Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 08:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Look around you, fine job you're doing. But, Jesus will bring the remedy.
Take a Wild Guess who fits the description of the Anti-Christ, ends times and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 09:54 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
The Bible does indeed state that real Christians will be greatly persecuted in the final days, which we are living in. The radical muslims with their false religion have done a lot to turn the world against religion. Also, secular humanism has done a lot to allow man to live according to his fleshly desires, thereby causing great chaos in the world. Meanwhile, the man of sin, known as the antichrist, will soon take power on the world stage and the world will love and worship him. Because of all the chaos, people are looking for answers and he will be the one they look to. Eventually, this man will demand allegiance from the world. At first, a person must take the mark (666) or no commerce, i.e., buying, selling, banking, employment, etc... After a while, it will be take the mark or die. You're better off not taking that mark and dying at the hands of today's godless monsters than to be damned in hell forever.
We've been in the "final days" now for over 2,000 years. What's up with that?

Real Christians aren't being persecuted. Only the pseudo Christians who hate gays and wish to legislate their beliefs on everyone else are being persecuted, as they should be.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:54 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You have no understanding of the Scriptures. The key to understanding is the word "Convergence". Jesus said that when you see ALL THESE THINGS coming to pass, then know that it's at the door. An astute observer clearly sees everything that Jesus spoke of coming to pass nowadays; they are converging. No other generation can make that claim, as there was no state of Israel until 1948, no worldwide extreme weather, no widespread decadence, no widespread sexual immorality, no homosexuality in the open, no widespread perversions, no explosion of technology as prophesied by Daniel in the Bible and so forth. This generation will see the second coming of Jesus with great power and fierceness to trample down an ungodly depraved world. The Lamb of God will become a Lion to devour the ungodly. That's the soon coming future.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:36 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:

Jesus is late he's never on time.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:55 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
You have no understanding of the Scriptures. The key to understanding is the word "Convergence". Jesus said that when you see ALL THESE THINGS coming to pass, then know that it's at the door. An astute observer clearly sees everything that Jesus spoke of coming to pass nowadays; they are converging. No other generation can make that claim, as there was no state of Israel until 1948, no worldwide extreme weather, no widespread decadence, no widespread sexual immorality, no homosexuality in the open, no widespread perversions, no explosion of technology as prophesied by Daniel in the Bible and so forth. This generation will see the second coming of Jesus with great power and fierceness to trample down an ungodly depraved world. The Lamb of God will become a Lion to devour the ungodly. That's the soon coming future.
So when people of differing faiths and lifestyles than yours attain rights equal to everyone else this god of yours is going to come down and wipe out the world? That's a pretty f'ed up god you have there. Make yourself a slave to a deity or suffer its wrath? Why would anyone want to live like that? And you wonder why people are dropping your religion in droves these days.

In reality though I have no doubt that this apocalypse of yours isn't going to happen. It's nothing more than a religious fantasy. It's no different than any other apocalyptic event foretold by any number of other religions at any given time period throughout our history.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
You have no understanding of the Scriptures.
I understand they're the disjointed ramblings of semiliterate nomads in the middle east thousands of years ago. Some revised by Greeks a few centuries later and still nearly 2000 years ago. And that there isn't one single thing in the bible that is "advanced" beyond what those primitive cultures could conjure up at the time.

Now, perhaps you understand.

Quote:
The key to understanding is the word "Convergence". Jesus said that when you see ALL THESE THINGS coming to pass, then know that it's at the door. An astute observer clearly sees everything that Jesus spoke of coming to pass nowadays; they are converging. No other generation can make that claim, as there was no state of Israel until 1948, no worldwide extreme weather, no widespread decadence, no widespread sexual immorality, no homosexuality in the open, no widespread perversions, no explosion of technology as prophesied by Daniel in the Bible and so forth. This generation will see the second coming of Jesus with great power and fierceness to trample down an ungodly depraved world. The Lamb of God will become a Lion to devour the ungodly. That's the soon coming future.
Very scary.

Carry on.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:

Real Christians aren't being persecuted
. Only the pseudo Christians who hate gays and wish to legislate their beliefs on everyone else are being persecuted, as they should be.
Can I get an AMEN!

Old 11-19-2017, 09:11 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'd like to know how you define "anti-Christian". If it's used to mean that the Christian perspective is no longer the default position, you're right. A lot of Christians seem to feel that equals prosecution. But - why should it be?

In the sense that Christians are being persecuted merely for being Christian and otherwise minding their own business, I'm not seeing it.
I don't think you are a fair poster.

You cannot quote just one paragraph and ignore the rest of my post.

I think you just want to paint me as somebody I am definitely not.

This is my entire post

I am a Christian.

In my opinion, Many people give their reasons for disliking Christianity and the majority of these criticisms centre on the behaviour of the adherents with whom they have had contact, or historical examples of bad behaviour. For a Christian being told that you fall short of perfection isn’t big news. When people get particularly upset it’s usually a sign they’ve had bad experiences with religion.

Anti-Christian sentiment does seem to be increasing in society for several reasons. The loss of philosophical reasoning, the rise of sola scientia, the ravages of post-modernism, lay the blame where you will.

However, all these being said, Anti-Christian rhetoric, if it shines a light on valid criticisms and concerns, is welcome, possibly even vital.

I don't believe Christians will be rounded up though.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:45 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I understand they're the disjointed ramblings of semiliterate nomads in the middle east thousands of years ago. Some revised by Greeks a few centuries later and still nearly 2000 years ago. And that there isn't one single thing in the bible that is "advanced" beyond what those primitive cultures could conjure up at the time.

Now, perhaps you understand.
Oh sure, people are so civilized today; they think they came from monkeys; men think they are women; women think they are men. So advanced.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Oh sure, people are so civilized today; they think they came from monkeys;
No they don't. Maybe you think that because you flunked 10th grade science, though.

Quote:
men think they are women; women think they are men.
Maybe where you are.
Quote:
So advanced.
Just think of it all as "god's will."

Your book claims he's all-powerful, all-knowing and everywhere all at once. Nothing escapes his notice. He always knows where your hands are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies