Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 05:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Nope its a disorder and there are many individuals with some sociopathic traits that are highly successful they lack the ability to feel empathy or to feel but also don't take pleasure in other's suffering. Upbringing plays a big role.
Yes that is a Mental Health disorder .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 05:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Terrorists are mentally ill too. Anybody who kills multiple people are mentally ill. Happy now?
We labeled those who plotted the attack and carried it out in Benghazi as terrorists. There is no reason to believe they were mentally ill. Just the opposite. They wanted to stop the running of arms out of their country by a foreign entity just the same as we would.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:48 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Isn't that more indicative of mental illness? -many smaller mass shootings involving families, seem to end with victims who weren't at the centre of the conflict.

Would would the cause be as well? -are there anti -christian atheist groups in the US, calling for violent action against christians?
It should not be discounted that he had recently become so obnoxious people started blocking him on their Facebook pages due to his atheist preaching.

It is common that these people who have always been weird, get weirder right before they go off. People start avoiding them. They grab on to some ideology and become extremists about something they are powerless to change.

I think he went off the rails and his ideology was on his mind as well as his personal issues.

No one said atheists are calling for violence (...???) This is a guy who glommed on to something in opposition to the standards in his community. He was a mess of contradictions. No one is blaming the ideology he grabbed on to, it could have been anything.

As a matter of fact there seem to be more critics of religion ("prayer didn't save them") type of thing. It is pretty disturbing.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:57 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
"The terrorist came into our country through what is called the "Diversity Visa Lottery Program," a Chuck Schumer beauty. I want merit based."

That is what he tweeted. That is blaming a specific person, otherwise why bring up a specific name? End of story.
Did you just reinforce my exact point?

Old 11-07-2017, 09:37 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It should not be discounted that he had recently become so obnoxious people started blocking him on their Facebook pages due to his atheist preaching.

It is common that these people who have always been weird, get weirder right before they go off. People start avoiding them. They grab on to some ideology and become extremists about something they are powerless to change.

I think he went off the rails and his ideology was on his mind as well as his personal issues.

No one said atheists are calling for violence (...???) This is a guy who glommed on to something in opposition to the standards in his community. He was a mess of contradictions. No one is blaming the ideology he grabbed on to, it could have been anything.

As a matter of fact there seem to be more critics of religion ("prayer didn't save them") type of thing. It is pretty disturbing.
What was the ideology that he grabbed on to? - atheism isn't an ideology.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:38 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why does Trump blame the Texas mass shooting on mental illness, and mass shootings by others are caused by terrorism? Devin Patrick Kelley was a terrorist. Being white does not mean he wasn't a terrorist. Yet Trump made excuses for his horrible crimes by saying it was a mental health problem. Putting aside the necessity (or not) of gun control measures, why did he not condemn the Texas shooter just as harshly as shooters of other races? Violence should never be tolerated, no matter who the perpetrator is. His comments reminds me of the Charlottesville shootings when he condemned the violence on "many sides."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.e27e01a7749f

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...church-n817791
We have heard about his mental pathology for one thing. If we find out he has ties to the antifa scum, well then, he is a terrorist. If anyone tolerates violence it is the lunatic left. Gun control is not going to happen, period. Whether you like it or not.

The left wing loons have been set back a bit because of DJT and they are spittin' mad. Just like that fool that attacked Rand Paul from behind and broke his ribs. Too bad ole Rand wasn't carrying.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:06 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm sorry, but if people come in to our home to inflict harm on us, I consider that terrorists. What would you call them.
This thread is about the white American TX mass shooter, what are YOU talking about?

People calling him or any other mass shooters terrorists solely because they’ve committed a mass shooting don’t know what they’re talking about. I haven’t been updated recently on the news but last I heard, the shooter was having issues with his wife and her family, and his MIL was known to attend the church. It may have been some sort of domestic dispute. That is not terrorism. There is no suspected racial or religious motive, and no current terror investigation.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:31 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
This thread is about the white American TX mass shooter, what are YOU talking about?

People calling him or any other mass shooters terrorists solely because they’ve committed a mass shooting don’t know what they’re talking about. I haven’t been updated recently on the news but last I heard, the shooter was having issues with his wife and her family, and his MIL was known to attend the church. It may have been some sort of domestic dispute. That is not terrorism. There is no suspected racial or religious motive, and no current terror investigation.
Then again, the OP interjects his racial prejudices into it As far as the differences, one attack occurred against all of us, as Americans, the other occurred because of a domestic situation. Not to hard to separate the two

Old 11-07-2017, 10:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Did you just reinforce my exact point?
You claimed that he did not blame Schumer when as you can see, in a tweet where he specifically named Schumer, that he did blame him. As I said, if he didn't bring up a specific name, then he wouldn't have placed blame. But, as we know, since trump can never keep his fat mouth shut, that yes, he did blame Schumer. Period.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Then again, the OP interjects his racial prejudices into it As far as the differences, one attack occurred against all of us, as Americans, the other occurred because of a domestic situation. Not to hard to separate the two
And the Vegas shooter? Who did he attack?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies