Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 11:55 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Apparently Fox viewers are mad that he told them the truth. It's burning like a vampire in sunlight.
Fox viewers regularly work themselves into unhinged rages over Shep Smith because they hate hearing the truth, and he's just about the only person left at Fox who has an ounce of integrity and will actually report factual information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 11:57 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Shep is awesome. I actually flip over to Fox when he is on. It takes a lot of courage to do what he does on that network.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:07 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And the Fox viewers are mad. They don't like the truth.
I heard that too. I read some of their tweets...they want him outta there!

Old 11-15-2017, 12:13 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Shep's days at Faux news may be numbered....he's too honest for that sleazebag outfit.
I agree. He's undercutting all the conspiracy theory nuts that dominate Fox. Can't imagine they're going to get on board with that. Shep is probably done there soon. Probably end up at MSNBC since that's where the semi-decent people from Fox usually go.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:13 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It is convoluted and confusing and no one on the left or the right is being honest about it. People are content to try to score cheap political points when in reality this whole deal stinks. Why the hell did an American president approve the sale of a uranium producing company to Russia?

Worse, there ARE exports going on. The Obama administration DID approve shipments of uranium to Europe.

From The Hill - "Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill show that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium — the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons — from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show."

Uranium One deal led to some exports to Europe, memos show | TheHill
Yellowcake is not a 'raw material' it is a result of refining. From what I can find, Uranium One is a mining company only. Therefore Obama did not ship yellowcake to anyone.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:17 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Also keep in mind, the type of uranium involved in this deal is used for power. It's not weapons-grade uranium and is not used for nuclear weapons.

People see uranium and think this deal involved giving Russia nuclear weapons. That's just plain false.
Lol, Uranium is uranium.

Its how its enriched that makes it weapons grade. Different counties buy uranium ore/deposits (which is being sold by uranium one). Different countries enrich it themselves depending what they are using it for. Enrichment process for reactor-grade uranium is 3-4% u-235 while weapons grade requires 90% enrichment. To say the uranium being sold isnt weapons grade is plain false, and quite funny. Its amazing how people can post knowing very little other than what is being said on the news.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:19 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It is convoluted and confusing and no one on the left or the right is being honest about it. People are content to try to score cheap political points when in reality this whole deal stinks. Why the hell did an American president approve the sale of a uranium producing company to Russia?

Worse, there ARE exports going on. The Obama administration DID approve shipments of uranium to Europe.

From The Hill - "Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill show that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium — the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons — from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show."

Uranium One deal led to some exports to Europe, memos show | TheHill
There were no uranium export licenses issued to the russian controlled mines, if they found some kind of loophole to export that uranium to europe then thats not russia, and if thats a problem close the loophole, either way its a separate issue, the deal did not include export licenses thats an immutable fact.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:58 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Yellowcake is not a 'raw material' it is a result of refining. From what I can find, Uranium One is a mining company only. Therefore Obama did not ship yellowcake to anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
There were no uranium export licenses issued to the russian controlled mines, if they found some kind of loophole to export that uranium to europe then thats not russia, and if thats a problem close the loophole, either way its a separate issue, the deal did not include export licenses thats an immutable fact.
I suggest you both write The Hill that you disagree with them

Old 11-15-2017, 01:14 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
BEN SHAPIRO TOTALLY DISMANTLES SHEP SMITHS SHREDDING OF THE URANIUM ONE SCANDAL

Or something to that effect. I figure if we are playing the TOTAL PWNAGE game I might as well get in my headline with exaggerated adjectives in as well.

WATCH: Shep Smith 'Destroys' The Uranium One Scandal. Except There's More To The Story. | Daily Wire

Old 11-15-2017, 01:58 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
So we should take over industries that have a strategic value to the US? When do we nationalize oil???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies