Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 01:09 PM

13,308 posts, read 7,884,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And it is also a good way to persuade people who might feel like they should talk to someone not to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRoV34pubTs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 01:16 PM

25,994 posts, read 22,187,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
When asked whether U.S. gun control measures could have been the key to the Texas shooting, Trump replied, "Mental health is your problem here"

"This isn't a guns situation," he said, before adding, "This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It's a very, very sad event."

Mental illness is a public safety hazard.

Universal health care for all.
OK, if we agree to a ban on alcohol as its misuse results in far more killings than does guns or mental illness. Also, anyone that is most likely to reoffend gets put under the prison rather than in prison as they are a public safety hazard. Lots of public safety hazards out there.

Quote:
So, you want mandatory mental health evaluations for everyone.

Some of you are scary.
I'm starting my list right now to be ready!

Quote:
We're talking about public safety here.

Do you ever go out in public?
We all go out in public and face many perils.

Quote:
Yes, we should all chip in.
Please don't volunteer me, I'm already providing for others and going without things for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
How much is each human life worth...just curious.
Anymore, not that much. Looks at the abortion rate, we are all just a bunch of cells that someone may or may not care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No.. Better argument for a fully armed society, when evil is all around you.
I say bring back mental institutions and problem solved, instead of taking my rights, because you allow these people to walk the streets in society with their full rights, the same as I.

If a person is not incarcerated, in bondage, or dead, they have their full rights to arms, as the Constitution states.
At what point, do people not become people anymore? The Constitution says, government does not get to decide for us.
Mental institutions would also solve the problem for many of the homeless. Yep, they opened the doors and dumped them into society so they could procreate, not the best idea in the world.

Our forefathers were pretty smart when looking at where things would most likely go in the future of our nation. Sadly, many aren't that bright today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Im for universal health. This isnt why.
I actually support universal health care also, but not as a way to stop gun violence. I don't think terrorist are mentally ill, I think they are evil to the bone with no hope of redemption.

Quote:
Universal health care would include provision of mental health treatment.
Medicaid and many insurance plans offer mental health treatment, and in every city I have been in, there have been clinics with fees on a sliding scale based on income.

Quote:
What percentage of shooters sought out mental healthcare?
Exactly. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...otings/541965/ Mental Illness is always the scapegoat after mass shootings: After mass shootings, mental illness is always the scapegoat | TheHill Again, some people are just evil. And, https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.c380f0c88e02

So, universal healthcare, which would include mental health care, is not the answer although for those promoting universal healthcare (and don't realize what it is going to cost them) mental illness and shootings seem to be the scapegoat they are using to try to get there.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
You don't think we have a serious mass shooting problem in this country.

NO. We have a disgruntled Democrat problem on our hands.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Mental institutions would also solve the problem for many of the homeless. Yep, they opened the doors and dumped them into society so they could procreate, not the best idea in the world.

They dumped all the crazy nutcases out into the public and then decide we need to disarm the public at the same time.

We didn't need or have insane asylums, before they started to disarm the public.

They were culled from society one way or the other. Like Mother Nature, the species will be stronger by the day, as the freaks and weak are culled from it.

There is a reason we became the biggest, baddest and most prosperous, in the short time it took.

Then the Progressive Era put us on a flatline.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:41 AM

13,308 posts, read 7,884,749 times
Mental health problems should be treated with alcohol, judiciously (proportionately), in mental hospitals, and outside, too.

Alcohol is a loosener.

I've known a lot of loosers.

I don't think Charlie Manson allowed any alcohol use in his cult, or in himself, either!

Lotsa folks need to adjust a medium between being too loose and too tight.

I never read any reports of any mass murderers drinking any alcohol.

Now, take Muslims, for instance.

Never mind - It's not fair to pit Muslims against Mormons.

I seen "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

I seen it!

Old 11-27-2017, 08:58 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,952,840 times
Quote:
We're talking about public safety here.

Do you ever go out in public?
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safetyâ€

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-27-2017, 08:59 AM

50,449 posts, read 47,177,398 times
So Paddock almost surely would have passed a "mental health" screening. Now what?

Back to blaming the gun?

Old 11-27-2017, 09:27 AM

38,034 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
When asked whether U.S. gun control measures could have been the key to the Texas shooting, Trump replied, "Mental health is your problem here"

"This isn't a guns situation," he said, before adding, "This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It's a very, very sad event."

Mental illness is a public safety hazard.

Universal health care for all.
I'm sure you are going to provide solid evidence that the mentally unstable who went on shooting sprees were denied health care treatment.

Otherwise, I'm sure you would not leap to wild conclusions on the matter, and waste our time starting a thread making such claims.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:31 AM

Militia is illegal as the police state has suppressed the Free State. The privilege of citizens, who are non-felons & mentally sane, may keep but not bear, the small arms the federal government allows, this shall be altered as government feels.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:34 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,030,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They dumped all the crazy nutcases out into the public and then decide we need to disarm the public at the same time.

We didn't need or have insane asylums, before they started to disarm the public.

They were culled from society one way or the other. Like Mother Nature, the species will be stronger by the day, as the freaks and weak are culled from it.

There is a reason we became the biggest, baddest and most prosperous, in the short time it took.

Then the Progressive Era put us on a flatline.
Duh... The rest of the modern world got bombed to a shell. When you're the only not reduced to near nothing industrial nation you tend to take over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm sure you are going to provide solid evidence that the mentally unstable who went on shooting sprees were denied health care treatment.

Otherwise, I'm sure you would not leap to wild conclusions on the matter, and waste our time starting a thread making such claims.
It's not about denial of healthcare. Thanks to Reagan shuttering the mental institutions people are now expected to be responsible for their medications out in the world.

Of course, reliance on pharma is another part of the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies