Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 08:03 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your words:
Under "five things Trump should do"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 08:05 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
This guy calling himself a Muslim is no different than Westboro Baptist Church members calling themselves Christians. Any idiot can yell Allahu Akbar.
did you happen to notice that westboro Baptist church members have never killed anyone?

i would call that a rather big difference.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
After reading some of these posts, I really see how far gone the Trumpers and America in general have fallen. The cult 45er are MORE warped than I thought.
I am also more alarmed than before. The language is very troubling.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please!

By the way, when has the Westboro Baptist Church committed any acts of terrorism?

IF ONLY the worst thing Islam inspired was some stupid signs and protesting soldier funerals. IF ONLY!

IF ONLY leftists gave 1/10th the derision to Islam that it does the Westboro Baptist Church. Or Catholicism. Or the snake charming Evangelicals. IF ONLY.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:08 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Finn_Jarber You said "people who don't assimilate". Germans were a good example of such people.
again, we're not discussing Germans, are we?

Quote:
Not sure what you are saying. Your son worked in Afghanistan, and they had no papers......What does that have to do with anything. If you don't have papers you can't apply to enter the US.
If you were born in the dessert, you have nothing, about when you were born, how old you are, nothing, so how can these people be properly vetted? What, by their word?

Quote:
My point was to show you tourist visas are NOT vetted, and we have 75 million tourists coming and going. Most 9/11 attackers were here on tourist visas. So, which is a bigger danger, unvetted tourists or vetted immigrants?
70 million tourists, coming and going, so who is watching these 70 million people to make certain, they return to their countries? This is extremely negligent, careless, and down right stupid....!

75 million tourists, wow...and what is the time frame on that, a year? A week, a month, 3 months....?

Quote:
Not my party. I am independent, and do not toss words like that out unless someone first proves they are indeed a racist, like by calling someone the "n" word. If you can justify calling people terrorist sympathizer with nothing to back it up, then knock yourself out. All it means that we won't have a whole lot to talk about.
Not my party either, I'm independent also, and I've never called anyone a name for their political affiliation....however, many here and everywhere in the U.S. do...I was using you, in general...you call someone a name, and judge them, eventually it's going to backfire....

Did you ever call someone a neo-natzi?

Old 11-01-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Under "five things Trump should do"
There is no difference. YOU are asking for mosques to be burned down. You won't do it yourself, so you ask others to do it.

The Constitution prohibits Trump from doing it, so you'll have to do it yourself.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:12 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
The U.S. isn’t Noah’s Ark. We don’t need immigrants from every country. We have ENOUGH diversity already in this country, why do we need a diversity VISA program?

Just follow and enforce the current immigration law and we will get enough diversity.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:15 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times
If the people of Manhattan don't care about getting slaughtered on the street (or in the office or on the bike path), then why should I??
I guess I just don't care.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:17 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is no difference. YOU are asking for mosques to be burned down. You won't do it yourself, so you ask others to do it.

The Constitution prohibits Trump from doing it, so you'll have to do it yourself.
The constitution does not prohibit it, and even if you could make that argument, there are exceptions to many things in the constitution when it comes to safety.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
again, we're not discussing Germans, are we?
We are discussing people who have trouble assimilating. You chose those words, not me. I simply gave you a good example of such people.

Quote:
If you were born in the dessert, you have nothing, about when you were born, how old you are, nothing, so how can these people be properly vetted? What, by their word?
Still don't know what you are saying. If they don't have papers they are not coming here. What is the big deal about them having papers if they live in their own dessert?

Quote:
70 million tourists, coming and going, so who is watching these 70 million people to make certain, they return to their countries? This is extremely negligent, careless, and down right stupid....!

75 million tourists, wow...and what is the time frame on that, a year? A week, a month, 3 months....?
70-75 million per year. It is a huge industry in US. There is no way to follow them all around to make sure they return. What are you going to do? Put an end to it? Well over 10 million Americans would lose their jobs, and more soon after. 7.5M are directly employed by that industry, and millions more by industries who support tourism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies