Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 09:49 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
people got mad when the VP said he will not dine alone with a woman without his wife. People really got ****. but he looking pretty good right now
It only makes him look like he could be tempted by other women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 12:32 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Background noise for the really big stuff coming up. Get your pitchforks and torches ready, folks.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:48 AM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
While not as common, women also can be aggressive and behave in similar fashion. All this feels like flavor of the month to me. "Why oh why" did we pick now to begin the inquisition?
Well it started because of Trump....but fortunately, unlike BLM has now burst out across party lines from what started as a political attack.

Basically, it's like one perv decides to set the other pervs field on fire so when the firemen show up they find out the guys a creep. In this case, the fire has gotten out of control and so now all kinds of pervs are getting caught.

Ironically, this SHOULD have started 20 years ago but the US political climate was different then and Gloria Steinem and others let women down solely over fear of R vs. Wade at the time.

It was an ugly exchange.

These days, abortion is the rule of the land and younger women are making their voices heard and are not going to give someone a pass if they happen to molest them regardless of political party.

Therefore, THANKFULLY, women are coming forward regardless of politics which is a big reason Harvey Weinstein got away with it for DECADES even after Seth McFarlen called him out 6 years ago at the Oscars about it.

Let that sink in. Most of Hollywood is lying. Some are being honest that they knew what went on but so many others with their "I didn't know" schtick will go down in history as being part of the problem. Especially some that kept quiet after they'd become huge stars....like Meryl Streep for example.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:26 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
While not as common, women also can be aggressive and behave in similar fashion. All this feels like flavor of the month to me. "Why oh why" did we pick now to begin the inquisition?

That is an outstanding question Squidlo!

Old 11-22-2017, 05:31 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You envision an asexual, dystopian near future yet claim this will strengthen relationships? Bizarre.

The outer party strikes again!

Old 11-23-2017, 01:40 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well it started because of Trump....but fortunately, unlike BLM has now burst out across party lines from what started as a political attack.

Basically, it's like one perv decides to set the other pervs field on fire so when the firemen show up they find out the guys a creep. In this case, the fire has gotten out of control and so now all kinds of pervs are getting caught.

Ironically, this SHOULD have started 20 years ago but the US political climate was different then and Gloria Steinem and others let women down solely over fear of R vs. Wade at the time.

It was an ugly exchange.

These days, abortion is the rule of the land and younger women are making their voices heard and are not going to give someone a pass if they happen to molest them regardless of political party.

Therefore, THANKFULLY, women are coming forward regardless of politics which is a big reason Harvey Weinstein got away with it for DECADES even after Seth McFarlen called him out 6 years ago at the Oscars about it.

Let that sink in. Most of Hollywood is lying. Some are being honest that they knew what went on but so many others with their "I didn't know" schtick will go down in history as being part of the problem. Especially some that kept quiet after they'd become huge stars....like Meryl Streep for example.
It's not just Hollywood.

Remember how many people knew about Jerry Sandusky but kept their mouths shut?......and let's not forget the Catholic Church.

This is hardly just a Hollywood problem, it is society's problem and you can find it in all walks of life.

Last edited by Annie53; 11-23-2017 at 02:19 AM..

Old 11-23-2017, 01:51 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm had males parts which worked for over 50 years and never forced myself on a woman at work. In other (social) situations I may have tried hard.....but never violently and never ending up against the will of the woman in question.

And yet my life doesn't feel empty. If I can do it, I'll bet other gentlemen can.

But power and money corrupt. I won't deny that. I once was in a semi-famous position and a "groupie" definitely wanted to "conquer" me. We had a great time but never so much as a kiss. It was hard to do...I'll admit that. If I was in a position where that stuff happened regularly, I think it would be impossible. But it wouldn't be me making it happen - it would be the women, which I guess makes it consensual.
I always assumed you were a woman. Who knew?

Old 11-23-2017, 02:52 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Men have been guilty of wrong headed thinking for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWkVa-_sd24

Old 11-23-2017, 02:10 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It only makes him look like he could be tempted by other women.
Spoken like a true leftist propagandist.

There aren't even any allegations, but you'll smear and besmerch anyway.

All the while ignoring the great Bill Clinton, who was proven to be tempted by other women.

Shame.......

CN

Old 11-23-2017, 02:51 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,607 times
Ooh, we're all scared. The backlash to this will be sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies