Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 07:56 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,960,872 times

Advertisements

No surprise in my mind but that "middle class tax cut" that Trump speaks about, is really a upper class tax cut that raises taxes on a large portion of the middle class.

From Greg Sargent:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 07:59 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times
OMG!

I fell asleep and lost 10 years!

Old 11-23-2017, 08:10 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
No surprise in my mind but that "middle class tax cut" that Trump speaks about, is really a upper class tax cut that raises taxes on a large portion of the middle class.

From Greg Sargent:
Trumpites will not care until it happens, at which point they can blame it on whoever is in the White House at the time.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:12 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,642,890 times
Quote:

From Greg Sargent:

Gary cohn can be heard here lying his head and claiming Trickle down will be great.
in the bit about repatriation tax break, Gary accidentally admits that the extra money corps get will go to dividends and stock buybacks.

I can't stress this enough. Gary is openly admitting that Corporations will NOT use additional profits to hike wages, reinvest etc. Gary Cohn repeatedly forgets about the cameras and lets the truth slip.
why the Left leaning media is not playing this 24/7 i just don't understand.
Quote:

GARY COHN on corps getting a massive tax cut on repatriated profits......

We get another 20 percent tax on the money that they issued in dividends or they issue in taxes. So, we get a repatriation tax, we get a dividend or capital gains tax. But people to get those dividends, or they get those capital gains, they're probably investors. What are they going to do? They're going to go reinvest that money back in the market.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/09/gary...of-the-us.html

worth stating Gary Cohn is one of the 3 ex Goldman Sachs employees who drafted this tax plan...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/09/gary...nt-people.html

Old 11-23-2017, 12:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,325,486 times
Quote:

From Greg Sargent:
Who the hell it Greg Sargent?

https://nypost.com/2017/11/16/a-big-...fact-twisting/

Old 11-23-2017, 12:25 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/peopl...=.eb725ccc6b3f

looks like a Washington Post writer that is there to peddle anything anti-Trump.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:31 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,950,029 times
How incredibly disingenuous, of course taxes will be different in 2027... the Senate's cuts will have expired on Dec 31, 2025.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:36 PM

4,584 posts, read 3,412,463 times
Quote:

From Greg Sargent:
And my middle class burden will drop by 16% under the house plan, so why would I be against it just to thwart the benefits to the rich.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:41 PM

1,548 posts, read 914,327 times
Default Senate Tax Plan Overwhelmingly Favors Wealthy

Sound good to me.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:50 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,507,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
And my middle class burden will drop by 16% under the house plan, so why would I be against it just to thwart the benefits to the rich.
Because this cut won't last for at a large percentage of the taxpayers after five years, and 25% may even be paying more; because the deficit will blow up which will give Congress the excuse to say we "can't afford" entitlements and the attacks on SS and Medicare will escalate; because the deficit and rising interest rates will lead to a recession or worse, because, because, because.

Do you not remember Bush's unfunded tax cut and unfunded war?

Do you not remember 2008 and the horrible period thereafter? Or did you go through that time unscathed?

Unless you are CERTAIN you will be self-sustaining when you retire, can weather any near-term calamities which will surely happen because of this financial irresponsibility, unless you are certain you will be able to afford $25K/year per person or more in health insurance premiums when you retire, and you are sure that your retirement and pension benefits will take care of all your needs, you should be against this.

And, even if you are that fortunate, you should be against this because, in the long run, 75% of the people in this country will be negatively affected - and the wealth disparity will become even more obscene than it already is.

If you care about this country (just not yourself) - you should be against this.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 11-23-2017 at 01:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies