Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 09:36 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I think you have that backwards TreeBeard. Nobody cares when something happens to a white person. This would not have even been a story if it had been a white guy being refused the gun sale. And the only racism on display is the racism that the story was meant to stir up. This story was only run because the person not being sold the gun was in fact a black man. Anything to stir up the "race hate" and keep us all at odds with each other. Black people and white people need to stop and realize someone wants us mad at each other. The people in power want us at each other's throats. Easier to control a populace that is so divided and set against one another. Just remember, United We Stand....But Divided We Will Surely Fall!

*****I may not agree with what you say, but I'd defend to the death your right to say it!*****
& the National Rifle Association goes to great lengths (& spends a huge sum of money) to provide all Americans with the most efficient means of doing so.

Who needs divide & conquer when we're provided the means along with the 'blessings' to just off each other.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
A large part of the legal weapons trade, in terms of keeping illegal weapons off of the street or out of the hands of people who might immediately do harm with them, is the seller's discretion and legal ability to deny the sale.

No one here knows what information the gun store owner was working with, and thus can't judge him. If the buyer wants the weapon that bad, he can complete the purchase online or at another gun store.

A relative of mine works behind a gun counter. He regularly denies men firearms sales, who are otherwise okay on paper. Doing so is an important power to have. His most common reason? They come in wreaking like weed. Things like that don't show up on cell phone videos.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:34 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
You did catch this...."because he is a regular customer,"..

So if the guy has already purchased guns don't you think at some point the store owner would be suspicious?

5, 10, 25, 100?

Give me a number.

Especially if the customer is buying the same gun over and over again.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:50 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Who wants it both ways? I think it's ludicrous to have such unrealistic expectations of gun store owners. They're no different than anyone else.
You may not have such expectations, green_mariner may not. However you aren't who dealers answer to. Write your congress critter and senator and tell them how you feel about it. Then get the regs updated to remove those expectations.

Then gun dealers will have the same right to deny service as any other hardware store, and clearly will still deny sales on failed BGCs.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:23 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
To reiterate: I think it's ludicrous to have such unrealistic expectations of gun store owners. Nearly as ludicrous as the 'good guys with guns' vigilante schtick.
I agree with you about the gun store owners. I'm just pointing out that it's NOT some fringe schtick but rather a meme created by and often repeated by well known national mayors like Rahm Emanuel and many others.

Standard politics, pass the buck and blame everyone else. Besides actually addressing inner city issues, schools, drugs etc. costs money.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:26 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
You may not have such expectations, green_mariner may not. However you aren't who dealers answer to. Write your congress critter and senator and tell them how you feel about it. Then get the regs updated to remove those expectations.

Then gun dealers will have the same right to deny service as any other hardware store, and clearly will still deny sales on failed BGCs.
Yep, all it takes is for there to be some horrific shooting from a straw purchase and they trace it back to his store and then RUIN the guys business by trying to pin the whole thing on the guy in a great big political show.

Or he can refuse the sale and people will then try to make a big show of that and try to ruin the guys business claiming he's "racist".

Old 11-13-2017, 11:59 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The 2nd Amendment in a nutshell. It only applies to certain people.
Have you ever read the 2nd Amendment? Anyone who thinks this is a 2nd Amendment issue either hasn't read it or is ignorant.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:07 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Have you ever read the 2nd Amendment? Anyone who thinks this is a 2nd Amendment issue either hasn't read it or is ignorant.
People are all for more guns until black people start buying guns.

Let's 10,000 black people all buy guns one day, and watch laws change.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:18 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
People are all for more guns until black people start buying guns.
Just when you think the bar has been set on ridiculous.

Quote:
Let's 10,000 black people all buy guns one day, and watch laws change.
We get this.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:28 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I was just looking at beach houses on-line and saw several that blocked anyone under 25. Guess they got tired of having spring breakers and other party groups tear up the place.

Rental car companies also have age restrictions.

The condos that just opened up near me are for people over 50.

We all know why the bar has that restriction. Young blood, drinks, tempers....lead to stabbings, shootings or beatings....and cost your business it's liquor license.
I worked for a government housing complex that only rented to people over 55 or the handicapped. One of the local apt buildings only rents to singles. Too many domestic violence calls when he rented to couples. It is all legal and makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies