Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 05:57 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
Lol Nazi Bannon. I wouldn't mind Bannon running in 2024
He might as well run in 2020, the spot will be available.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:16 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,251 times
What is likely to harm Trump is the uselessness of the GOP Congress and his inability to stand up to it.

For instance, if he can't get them to repeal Obamacare, why doesn't he just say "Fine, I'm vetoing all bills that fund Obamacare."? Same thing for sanctuary cities. If he can't get them to stop harboring illegals and Congress to do much about it, he can always veto bills that fund those areas. Heck, while he's at it, maybe he should veto bills that fund all these tyrannical judges who clearly think the Constitution is just a suggestion and don't believe in separation of powers?

Trump's Agenda / Status

Build Wall No Wall
Appoint Conservatives to bench Did well with Gorsuch
Repeal Obamacare It's still here
Lock Her Up She's still free
Stop H1B visa abuse Still going on
Repeal Common Core Still here
End Paris Climate Agreement He's still thinking on that one
Stop EPA Is doing well in some areas on that
Tax Plan They suck, at least the ones Congress has
Deal with Iran Still waiting on that
Drain the swamp If only he'd stop appointing swamp creatures to his staff
End Transgender edict in schools So far he has, though some putz judge may strike it
down still

End DACA Seems willing to let Congress pass it

On policy, he and his party are doing terrible.

On the other hand, on motivation and daring, he's doing great:

1.) Called out NFL
2.) Called out media
3.) Called out Hollywood
4.) Called out the Establishment in DC
5.) Called out open borders and the harm it does
6.) Called out North Korea (something neither Obama or Dubya really did)
7.) Called out some big shot CEOs
8.) Spoke in defense of our military and police

It would depend on whether his policy shortcomings will outweigh his strong motivational actions or not in 2020.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
His policy isn't happening and continues to divide us. His words continue to divide us. I'm calling it, in 2021, he is not going to be president past January.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:56 PM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
The country is so divided that no way in hell anyone gets 400.

The Democratic party would have to run a communist transgender Black panther for that to happen.
Maxine Waters, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren or Hillary Clinton redux would do just fine in that regard.

I remember April and May 1972 very well. I was a 15 year old high school student. Me, my fellow students and many adults who should have known better thought that Nixon was a degenerate sleaze who could be beaten by someone selected from the Manhattan Yellow Pages. I will plead guilty; I was on Students for McGovern. I was in a section of the marching band that played at a campaign rally in the pouring rain that October.

McGovern was the party's choice. 49 states of the country decided differently; only Massachusetts and the District of Columbia agreed with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies