Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 11:19 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

"Steve Bannon slammed the foreign policy establishment during a keynote address at an event in Washington on Monday, where the majority of speakers and audience members represented those very members of the foreign policy elite.

" 'The geniuses in the foreign policy elite, what they left on President Trump is essentially the Bay of Pigs in Venezuela, the Cuban Missile Crisis in Korea and the Vietnam War in Afghanistan. All at one time,' he told a room of about 500... This is the geniuses of both political parties,” said the former White House chief strategist."

Actually, Bannon was very low key in his delivery. Of interest to you Middle East policy wonks -- details and background not normally known. I like to educate myself and Bannon is never boring, always informative.

Video of this event at the Hudson Institute.

If you don't want to watch, here is a summary with some quotes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 11:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
"Steve Bannon slammed the foreign policy establishment during a keynote address at an event in Washington on Monday, where the majority of speakers and audience members represented those very members of the foreign policy elite.

" 'The geniuses in the foreign policy elite, what they left on President Trump is essentially the Bay of Pigs in Venezuela, the Cuban Missile Crisis in Korea and the Vietnam War in Afghanistan. All at one time,' he told a room of about 500... This is the geniuses of both political parties,” said the former White House chief strategist."

Actually, Bannon was very low key in his delivery. Of interest to you Middle East policy wonks -- details and background not normally known. I like to educate myself and Bannon is never boring, always informative.

Video of this event at the Hudson Institute.

If you don't want to watch, here is a summary with some quotes.
We have Zero business in Venezuela, Korea has been on going for over 60 years and there is no simple fix, and trump is send more troops to Afghanistan. Oh and Bannon is an Idiot, me thinks his attacks on the GOP may lead to his premature demise and I doubt anyone will care.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:25 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Steve Bannon knows NOTHING about international affairs. He is a loudmouth dolt hooked on white supremacy.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:46 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Steve Bannon knows NOTHING about international affairs. He is a loudmouth dolt hooked on white supremacy.
You better be more concerned with Germany and the largest neo Nazi group in the world which actually got elected to Parliament since they are your neighbors.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:17 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
We have Zero business in Venezuela, Korea has been on going for over 60 years and there is no simple fix, and trump is send more troops to Afghanistan. Oh and Bannon is an Idiot, me thinks his attacks on the GOP may lead to his premature demise and I doubt anyone will care.
One question Bannon and others should be asking is why Trump sent more troops to Afghanistan when on the trail it sounded like the US was going to end the war?

I think there is only two things to conclude.

The first is Trump lied and had no intentions of ending the war.

OR the MIC is too powerful for Trump or any President to take on.

I am not sure which one but I am leaning towards the MIC is too strong and they want that war to continue.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:34 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Trump is potus he could have order a complete withdrawal. the "MIC" might have existed at some point but they have not been in charge for decades....

Old 10-25-2017, 12:35 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Trump said many things during the campaign that he never had any intention of implementing. He is a crooked real estate salesman that will say anything to make a deal. He made a deal that most of us lost because he lied. He is till lying even if telling the truth would do him good.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:39 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump is potus he could have order a complete withdrawal. the "MIC" might have existed at some point but they have not been in charge for decades....
Complete withdrawal is what caused chaos in the Middle East.

Eisenhower warned us to beware of the Military Industrial Complex because he saw them grow in power and influence after WWII. They are part of the Deep State. War is a big moneymaker.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:54 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
You could have tried to make that point by taking a Bannon statement and critiquing it. But this ad hominem makes you appear to be describing yourself.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:22 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Trump said many things during the campaign that he never had any intention of implementing. He is a crooked real estate salesman that will say anything to make a deal. He made a deal that most of us lost because he lied. He is till lying even if telling the truth would do him good.

Some people were accusing Trump of lying recently, when he said that he had gone to an Ivy league college. But that is such an obvious untruth, that I don't think he would say it in public, unless he was so delusional that he thought that he actually did attend a college in the Ivy League. He lies to himself, to the extent that he starts believing what he's saying, himself. He seems to have so little self-awareness, that he probably thinks that everyone believes him. And he's the one with the nuclear launch codes. There are 61 million voters in this country, who have a death-wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies