Hillary. They are in complete disarray.

What candidate would that be?

What are they going to run on?

Old 10-23-2017, 07:47 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Here’s my unscientific poll...she lost.

#shelostnowgetoverit.
She sure did. And Trump has had nearly a year to man up and act like the POTUS he is. When is that going to happen?

Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
What candidate would that be?

What are they going to run on?
I don’t have a clue, but many to most of Trump’s policies aren’t popular.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
She sure did. And Trump has had nearly a year to man up and act like the POTUS he is. When is that going to happen?

What you mean by "act like a Potus" is "be a liberal democrat"

Old 10-23-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
What you mean by "act like a Potus" is "be a liberal democrat"
I can’t speak for Scooby Snacks, but I’d just like our president to act like an adult. It has nothing to do with being a liberal Democrat. I am certainly not one. Every president we’ve had until Trump, at least every recent one, has managed to act like an adult regardless of party.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
How is he destroying the country?

Because e doesn't want open borders? Doesn't want sanctuary cities? Isn't making abortion and transgender bathrooms is top priority?
Saving it, more likely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies