Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 02:28 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,125,068 times

Advertisements

If so, why? If not, why not? What is the difference to you from Trump admitting grabbing women's privates and Moore refuting the abuse allegations against him?

Why should Moore leave and Trump be allowed to stay? After all, they are just allegations, right?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 03:05 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,109,741 times
If there is actual evidence that Moore violated the law, then yes, he should step down.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:05 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times
Yep

Old 11-15-2017, 03:10 PM

18,468 posts, read 7,105,093 times
I don't know.

The allegations against him supposedly happened 30+ years ago.

Besides the fact that the timing seems more than a little suspicious...

Is there no moral statute of limitations here?

I mean Clinton supporters couldn't give a wet slap about allegations against Bill that were nowhere near that long ago...

Old 11-15-2017, 03:12 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,237,192 times
He should stay. We need MAGA in the senate, not another Democrat or establishment Republican.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:34 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,473,682 times
I am not a Trump supporter by any means so I guess my opinion doesn't count here on this thread, but I hope he stays in the race. Especially if Mitch McConnell wants him out.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
If there is actual evidence that Moore violated the law, then yes, he should step down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I don't know.

The allegations against him supposedly happened 30+ years ago.

Besides the fact that the timing seems more than a little suspicious...

Is there no moral statute of limitations here?

I mean Clinton supporters couldn't give a wet slap about allegations against Bill that were nowhere near that long ago...
i agree, right now they are just allegations, that have suspect timing. moore has been running for public office for 40 years, and these allegations are just surfacing now? also note that all of the allegations are about events 40 years old, and NOTHING newer than that. sorry but predators do not change overnight, in fact they dont change for years, thus where are the allegations of misconduct from 20 years ago? 10 years or 5 years ago? there are NONE. why is that?

is it possible that these girls did date moore when they were younger, and expected something more from him than he was willing to give? did a 19 year old girl really think that a 30 year old gu was going to marry them and live out a long life? are they now trying to ruin moore because they didnt get what THEY wanted 40 years ago?

and why do we automatically believe the women just because they put forth an allegation, especially ones with no evidence? how many men have been ruined due to false allegations made by women over the decades? how many rape convictions for instance were false convictions?

if these allegations are in fact true, then moore can always be bounced from the senate after due process has run its course. until then however a man is innocent until proven guilty.

i am betting that these allegations go away after the election win or lose. the allegations against trump did, the democrats went on to other things to try and destroy trump. the same thing will happen with moore as well.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:01 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,983,399 times
I voted for Trump. Not what you would consider a fan though. I am not a fan of Moore’s political views on many issues so I may be biased. I think Moore needs to step down. If he is innocent it’s a shame but it’s the world we live in. I do agree that there has been no accusations from anyone recently as in the last say 15 years. Maybe he was as accused 40 years ago and changed?! I have no idea. But the water has been muddied. Time to step down.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I voted for Trump. Not what you would consider a fan though. I am not a fan of Moore’s political views on many issues so I may be biased. I think Moore needs to step down. If he is innocent it’s a shame but it’s the world we live in. I do agree that there has been no accusations from anyone recently as in the last say 15 years. Maybe he was as accused 40 years ago and changed?! I have no idea. But the water has been muddied. Time to step down.
so in your case he is guilty until proven innocent? sorry but i need real evidence to convict someone, even in the court of public opinion. for instance, one of the women said moore bought her wine at dinner, while they were in a DRY county. so the women lied. what else did she lie about? and at the time she was 18, and the drinking age was 19 in alabama, so again the restaurant would not have served her anyway.

we cannot become a country where we only ever believe the accuser without evidence. when clinton s women came forward, they brought evidence with them about what happened, when trumps accusers came forward, trump admitted to doing thing that were suspect, when weisteins accusers came forward, there was plenty of evidence against him. so where is the evidence against moore?

Old 11-15-2017, 04:21 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,819 times
this is already a comical post lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies