Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 08:14 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,595,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post

Do you not fault the failed policies of the democrats that let this happen?

That's a no to your stupid question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 08:18 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,909 times
Quote:
long before ISIS. and yeah he voted to end the diversity visa program and replace it with what???
and yes the terrorist is responsible but what have the democrats done for 8 years when Obama was president to prevent this from happening besides letting more of these people in and giving them free money and health care/
Show yourself some respect and just stop. Thank you.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:19 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
yeah ummm....what have the democrats done for 8 years to prevent this from happening besides letting more of these people in and giving them free money and healthcare???
??? What a bizarre post. Not to mention a total deflection from what I posted & moving the goalposts. Why not admit what you, trump & all the other cons said is totally wrong & a complete fail? It's not like it's easy to prove. Why do cons insist on making themselves look foolish?

Old 11-01-2017, 08:21 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Indictments on Monday.

Muslim terrorist attack on Tuesday.

Terrorist is originally from Uzbekistan, a former Soviet nation which maintains close ties to the Kremlin.

Terrorist is armed with a paint ball gun, a pellet gun, and a pickup he rented at the Home Depot. Conveniently, he leaves a note in the pickup about ISIS.

What a stroke of good fortune for Trump, who has rants against "radical Islamic terrorists" and was in desperate need of a distraction

Does anyone else think this sounds mighty suspicious?
This bears repeating. It should be posted on every page of this thread.

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
so what is the solution then???
I wish I knew. I cannot fathom what this man was thinking or what goes on in the minds of people who have twisted reality so much that they can deliberately set out to kill innocent people. The news said this morning that this guy is "proud" of what he's done. He can only be "proud" if he has no empathy. I wonder if he loves his children, his wife, and if he'd feel distress if they were threatened with the same kind of death he so callously imposed on others yesterday. Since he clearly did expect to die yesterday, I do believe he was a coward, a coward without any empathy. It seems to me that we live in a world where people can isolate themselves, where they stop seeing themselves as part of a larger community, where they focus on the things that differentiate themselves from the rest of humanity instead of the things we all have in common. Xenophobia focuses on the differences, too. The mindsets that let us degrade our fellow human beings stem from hatred and fear. He'd gotten to the point where he didn't see those people he aimed his vehicle at as humans. And we have posters on this thread actively degrading fellow human beings as "animals". The mindset is the same. It's right that we should feel anger mixed in with our mourning for our fellow human beings today, the day after a tragic attack. But it's an attack on humanity, all humanity. Terrorists like this guy, and mass murderers like the guys in Las Vegas and Sandy Hook, they are rejecting their own humanity. They are saying they don't want to be part of the human race. Something in their minds has gone wrong, and they don't want to be human beings, they don't want the connections that are natural to all of us. I don't think that extreme vetting is going to weed these people out. I don't think that targeting a group of people because of their religious beliefs is going to weed these people out. I don't know how it starts that they get so filled with hatred and rage that they reject their own humanity, or how we can stop this process.

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I was thinking exactly this last night.

Interesting, isn't it, how so many are willing to believe that Sandy Hook and Las Vegas were "false flags" but no cries from those same quarters about this.

Remember too, that the FB, twitter and google execs testified yesterday about the Russian propaganda efforts leading up to the election.
Pushed that right off the "front pages," didn't it?

Oh totally. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump coordinated this attack to deflect. Seriously, the timing is totally suspect.

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
So....who is at fault here????
I would have thought that would have been obvious; the terrorist. Just say'n.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Quote:
Schumer and those liberal Judges Watson and Chuang and both parties all have blood on their hands for blocking President Trump's immigration and deportation policies.
[/url]
Maybe you could explain to me how those policies would have prevented this tragedy when the perpetrator came to America in 2010.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I thought we weren't supposed to politicize tragedies so soon after an attack. That's what the White House told us last month...

Are you surprised we agree and have common ground?

Old 11-01-2017, 08:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
This is what happens, when you bring people here that are not compatible with individual liberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies