Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 08:56 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
“If I say it enough, maybe it’ll be true (Oh please, oh please, oh please...)”
You know, you people are really showing not only your ignorance, but your extreme bias. You will not accept anything that does not come from CNN or MSNBC. Can you even think for yourself?

The dam has broken. The "dossier" has been shown to be totally false, bought and paid for by Hillary Clinton and the DNC, working with Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele. There's your Russian collusion. And this doesn't even count the Uranium One scandal, the dam holding that back which has also broken in the last week.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:59 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,824,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, he admitted to no such thing. And the FBI Director works for him. He serves at the pleasure of the President. He can be fired at any time for any reason. That isn't obstruction of justice.
Trump admitted it twice:

Once to Ambassador Kislyak and Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov - “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.” Then he adds, “I’m not under investigation.”

And then to Lest Holt on national television: "And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won."

This among various other statements made stating other reasons, so it seems as time went on, other excuses evolved, just as they did during the Dopey Jr. statement that changed 4 times in 3 days, which ultimately turned out to be a lie from the start. When presented with a pattern of behavior, it's safe to say that pattern or behavior can be applied to other statements on the same subjects.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Trump is the best hope for the Dems to win in 2020. If he is impeached so soon the Dems will lose badly in 2020. As of now the Dems don't even have a credible candidate and they are likely to choose a candifdate who is into race gender identity politics.

LOL!!! When all these scandals are fully revealed and investigated and a few people are in jail, the Democrats have no hope of winning anything for a very long time. Right now, they are up to their eyeballs in poop. All that has been revealed this week makes Watergate pale in comparison. Nobody will even remember Watergate after this.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:02 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,176,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Outside of of several GOP senators, the rest of congressional Pubs are still tRump's lap poodles. If he was to can Mueller, most of them would get right in step and support him. Oh, they'd hem and haw about "rule of law" but they've already strongly indicated that their partisanship is far stronger than their patriotism.
I think you overestimate the number of Repub congresscritters who are truly loyal to Trump. There is a core group of them, yes. But many on them are only wearing a fake facade of loyalty. Inside they do not like Trump but they toe the line because they are scared of his base, worried that if they waver they will lose the next primary election.

Given enough indictments causing Trump's approval ratings to fall into the 20's, watch and you'll see Trump's support in Congress erode like snow in July.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:03 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,118,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is a VERY BIG DEAL.
Charges filed. Arrest. Indictment.

And it is only the beginning.
Yep. Pop some popcorn, folks. Gonna be a great show.

Could takes few months, could take a year. But this might be the beginning of the end.

The Trump supporters on here are going yo be going BONKERS soon with the Deep State conspiracies. Trumpers are gonna FREAK.

Sit back and enjoy the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You need to update Wiki, then...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Elder
I was just at Wiki this morning. He is a Republican it says.

Okay, so there is one line that calls his philosophy "libertarian."
"Elder's political views are philosophically libertarian and have also been described as conservative."

"Following Elder's re-registering as a Republican, in a 2008 interview with The New Individualist Magazine he said, "A lot of my listeners will often call up and say, 'I preferred you when you were a Libertarian.' I always tell them I never was a 'capital-L Libertarian.' I am still 'small-l.' It’s a philosophy to me, not a party.""

Quote:
You know, you people are really showing not only your ignorance, but your extreme bias. You will not accept anything that does not come from CNN or MSNBC. Can you even think for yourself?

The dam has broken. The "dossier" has been shown to be totally false, bought and paid for by Hillary Clinton and the DNC, working with Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele. There's your Russian collusion. And this doesn't even count the Uranium One scandal, the dam holding that back which has also broken in the last week.
No, the "dossier" has not been shown to be totally false, just that a Republican source was the instigator and the Clinton campaign picked it up after the dropped out. Sen Burr (R- NC) already said parts of it have been corroborated, like Team Trump meeting with Russians for information on Clinton).

So at least the opposition research started out from Americans, not like Team Trump who went to foreigners and were ready to accept information from a foreign government (which is against election law - a campaign accepting something of value from foreign sources).

Old 10-28-2017, 09:04 AM

37,185 posts, read 19,247,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Money laundering is a wild goose chase since when? That is a pretty serious crime. Manfort receiving money from Russian sources and laundering it would seem related to Russia, no? You know, Russia. The same country where a disproportionate cross-section of a lot of Trump assets lay, according to Dopey Jr.
And, since Manafort paid cash for an apartment in Trump Tower (and two others), this would put the transaction squarely in Mueller's crosshairs and under the purview of his charter.

Paul Manafort's Puzzling New York Real Estate Purchases - WNYC

Old 10-28-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yep. Pop some popcorn, folks. Gonna be a great show.

Could takes few months, could take a year. But this might be the beginning of the end.

The Trump supporters on here are going yo be going BONKERS soon with the Deep State conspiracies. Trumpers are gonna FREAK.

Sit back and enjoy the show!

Yeah, the last convictions in Watergate occurred on January 1, 1975. It's going to be a long, bumpy road.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:

Let's talk about who first hired Fusion GPS to do oppo research on Trump? Do you recall? Or perhaps you just don't want to admit it.

Quote:
No, he admitted to no such thing. And the FBI Director works for him. He serves at the pleasure of the President. He can be fired at any time for any reason. That isn't obstruction of justice.
Nixon said the same thing.

Just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies