Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 06:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Hilarious. So glad we left The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 06:48 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
California leaders ask President Trump for $7.4 billion in wildfire relief - SFGate

I guess they need the federal government more than they think. Personally, I hope the assistance is denied as Trump has already given them more than enough.

That 7 billion dollars would be better spent in Florida and Texas than in California.
Why ?? Because it's a blue state? See this is the problem today partisan BS. One could make the argument that money shouldn't go to the Houston area. They have little to no zoning ordinances and pretty much have done nothing to address flood plains.

One could say why keep throwing money to Florida? We know it's prone to hurricanes. Why keep rebuilding there? No one has to live in Florida.

All of the states deserve federal disaster assistance , one state is no more deserving than the other.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:53 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
I guess they need the federal government more than they think. Personally, I hope the assistance is denied as Trump has already given them more than enough.
Tell that to this family.

Both children gone, parents still unaware: The unimaginable agony of the Shepherd family - LA Times

Old 11-05-2017, 06:55 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
I'm really curious why posters are so enraged at the evil theoretical illegal aliens selling tamales out of shopping carts when we have a real life President, voted in by 65 million Americans, who has been involved in 3500+ lawsuits, many of them involving his own illegal activities Where is the rage about that?

Old 11-05-2017, 07:04 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
California leaders ask President Trump for $7.4 billion in wildfire relief - SFGate

That 7 billion dollars would be better spent in Florida and Texas than in California.
Well, indirectly, Trump can do this by removing illegal aliens from CA as the cost of those illegal aliens per year, $30.3 billion, well, he doesn't even have to remove 25% of them to save them even to cover their own $7.4 billion. https://www.nationaleconomicseditori...on-california/

I thought CA was succeeding from the USA anyway. Good time to cut them loose!

Again, removing less than 25% of the illegal aliens from CA should cover the cost of wildfire relief, so if they were following/supporting the laws of our country rather than being lawless.......

Old 11-05-2017, 07:06 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm really curious why posters are so enraged at the evil theoretical illegal aliens selling tamales out of shopping carts when we have a real life President, voted in by 65 million Americans, who has been involved in 3500+ lawsuits, many of them involving his own illegal activities Where is the rage about that?
So are you trying to say 3500 illegal alien tamale vendors are suing Trump because he ate but didn't pay? Otherwise I don't understand your rant.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, indirectly, Trump can do this by removing illegal aliens from CA as the cost of those illegal aliens per year, $30.3 billion, well, he doesn't even have to remove 25% of them to save them even to cover their own $7.4 billion. https://www.nationaleconomicseditori...on-california/

I thought CA was succeeding from the USA anyway. Good time to cut them loose!

Again, removing less than 25% of the illegal aliens from CA should cover the cost of wildfire relief, so if they were following/supporting the laws of our country rather than being lawless.......
I thought Texas was seceding from the USA. Good time to cut them loose so we don't have to pay for the rebuilding of Houston.

There are lots and lots of illegals in Texas, many of whom I'm sure are working construction jobs doing that rebuilding, which can only mean that there are many Texans and Texas businesses hiring them. Who wants to support such a lawless state?

For the record, that is sarcasm. As an American, I believe we should give assistance to ALL Americans who are victims of natural disasters, no matter where they live. As an American, I'm ashamed of posters like this, who spew hate on fellow Americans in times of dire need simply to to fill a political agenda.

I hope there comes a time when you are in such need and you are denied because of your politics. It would serve you right.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:17 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I'm opposed to giving disaster money to any state. It encourages people to rebuild in areas that are likely to have the same "disaster" occur again.
Every state suffers from some sort of natural disaster.
There was a insurance industry report a few years ago that said Nevada was the least prone state for natural disasters due to it having the lowest amount of claims over years.
So shall we pack up America and move to Nevada?
A desert state with water issues?

Old 11-05-2017, 07:18 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:

If you don't have adequate insurance, why is it the governments problem?

Old 11-05-2017, 07:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I'm opposed to giving disaster money to any state. It encourages people to rebuild in areas that are likely to have the same "disaster" occur again.
Maybe they can all move to Your Neighborhood, all of them

Oh, while you are mulling that over, try thinking of someplace that does not have the possibility of some sort of disaster, oppps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies