Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 06:35 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

It's a start!

Denison woman who made up kidnapping, rape indicted

Quote:
The charges come after an investigation in March of 2017 after Harmon reported to Denison police that she had been abducted and sexually assaulted by three black men.

Harmon faces up to 32 years in prison if convicted on all counts.
These women that make up false rape claims can falsely put men in prison for decades. It's past time these women started getting the same sentence the victims could have been sentenced to. Hope she gets the book thrown at her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 08:45 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
I agree that people need to be prosecuted for making false criminal charges, including false rape claims.

But knowing that some people do make false charges (BTW, men have been known to make false rape charges) hardly means that all such charges are false.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:50 AM

993 posts, read 767,151 times
She absolutely should serve time for these false charges. By claiming falsely that she was raped, she has made it harder for women (and men) who have truly been raped and assaulted to be believed.

As someone who has worked with the victims of violent crimes, this infuriates me.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:24 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
I think a woman that makes a false rape charge should serve as much time that would have been given to the person she accused.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:27 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I agree that people need to be prosecuted for making false criminal charges, including false rape claims.

But knowing that some people do make false charges (BTW, men have been known to make false rape charges) hardly means that all such charges are false.

No, but false charges should be severely punished. They should receive the same time as the accused rapist would have been sentenced.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:47 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I think a woman that makes a false rape charge should serve as much time that would have been given to the person she accused.

Men falsely convicted of rape (and there are plenty of them in prison right now) are targeted for violence in prison simply because of the nature of their conviction.

Women that do this know what could possibly happen to their victims in prison and they go through with it anyway.

And since women typically make up false rape allegations to cover up something they were doing or to get revenge on a man, I just wouldn't be that lenient.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:50 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

That is why the "Presumption of INNOCENCE" is critical!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies