Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 05:08 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Never trust a person who says they were drunk and didn't remember. WOW, falling down drunk with black outs is not a very reliable person to party with. Just saying. And this was years ago, how many other drunken parties has he had since then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 05:14 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
How does he know he was drunk if he doesn't remember? Did he spend years in a drunken stupor? He ought to be worried about more people speaking up then.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:55 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
I had a feeling there would be more allegations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC

US filmmaker Tony Montana claims he was groped by the actor in a Los Angeles bar in 2003.

Montana says he was left with PTSD for six months after he claims Spacey "forcefully" grabbed his crotch.

Kevin Spacey: More allegations of sexual harassment surface - BBC News

'I woke up with Kevin Spacey lying on me' - BBC News

Kevin Spacey allegations: Three more men make accusations against actor as Old Vic bosses urge people to speak out about any 'inappropriate behaviour' - Evening Standard (London)

Old 11-01-2017, 06:19 AM

934 posts, read 403,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
originally posted by BBC...
see, that's why he "couldn't remember", or really couldn't remember, whichever.

If someone didn't prey on minors and knew he'd never do it, he would feel assured enough to deny all such allegations even if he really didn't remember a thing.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
see, that's why he "couldn't remember", or really couldn't remember, whichever.

If someone didn't prey on minors and knew he'd never do it, he would feel assured enough to deny all such allegations even if he really didn't remember a thing.
According to Anthony Rapp the incident happened in 1986 and Spacey was very drunk, so he may not be able to recount the event that clearly as 31 years is a long time to remember an incident especially when you were blind drunk. Furthermore nothing sexual actually happened, it was just clear to Rapp that a drunken 26 year old Spacey was trying to seduce him and initiate sex, so he promptly left.

Actor Says Kevin Spacey Tried to Seduce Him When He Was 14 - Vulture

As for the new allegations they don't involve minors, and mainly involve inappropriate touching, however again given the time frame and lack of real evidence they may be difficult to substantiate.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Why does anyone in this day and age feel the need to "announce" they are gay anyway?
There is unfortunately a contingent that is set on outing people who are gay that prefer to keep their private lives to themselves as much as possible. This is as unfortunate as those who wish to attack and demean people for being gay.

It's also bad to condemn people for things you do not know to be the case. The big record exec (BIG) has been rumored about for a long time. It's not a secret he is gay which is irrelevant but if there is any truth to the underage stuff, I do hope it comes out.

Again though.......we know for a fact that many rock stars had sex with underage girls. Girls as young as 14 and not a peep.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:57 AM

934 posts, read 403,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
According to Anthony Rapp the incident happened in 1986 and Spacey was very drunk, so he may not be able to recount the event that clearly tbf as 31 years is a long time to remember an incident when you were blind drunk. Furthermore nothing sexual actually happened, it was just clear to Rapp that a drunken Spacey was trying to seduce him and initiate sex, so he promptly left.

Actor Says Kevin Spacey Tried to Seduce Him When He Was 14 - Vulture

As for the new allegations they don't involve minors, and mainly involve inappropriate touching, however again given the time frame they may be difficult to
I know the Rapp story.

Also, the one in the link you provided 'I woke up with Kevin Spacey lying on me' - BBC News included a 17 old.

And I can repeat this - if Spacey wasn't praying on minors (among others) it would be easy for him to deny any such allegations against him, even if he really did not remember a thing. The fact that he didn't do it in his "apology" was, for me, a huge red flag. (And I'm not even going now into how that apology was wrong on other level.)

Say, someone accused me of preying on minor while I was drunk - I'd laugh in that person's face and then go sue that someone's pants off for such a horrific libel. Even if I didn't remember a thing. Haven't been drunk more than a few times in life but I know what I do when I'm wasted. Laugh, cry, talk stupid things, throw up. In that order.

If someone accused me of smashing dishes on the table I climbed to sing a song, I'd issue a spacey-apology. I don't remember but I do apologize. And btw it's time to come out now - I always wanted to be a singer but never got around to it.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I know the Rapp story.

Also, the one in the link you provided 'I woke up with Kevin Spacey lying on me' - BBC News included a 17 old.

And I can repeat this - if Spacey wasn't praying on minors (among others) it would be easy for him to deny any such allegations against him, even if he really did not remember a thing. The fact that he didn't do it in his "apology" was, for me, a huge red flag. (And I'm not even going now into how that apology was wrong on other level.)

Say, someone accused me of preying on minor while I was drunk - I'd laugh in that person's face and then go sue that someone's pants off for such a horrific libel. Even if I didn't remember a thing. Haven't been drunk more than a few times in life but I know what I do when I'm wasted. Laugh, cry, talk stupid things, throw up. In that order.

If someone accused me of smashing dishes on the table I climbed to sing a song, I'd issue a spacey-apology. I don't remember but I do apologize. And btw it's time to come out now - I always wanted to be a singer but never got around to it.
When I was young, one could legally drink at 18. It was not very hard at all to get served younger than that. It was simply a different time. I was served beer at concerts before I was 18. No one really checked.

At 19-20 did I ever approach a girl of 16 in a bar? It is most certainly possible. Back then it wasn't even frowned upon for someone of 19 to be having sex with someone that was 16. Now is that the same as what Spacey is accused of doing? No it isn't BUT the point is if someone accused me of hitting on them when they were 16, I might not remember it but I'd have to say "I'm sorry, I do not remember that".

Now is it reasonable for someone to wonder if this has been a pattern with him? Sure. As I've pointed out, it was hardly uncommon in the past. Jimmy Page's girlfriend was 14. Shouldn't we be investigating him also?

Old 11-01-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I know the Rapp story.

Firstly the age of consent is 16 and below in many countries and is 17 in NYC, secondly I am sure most people can not remember what they did when blind drunk 31 years ago.

There has been a couple of allegations but that does not make Spacey a peadophile indeed he hasn't been convicted of anything and in the past the UK Police have investigated numerous incidents relating to a number of celebrities and politicians that turned out to be fictitious.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:10 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
More "victims" coming out of the woodwork with their hands opened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies