Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 11:47 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
It's fake because there is no such thing as an assault rifle. It's a made-up (fake) term used by irrationally hysterical nut cases.

For the record, I'm not a Trump fan. I am, however, a fan of rational discourse. The Left's irrational hysteria over guns is as stupid as the Right's irrational hysteria over illegal immigration. Whack jobs cover a broad political spectrum.
You do realize that the person who made the comment was one of Trump's nominees?

Old 11-12-2017, 12:10 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
Your rights do not include you deciding for me, what I can do within my constitutional rights.

How many Americans does planned parenthood kill yearly?

Hate guns? Do not buy any.

Afraid of guns? Get body armor.

You have the right to protect yourself.

My next AR-15 is under my desk waiting on some parts to arrive. I can build it myself with parts off the shelf from multiple sources. The back log of parts already built is tremendous. You cannot put the genie back in the bottle.

Never fired a shot in anger and never intend to.
I don't hate guns, I've shot rifles, I own a rifle. I don't have ANY need 19 other guns though, let alone an AR-15 or sub-automatic. I don't fear guns, I fear people in the world today who have the right to carry a hand-gun. Arizona has so many "adults" who complain that a business owner don't want them to carry on their premises and people threatening to shoot others. Most people don't carry a rifle or shotgun unless their are robbing a store or hunting.

Planned parenthood don't kill Americans (well unless you believe fertilized eggs and unborn fetuses are indeed people.) The number I can get is 2.4 million Americans used Planned Parenthood in 2016 (as per their annual report) and of that, 11% were men. So at best, 2.3 million abortions happened (though Planned Parenthood does FAR more.)

Old 11-12-2017, 12:18 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
You do realize that the person who made the comment was one of Trump's nominees?
You realize said nominee used that as deflection for the airforce dropping the ball as said nominee was an airforce colonel right? Of course what a better way to get the heat off of the airforce...

DON'T LOOK HERE WHERE THE PROBLEM REALLY IS LOOK OVER THERE AT THE FIREARM THAT WAS USED...

Old 11-12-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You realize said nominee used that as deflection for the airforce dropping the ball as said nominee was an airforce colonel right? Of course what a better way to get the heat off of the airforce...

DON'T LOOK HERE WHERE THE PROBLEM REALLY IS LOOK OVER THERE AT THE FIREARM THAT WAS USED...
I don't buy crazy conspiracy theories

Where did you hear that from, Alex Jones?

Old 11-12-2017, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't hate guns, I've shot rifles, I own a rifle. I don't have ANY need 19 other guns though,
So don't buy 19 other guns. Problem solved.

Quote:
let alone an AR-15
So don't buy an AR15. Problem solved.

Quote:
or sub-automatic.
Sub-automatic?
Sub machine gun?

Quote:
I don't fear guns,
not very convincing.

Quote:
I fear people in the world today who have the right to carry a hand-gun.
so don't live in a state that allows that freedom. There's California there's New York (stay away from Arbor Hill Schenectady Troy Poughkeepsie) Massachusetts (be advised to steer clear of Pittsfield and Springfield) Connecticut (stay away from Hartford)

Quote:
Arizona has so many "adults" who complain that a business owner don't want them to carry on their premises
If it's concealed as long as they're not brandishing or carrying it openly they don't really have a complaint...

Quote:
and people threatening to shoot others.
If you're threatened you do something about it. Perhaps call the police if you feel your life is in danger... that's just immature to make threats with a firearm, matter of fact that's a punishable offense.

Quote:
Most people don't carry a rifle or shotgun unless their are robbing a store or hunting.
If it's legal to open carry a rifle, pistol, shotgun, per the state law, in a non threatening display it is legal to do so. Just because Most people don't practice their rights, doesn't make those rights any less insignificant or illegal.

It's legal in Florida to open carry while fishing and hunting. If it were legal to open carry I'd still carry concealed. 2 reasons.
1. Feeble folks like you would call the police
2. In my lines of work, I don't need a pistol gouging a customer's vehicle nor a pistols finish to be destroyed while utilizing heavy equipment to carrying blocks...

A rifle or shotgun, I'd carry a rifle openly at an event like a concert no problem. I'm not consuming alcohol when in possession of a weapon. A paddock wanna be starts something I'll gladly finish them, I get tagged I get tagged. Hopefully someone else picks it up and continues the fight. I'm not going out like a nancy.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I don't buy crazy conspiracy theories

Where did you hear that from, Alex Jones?
First of all he said AR15s. Not assault rifles.
Quote:
Dr. Winslow is a retired United States Air Force Colonel with several distinguished military decorations for his service.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...-personnel-key
Alex Jones is the white house? Really?

Hmm... had no issues nor statements publicly made for vegas. Church scumbag was revealed as being in the Airforce now all of a sudden AR15s are an issue? Hmmm... airforce dropped the ball reporting to NICS now all of a sudden there's a problem with civilians owning or having access to AR15s? And you are that naive to believe it isn't deflection?

I bet you're that damn gullible to get urinated on told it's rain and believe it...

Old 11-12-2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
First of all he said AR15s. Not assault rifles.

Hmm... had no issues nor statements publicly made for vegas. Church scumbag was revealed as being in the Airforce now all of a sudden AR15s are an issue? Hmmm... airforce dropped the ball reporting to NICS now all of a sudden there's a problem with civilians owning or having access to AR15s? And you are that naive to believe it isn't deflection?

I bet you're that damn gullible to get urinated on told it's rain and believe it...
Wrong

Quote:
just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can go out and buy a semi-automatic assault rifle like an AR-15, which apparently was the weapon that was used," Winslow said.
Whether it's deflection or not doesn't matter, he said it.

You guys deflect all the time by bringing up your hatred of Hillary, does that mean you don't dislike Hillary because it's deflection???

Old 11-12-2017, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Wrong

Whether it's deflection or not doesn't matter, he said it.

You guys deflect all the time by bringing up your hatred of Hillary, does that mean you don't dislike Hillary because it's deflection???
AR15s are not assault rifles.

It's clearly defined.
Assault rifle-short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges. It must be capable of selective fire.

It is deflection, and he did say it go kiss his boots

LOL it took you this long to bring the wench up. Nice!

No we deflect to show a double standard exists in politics.
Now where have you seen me stand up for this airforce colonel? Oh that's right you can't. He's another dink who doesn't know the definition of an assault rifle.

Where do you see me defending Roy Moore?
You don't. But I won't stop you and others from assuming things like Nazi bigoted KKK murderous heinous etc. I find it amusing actually that ya'll on the left have an anointed supercilious attitude towards others and think that's how you'll get people to hear your side...

See... unlike Hillary, Trump gave up fortune to run the country, Hillary was willing to give up the country for fortune.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:30 AM

Going for cross thread points here

Case in point slats your feeble thread on what would cause Trump's base to jump ship.

You really are clueless none of your answers were relevant. Unless he killed someone in cold blood was the only one on the poll.

You really think we're concerned about social justice issues? Nope. Does that make us bigots? Racists? Neo Nazis? KKK? No. Why?
Race tensions don't benefit anyone. I'd put money on it I have a more diverse group of friends than you do.
Social issues, that was a highschool drama issue. Even then I refused to participate in it.

His tax plan, benefits me. I keep more money. If it hurts others, perhaps it's time they demand their state to be audited and found out exactly why their taxes are so high. Remember slats. Government doesn't produce a good or product. Therfore it can only impose a tax to generate revenue. Interesting the difference in say OH the demand for 15 movement. 15 per hour in NY vs 15 per hour in FL. No state income tax. You keep more money in florida. 15 an hour in NY LOL I made that before I was in college. After state income and federal taxes. 28-32k per year.

Repeal ACA. That was congress and the Senate's job to do. They failed. So they'll be replaced with those who share Trump's values.
I'm a millennial I wanted ACA gone. I never wanted to see it pass. Then again when you live in NY and see how corrupt government is, and how funds are abused, and deal with state workers... you have to be a damn fool to believe the government is going to have your best interests in mind... in a rainbow unicorn puppy dog world sure. Reality. No. Grease a politicians palms. Get your will signed into law. F that. Follow the money. I wonder who benefitted from the ACA...

Republicants had 1 job. 1 job and couldn't do it.
That's okay. Like I said we aren't turning on Trump until he crosses some major lines you couldn't even figure out.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:33 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

At least until Democrats get back in power........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies