Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 06:55 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times

Advertisements

All kinds of rumblings around the world. Here's the latest.

Mattis: Cooperation urgent on 'accelerated' NK threat - CNNPolitics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 07:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post

True, things are starting to even more ugly, the troll running NK might be stupid enough to actually start something, even if he dies in the process. NK should be real careful, trump needs a major distraction at the moment and nuking NK would sure as heck be a Major Distraction.
Surprised to see you are watching CNN.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
If we do anything in North Korea, Russia and China get serious about undermining the dollar.

Go for it.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:32 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,070 times
NK has been quiet for a while so it was time for rocket man to make some noise again.

not surprised to see the fear mongering come from CNN.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:38 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Not worth it.

The North Koreans always think it’s all-out war; Posturing and blustering about US aggression and their response is business as usual there.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:44 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,072,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
NK should be real careful, trump needs a major distraction at the moment and nuking NK would sure as heck be a Major Distraction.
A distraction?

lol.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
True, things are starting to even more ugly, the troll running NK might be stupid enough to actually start something, even if he dies in the process. NK should be real careful, trump needs a major distraction at the moment and nuking NK would sure as heck be a Major Distraction.
Surprised to see you are watching CNN.
Not really. Confirmed with 4 sources CNN had the least ads.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:33 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
It seems pretty obvious that NK is becoming a real global problem. They have been ramping up that nuclear program for a while, but lately they have put it in overdrive. That little sh**head over there is absolutely crazy and with China not wanting to break with them, it makes for one sticky situation.

I'm not normally one who is for limiting trade with other countries, but we buy so much from China that those dollars have to mean something to them. Maybe if we found a way to stop buying so much they would get the message.

Frankly, I have no idea what to do to solve this NK mess, guess that is why I am not in the administration that does have to solve it.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:53 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post

Keeping in mind their history explain specifically what you mean by "prepare".

I'm looking for something solid and well thought out.

Not some vague insinuation based upon the USUAL rhetoric with NK that is decades and decades old.

I personally remember their sea of fire comments as well as others. Now sure, they might lob some shells or sink a SK destroyer but that's the extent of the bluster.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Keeping in mind their history explain specifically what you mean by "prepare".

I'm looking for something solid and well thought out.

Not some vague insinuation based upon the USUAL rhetoric with NK that is decades and decades old.

I personally remember their sea of fire comments as well as others. Now sure, they might lob some shells or sink a SK destroyer but that's the extent of the bluster.
There are right now 3 aircraft carriers in that area. I believe that a war is imminent.

Imagine shall we for a couple moments that say you hear at 5 pm next week that the United States and it's allies are launching an all out assault on NK. How do you think most people will respond?

This is what I think:

There will be a run on grocery stores for water and canned food.
Gun stores will be mobbed.
Gas stations will have lines
ATM machines will be very busy.
Tempers and actions in major cities will be brittle.

So preparation in my mind as least means having these supplies already and staying out of the center of any city especially those with high concentrations of Asian people.

Strategic enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies