Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 05:52 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
WHAT? The mind numbing bs from the left is astounding..

Adults send their kids out to sell things like this in the front yard because it teaches the kid that they have to actually work to have money and not just have it handed to them while at the same time, gets the kid out of the adults way for a few hours.

Not because they want to circumvent the law and avoid getting a license..

i cant believe anyone in their right mind actually posted something like that.
Some liberals will say anything to justify their kooky beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 05:53 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
WHAT? The mind numbing bs from the left is astounding..
Adults send their kids out to sell things like this in the front yard because it teaches the kid that they have to actually work to have money and not just have it handed to them while at the same time, gets the kid out of the adults way for a few hours.
Not because they want to circumvent the law and avoid getting a license..
i cant believe anyone in their right mind actually posted something like that.
Yes, some parents send kids out to sell stuff so the parents can avoid buying a business license, it happens all the time. You are, once again, wrong. And I never said that ALL kids selling are doing so on behalf of their parents so miss me with that,.

And citations are issued to both adults and kids selling without a business license all over the United States, especially when the item being sold is food or beverage which usually requires a health department clearance in addition to a business license. Do some research instead of being so ready to attack people every time you post.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yes, some parents send kids out to sell stuff so the parents can avoid buying a business license, it happens all the time.
I'd like for you to cite for me ONE person who sends their kids out to sell lemonade, so the parent can pay their mortgage...

Your thought process is WHACKED.. completely mind blowing dumb

Old 11-04-2017, 05:56 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Yes, some parents send kids out to sell stuff so the parents can avoid buying a business license, it happens all the time. You are, once again, wrong. And I never said that ALL kids selling are doing so on behalf of their parents so miss me with that,.

And citations are issued to both adults and kids selling without a business license all over the United States, especially when the item being sold is food or beverage which usually requires a health department clearance in addition to a business license. Do some research instead of being so ready to attack people every time you post.
Why doesn't local law enforcement require the same thing from illegals selling perishable food from stolen shopping carts? I guess there are two standards. As long as you're illegal in CA you are in a class by yourself and don't need to worry about little things like licenses or getting citations. Do some research on that and get back to us.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I'd like for you to cite for me ONE person who sends their kids out to sell lemonade, so the parent can pay their mortgage...

Your thought process is WHACKED.. completely mind blowing dumb
It is not so that they can pay their mortgage, it is so that parents can sell without acquiring a business license, they seem to think that kids won't get cited for selling without a license and in many cases that's true. I see it here in Sacramento every weekend with kids selling tamales and fruit out of carts.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
It is not so that they can pay their mortgage, it is so that parents can sell without acquiring a business license, they seem to think that kids won't get cited for selling without a license and in many cases that's true. I see it here in Sacramento every weekend with kids selling tamales and fruit out of carts.
We're talking about a cup of lemonade..

Does common sense legislation even enter your thinking process EVER?

And you guys think those of us on the right are Hitler like.. hell, you dont even think people should be allowed to sell lemonade..

and even to use your example.. SO WHAT.. they sell tamales and fruit out of a cart.. thats like going to a farmers market or a flea market and buying them..

big brother papers please!!!

Old 11-04-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Why doesn't local law enforcement require the same thing from illegals selling perishable food from stolen shopping carts? I guess there are two standards. As long as you're illegal in CA you are in a class by yourself and don't need to worry about little things like licenses or getting citations. Do some research on that and get back to us.
I have never seen anyone selling perishable food from stolen shopping carts and by looking at people I guess I'm not as good as you in determining their immigration status, or maybe I'm just not obsessed with it. But every weekend the Sheriff is citing people for selling tamales and fruit from carts or the back of their cars.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I have never seen anyone selling perishable food from stolen shopping carts and by looking at people I guess I'm not as good as you in determining their immigration status, or maybe I'm just not obsessed with it. But every weekend the Sheriff is citing people for selling tamales and fruit from carts or the back of their cars.
you guys on the left have no problem with illegals here, but sell some lemonade and they should be HUNG..

ever question your own priorities?

Old 11-04-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
We're talking about a cup of lemonade..
And the case was dismissed because when the City Manager reviewed the case he decided that a license is not required to sell lemonade and an apology was given to the girl and her family. Don't you feel silly now, wasting all that time calling me names and carrying on about this?

California girl, 5, cited for operating lemonade stand without a license | Fox News

Old 11-04-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
you guys on the left have no problem with illegals here, but sell some lemonade and they should be HUNG.. ever question your own priorities?
It would be great if you would quit twisting words and misrepresenting what people have said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies