Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 06:55 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Screw California. They should ask Mexico for relief.

We don't have money to give away to that dump, largely thanks to King Obama and the $12T additional debt he ran up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 06:59 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Coming from a conservative, withholding that money is just wrong if it's based on CA's liberal policies. States should all be treated equally regardless of politics. That's my 2 cents worth and I'm sticking with it.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:01 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Those are your fellow Americans.....oh...wait.
Put CaliExit on the ballot and we can all see if they are “ my fellow America people”.

Remember American values are not California values. Your future supreme leader Brown says so.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:20 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Coming from a conservative, withholding that money is just wrong if it's based on CA's liberal policies. States should all be treated equally regardless of politics. That's my 2 cents worth and I'm sticking with it.

The fact that anyone would argue differently is appalling. The idea of punishment for disagreement goes against the freedom this country stands for. BTW, I live in CA and I never heard anything but deep concern expressed towards the people of TX and FL this summer. There was nothing but support for government assistance and many people also donated their own funds and time. Even the much maligned "Hollywood liberal elite," came out to support the people who were suffering after the hurricanes.

Partisan politics should be put aside when our fellow Americans are suffering and many have lost everything. Actually, it should be put aside period. If we truly want to make this country great again we must learn to communicate and work together but it certainly has no place after a national emergency involving loss of life and property.

Last edited by detshen; 11-04-2017 at 07:36 PM..

Old 11-04-2017, 07:21 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
California is either so desperate and/or full of loonies that they have gone to this.
Californians need to rise up and get rid of the unhinged lib citizens and the Politicians who are unhinged libs

California girl, 5, cited for operating lemonade stand without a license | Fox News

California girl, 5, cited for operating lemonade stand without a license

Good grief! A 5-year-old girl in Porterville, Calif., received a citation in late October for operating a lemonade stand without a license.

In June, Autumn Thomasson decided to operate the stand to raise money to pay for a new bike.
DeHaas received a letter from Porterville’s Finance Department with an image of her Facebook post. Enclosed was a citation, ordering the mom to pay for a business license for her daughter’s stand,
"the rest of the story" After the mom called it was found out that it was a mistake....There was no need for a business license and/or fine.

re: OP.....All states should be able to apply for disaster aid, that is what FEMA is for.

However, FEMA does not aid businesses, or rentals...Those folks have to apply for small business loans (SBA) loans for assistance beyond what their owners insurance covers. FEMA does not rebuild homes, it is emergency assistance....FEMA trailers for homeless home owners, assistance with emergency displacement, assessment of damages to homes etc. Although it is all very helpful, they do not make you whole.....back to pre disaster.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:24 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
California leaders ask President Trump for $7.4 billion in wildfire relief - SFGate

I guess they need the federal government more than they think. Personally, I hope the assistance is denied as Trump has already given them more than enough.

That 7 billion dollars would be better spent in Florida and Texas than in California.
Sure, go ahead, cut them off, oh and that means that they will return the favor, they would no choice.
MAGA....................

Old 11-04-2017, 07:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Screw California. They should ask Mexico for relief.

We don't have money to give away to that dump, largely thanks to King Obama and the $12T additional debt he ran up.
Awww, did you not notice that the New King and GOPP are adding Trillions more to that debt....opps

Old 11-04-2017, 07:29 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Ca. doesn't need the union for anything. Isn't that what they have been claiming ? They don't need to cooperate with the federal government. Why are they asking for money. They just raised taxes and they can do it again.
No, California has not been claiming that. A fringe group does not speak for the whole state. I live and work around many very liberal people in CA. I've never heard a single person express support or desire to leave the union. What I do hear/read a lot of are conservatives claiming that it's what the entire state wants.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:33 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
California leaders ask President Trump for $7.4 billion in wildfire relief - SFGate

I guess they need the federal government more than they think. Personally, I hope the assistance is denied as Trump has already given them more than enough.

That 7 billion dollars would be better spent in Florida and Texas than in California.
How does Florida deserve more FED money over California?

Because they elected Trump? By 1% ?

Old 11-04-2017, 07:33 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Really sad people don’t want to help because California is full of liberals. So disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies