Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 09:12 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"At least I try to be a little more original every now and then..."

You post the same things over and over.

I recall a thread bout a year or so ago after a gun "massacre" and you were TOLD about "assault" rifles and here you are AGAIN repeating the same old B.S.

The AR-15 is NOT an "assault" rifle. Let that sink in!
Say there guy...

You DO know you don't need to quote again the words you have already quoted above your comment. Right? Talk about repetition...

Also you repeat this about the AR-15 when I have made countless comments in this thread well demonstrating you are repeating what DOES NOT NEED REPEATING.

I KNOW WHAT AN AR-15 IS VERSUS AN ASSAULT RIFLE.

Also by repeating your nonsense that I guess makes you feel good about yourself (over and over), you have us both repeating ourselves!

Hard to ignore you, but I think I've got to double the effort now, because going in these sorts of childish circles makes me dizzy...

Old 11-14-2017, 09:20 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
In californicators minds, any weapon that was used in an asssult will be categorized as an assault weapon.
It's interesting to see how news articles of robberies and such describe the the guns as semi-automatic instead of just saying "pulled a gun". Not even hiding attempts to condition people.

Man robs Garden Grove liquor store with semi-automatic gun
Man robs Garden Grove liquor store with semi-automatic gun – Orange County Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Meaning their goal is a complete ban on the 2nd A, meaning the Constitution means nothing to many of them.
1st and 2nd. They want to shut you up and make sure you can't do anything about it.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
of course the antigunners dont believe the AR15 is not an assault rifle, to them ANYTHING that is a black rifle is an assault rifle. and the scarier it looks, the more of an assault rifle it becomes. the AR15 has become a rifle that goes from one round fired per pull of the trigger, to a rifle that can fire 300 rounds per second in the view of some gun grabbers.
You boys can go on and on all you like about all you want to suggest is believed or not, and I assume you do because it is far easier a mental exercise than actually using your heads productively. Add the countless key strokes devoted to how much you all know about all types of guns, ammo and patina, and the amount of wasted time becomes a thing to behold.

Something like a bunch of adolescent boys sitting in a circle looking at dirty magazines together, doing what I best not describe any further...

And/or does no one understand my comment #885, not to be confused with any notions that I believe an AR-15 is an assault rifle?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Well the Maryland legislature has decided that an AR-15 is most definitely an “assault weapon”. From where do you get your definition of “assault weapons”?
It is very easy in this day and age to Google "assault rifle," "assault weapon," and AR-15 to get all the information anyone wants to know about the likes...

I could do so and no doubt there are more than a few participating in this thread that would nevertheless INSIST what I believe to the contrary, but no matter. Ultimately what matters is what definition is provided by the law that specifically might address such weapons, up to and including whatever specific weapons are to be considered illegal. Listing, for example, weapons like the StG 44 (Rate of fire: 550–600 rounds/min) AK-47 and/or M16...

Very high rates of fire. Right or wrong, agreed or not, what's so hard to understand here?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Indeed they are. Idiots with an agenda. They are also liars, criminals and prostitutes that will do or say anything to get elected.
Right! While we here are brilliant examples of all things good a human can be! Amazing the universe we can create for ourselves in our own heads. Isn't it? A universe in which everyone else is nothing but a black hole if they don't think, feel and agree with us, especially those guboment types...

Old 11-14-2017, 09:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
It is very easy in this day and age to Google "assault rifle," "assault weapon," and AR-15 to get all the information anyone wants to know about the likes...

I could do so and no doubt there are more than a few participating in this thread that would nevertheless INSIST what I believe to the contrary, but no matter. Ultimately what matters is what definition is provided by the law that specifically might address such weapons, up to and including whatever specific weapons are to be considered illegal. Listing, for example, weapons like the StG 44 (Rate of fire: 550–600 rounds/min) AK-47 and/or M16...

Very high rates of fire. Right or wrong, agreed or not, what's so hard to understand here?
I would use it against them,if they want to continue to call an AR-15 an assault rifle, then a REAL assault fully automatic rifle could not be placed in the same category, they would be 2 different types of guns.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
The Maryland legislature probably got their definition of 'assault weapon' from the California legislature, neither of which know much about the subject. I'm a liberal gun owner and a proponent of common sense gun control like background checks for all purchases. I believe 'stand your ground' and open carry laws should be overturned, etc.

But I have to agreed with most gun owners that calling a semi-auto AR an assault weapon is a misnomer, it's just another semi-auto rifle that's no more dangerous than a Mini-14, which no one is proposing to outlaw.

They might look like an assault weapon, but that doesn't make it so. Keep in mind that handguns are responsible for the vast majority of gun deaths, but if you really want to reduce the deaths caused by AR's, you should go after two features that can be used on every semi-auto rifle.

Gun control proponents should concentrate on making it a crime to buy, sell or poses a flash suppressor or any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. Gun nuts who think they should be allowed to own the same weapons that our government owns aside, even though most gun owners would oppose it, it's a much more practical approach. It would go a long way to reduce the carnage any semi-auto rifle can produce while being much more likely to get passed into law...
Though we can go on forever about what the AR-15 is or is not, nice to read a comment that goes a little further in terms of critical thinking. Rare, but sometimes happens in these gun threads...

Old 11-14-2017, 09:40 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:

Because if you stick to debating terminology, you are not challenged with having to advocate for the ubiquity of guns that fire at an extremely high rate.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I saw a video of a politician wanting to ban ar15's because they fired heat seeking bullets.
What????
Just goes to show that not only do politicians not do their own research, they are willing to accept that anyone whispering in their ear that whatever is said is fact if it gives them a platform to advance their own personal agendas.
This whole ar15 is an assault rifle was debunked years ago when the media and politicians first started saying they were. They were corrected but decided it helps them if they just lie enough times it will become truth. People are like sheep in that they don't make much of an effort to educate themselves on facts. It's just easier to sound like you are in the know by repeating things they hear on the news. Years ago you could mostly rely on the evening news to give you some semblance of the truth. Nowadays you have so much fake news, twitter rumors, snopes to find out the truth. If you say it often it enough it becomes truth.
Want to ban guns? Saying the Ar15 is an evil killing machine assault rifle sounds like a great way to help your cause. Want great clickbait and readership for your media, call them assault rifles. Gets more readership.
Agreed, but not ALL politicians are worthy of the smack down...

Some though. No doubt. Why I remember one politician explaining that women will let you grope them if you're famous, and that he saw thousands of Muslims cheering on 9/11, and that he prefers vets who don't get caught by the enemy, and a whole ton of tweets somewhat similar to many comments in this thread that surely make you wonder "who's on first."

Old 11-14-2017, 09:45 AM

764 posts, read 235,323 times
Quote:

How about from here on out in these threads we don't use the terms assault weapon or assault rifle, but say what we mean specifically, such as automatic or semi-automatic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies