Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would it take for Trump's base to abandon him
Shoot someone on 5th avenue 3 2.01%
Impeachment followed by prison sentence 8 5.37%
Repeatedly blame White and Christians for societal problems 20 13.42%
Nothing will make his base abandon him 118 79.19%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 07:35 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times

Advertisements

Trump's a billionaire, Hillary was dead broke as a 55 year old woman after her husband was an 8 year President. I vote for success.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:37 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump's a billionaire, Hillary was dead broke as a 55 year old woman after her husband was an 8 year President. I vote for success.
Prove he's a billionaire. And being a business person has no bearing on being successful as a President. As we've seen, business people are the absolute worst imaginable at running countries.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:51 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Is there anything he could say or do that would cause him to lose support? Is he Teflon Don?

Trump said that he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and his base would still support him.

I think if he would repeatedly blamed White people and Christians for societal problems (such as bring up the bringing up slavery, Jim Crow laws, and racism against Blacks) his numbers would drop.

Thoughts?
Most people that support Trump aren't in for all the hype coming from the left. We are focused on the issues, and Trump is doing above average on keeping his promises despite all the opposition from the globalists.

Obviously, it is unlikely he would shoot someone on 5th avenue or elsewhere unless in self-defense. I suspect his body guards would be defending him.

He isn't going to blame any set of Americans for societal problems, so that isn't realistic.

Impeachment is only a wet dream of the left.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:58 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I thought you hated political correctness? You think it helps your cause that the reason you voted for Trump was to prove how absolutely vile right-wingers really are?

All you've done is prove liberals right.
Please try to define the term "right-winger", beyond "anyone who fails to meet your standards of Political Correctness".

And please try not to resort to the generalized stereotypes spewed in Posts #150 and #156.

We're prepared to wait a long time for your response, if you have the logic and consistency to provide one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Sounds like that expression hits close to home.

Also, your attempt at making a parallel between a moron in a MAGA hat and poor blacks is pathetic at best. Try again.
And thank you, Exhibt 'A', for another example of the stereotyping and hatred in your rapidly-shrinking little fiefdom.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-12-2017 at 08:32 AM..

Old 11-12-2017, 08:00 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
why do we need to abandon him? He doing a good job

Old 11-12-2017, 08:14 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
I saw some old coot wearing a MAGA hat at the grocery store. I barely stifled my laughter at his ridiculousness. Who would wear their stupidity on full display like that? ...Especially here in a Northern VA.
Old coot? Is that anything like using the "N" word, except directed toward another "category" of person you have deemed to be beneath you and worthy of your hatred, scorn, and ridicule? Historically you are in good company--I'm sure at one time someone kind of like you would have laughed and pointed a finger when he/she saw a black person in the store wearing hand-me-downs (i.e. wearing his/her stupidity on full display).

It's interesting how the hate and belittlement of others shifts around over the years. It shifts, but it is always there inside of you guys. These days the hatred is directed at older people, generally of Caucasian ethnicity and male ("old coots" as you so gracefully and succinctly put it). Ironically, that hatred, in whichever direction it happens to be going at any given time, primarily comes from folks like you on the left who preach about inclusiveness and diversity the loudest, and decry prejudice. As usual, here we have another glimmering example of the hypocrisy the left waves over its head like a diseased, pus-drenched black flag.

I'm surprised you didn't assault the "old coot" and let him know that he is not free to disagree with you. So I guess to your credit, you have at least that much humanity left. Perhaps it takes a certain size of mob before the Lynching Instinct kicks in.

Three cheers for Northern VA, a place where "old coots" are today's Subhuman Class, always to be laughed at, scorned, and spit upon. Especially if they wear a tee shirt or hat you disagree with.

Suggestion: try to convince yourself that the "old coot" is a botanist professor teaching at a large liberal university and simply has a special place in his heart for the Thespesia grandiflora tree. And that he was saddened because of the recent tragedy in Puerto Rico. He was simply trying to remind you of the island's national flower, thus the hard times Puerto Rico is going through. Oh, and he voted for Hillary. There. All better now? And you called him an old coot. Naughty boy, you.

Last edited by ChrisC; 11-12-2017 at 08:28 AM..

Old 11-12-2017, 08:17 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Old coot? Is that anything like using the "N" word, except directed toward another "category" of person you have deemed to be beneath you and worthy of your hatred, scorn, and ridicule? Historically you are in good company--I'm sure at one time someone kind of like you would have laughed and pointed a finger when he/she saw a black person in the store wearing hand-me-downs (i.e. wearing his/her stupidity of full display).

It's interesting how the hate and belittlement of others shifts around over the years. It shifts, but it is always there inside of you guys. These days the hatred is directed at older people, generally of Caucasian ethnicity and male ("old coots" as you so gracefully succinctly put it). Ironically, that hatred, in whichever direction it happens to be going at any given time, primarily comes from folks like you on the left who preach about inclusiveness and diversity the loudest, and decry prejudice as though it were one of your cornerstone tenets. Obviously it is not. As usual, here we have another glimmering example of the hypocrisy the left waves over its head like a diseased, pus-drenched black flag.

I'm surprised you didn't assault the "old coot" and let him know that he is not free to disagree with you. So I guess to your credit, you have at least that much humanity left. Perhaps it takes a certain size of mob before the Lynching Instinct kicks in.

Three cheers for Northern VA, a place where "old coots" are today's Subhuman Class, always to be laughed at, scorned, and spit upon. Especially if they wear a tee shirt or hat you disagree with.

Also, your attempt at making a parallel between a moron in a MAGA hat and poor blacks is pathetic at best. Try again.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:25 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I thought you hated political correctness? You think it helps your cause that the reason you voted for Trump was to prove how absolutely vile right-wingers really are?

All you've done is prove liberals right.

Oh I do hate political correctness.

What you and Nola and slats in particular have an issue with is equating every single Trump supporter for neonazis, klansmen, etc that just isn't so, that's a false equivalency...

Hope all you want, for myself and others to be the boogey men you paint us to be. It's quite amusing actually. But I won't stop you or Nola or slats from assuming.

Just like
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Sorry, but Dems, or really any normal, educated people, aren't going to be white supremacists or gun nuts.
I lived in that 2nd bastion of liberal progressive values state of NY. Obtained a college degree there. If you as well as NOLA are under the impression that only dems/libs are educated or firearms enthusiasts... LOL.

There's a couple postsrs here who claim to be liberals who are firearms enthusiasts. Does that make them vile right wingers?
And while we are on the subject of education...

Let's not forget who keeps calling an AR15 an assault rifle when assault rifle is clearly defined as
Quote:
short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges. It must be capable of selective fire.
last I checked AR15s are semi automatic...
Funny thing how there's been a manipulation of the phrase "assault rifle" just like manipulation of the word racist.

Just what exactly makes a Trump supporter vile? Or is it your feeble opinion? Please enlighten me as to what makes me vile or un-educated in your opinion.

Is it because I never supported the ACA? And that I want it eradicated?
Is it because I don't judge others by their skin tone or religious beliefs? I mean the assumption is, we are KKK Neonazis and white supremacists right?

How many neonazis klansmen and white supremacists do you know who have Black friends? Hispanic friends? Middle Eastern friends? Asian friends?

I mean if that were true, that I was in fact a racist/white supremacist, that would mean I'm not supposed to be dating a Hispanic chick right? oh my. So much for the whole white supremacy thing, as white supremacists only believe in dating fellow whites right?

But please do go on with your assumptions and ignorance. It's very amusing.
Quote:
You keep voting for the KKK candidates and NRA terrorists, and the rest of us will work to get these scum out of office.
Now this will be entertaining to hear. I didn't vote democrat once in my life. So I haven't voted for KKK candidates like Robert Byrd. Now as far as the NRA is concerned, please do enlighten me as to how the NRA is a terrorist organisation.
I'll go ready a bag of popcorn.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
And of course, this sort of marginalization is okay with you, right? It's only certain kinds of hatred that trigger you.

Quote:
I call it the way I see it. Marginalization is marginalization. It doesn't cease to become marginalization because it happens to align with your inner beliefs. It doesn't matter if it is an "old coot," a "poor black" (I won't use the historical term), a "w******" Mexican, a "split-tail," a "dunce," or any of the thousands of other examples of derogatory terminology. None of them are any less offensive for anyone who truly despises prejudice and categorization.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but Dems, or really any normal, educated people...
If the condemnation of categorical hatred all the while hating anyone who disagrees with you is "education"... then no thanks. I'll pass on that education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies