Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 06:21 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times

Advertisements

interesting development:

"Nov. 23 (UPI) -- Michael Flynn's lawyer no longer are discussing the special counsel's investigation with President Donald Trump's legal team, possibly signaling the former White House aide is working with prosecutors, according to reports."

https://www.upi.com/https:/www.upi.c...1311511478977/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 06:36 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
interesting development:

"Nov. 23 (UPI) -- Michael Flynn's lawyer no longer are discussing the special counsel's investigation with President Donald Trump's legal team, possibly signaling the former White House aide is working with prosecutors, according to reports."

https://www.upi.com/https:/www.upi.c...1311511478977/
An important development here. Knowing Flynn is likely cooperating with Mueller should have Trump peeing his pants. Cmon Donny boy, go ahead and fire Mueller, you know you want to!

Old 11-23-2017, 08:07 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
An important development here. Knowing Flynn is likely cooperating with Mueller should have Trump peeing his pants. Cmon Donny boy, go ahead and fire Mueller, you know you want to!
This could go a couple of ways:

Trump will drop his support of Flynn will be the object of a twitter storm. Not very likely at this point since there is some reason Trump was pushing Coats and Rogers (and Comey himself) to ask Comey to stop the Flynn investigation. Trump may not want to poke the bear (pun intended).

Trump will continue his support of Flynn, hoping Flynn will stay loyal and keep whatever secrets he has from Muller. This may fall apart since without the prospect of Trump paying for Flynn's legal defense costs, Flynn will need to reduce the legal consequences he and his son are facing somehow, and cutting a deal with and a deal with Muller may be his only option.

Muller squeezes Flynn and he either does or does not have something on Trump to give up.
If Flynn has no info, Muller moves on.
But most likely there something Flynn knows since, again, Trump was asking Comey to "let this Flynn thing go", "Flynn is a good guy" who just happen to lie about a good many things that compromised him and that affected the national security of the United States.

There are not many options where this works out well for Trump.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post

Trump will drop his support of Flynn will be the object of a twitter storm. Not very likely at this point since there is some reason Trump was pushing Coats and Rogers (and Comey himself) to ask Comey to stop the Flynn investigation. Trump may not want to poke the bear (pun intended).

Trump will continue his support of Flynn, hoping Flynn will stay loyal and keep whatever secrets he has from Muller. This may fall apart since without the prospect of Trump paying for Flynn's legal defense costs, Flynn will need to reduce the legal consequences he and his son are facing somehow, and cutting a deal with and a deal with Muller may be his only option.

Muller squeezes Flynn and he either does or does not have something on Trump to give up.
If Flynn has no info, Muller moves on.
But most likely there something Flynn knows since, again, Trump was asking Comey to "let this Flynn thing go", "Flynn is a good guy" who just happen to lie about a good many things that compromised him and that affected the national security of the United States.

There are not many options where this works out well for Trump.
Remember, there is no honor amongst thieves. Flynn now realizes that his criminal exposure and that of his son tops any loyalty he may want to extend to Trump. In the end, he must protect himself first. As the investigation closes in on Donald, I suspect more folks around him will have that same sort of epiphany.

Old 11-23-2017, 09:07 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
i think that team trump are going to push that flynn wasn't really a big part of the campaign/administration. from jay sekulo: "It's important to remember that Gen. Flynn received his security clearance under the previous administration."

Old 11-23-2017, 09:08 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
*tick* *tick* *tick*

Old 11-23-2017, 09:12 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Remember, there is no honor amongst thieves. Flynn now realizes that his criminal exposure and that of his son tops any loyalty he may want to extend to Trump. In the end, he must protect himself first. As the investigation closes in on Donald, I suspect more folks around him will have that same sort of epiphany.
Yeah, and there may actually be an issue with Trump paying the defense costs for indictees or targets of investigations, which may be the reason the White House announced that they will not be footing the bill for Flynn, which in turn may have precipitated his cutting contact with the Trump defense team. Not a good turn in developments for Trump.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:22 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Not a good turn at all for Trump.

Wonder if we will all be treated to tales of how Flynn was merely a low level volunteer.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:11 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Obviously, and as stated, this could mean that Mr. Flynn is now cooperating with Mr. Mueller, which could mean bad news for those 'above' Flynn (Mr. Trump, Don Jr., Paul Manafort, etc.). After all, Mr. Flynn would not be offered a 'deal' to cooperate in order for Mueller to go after people of a lower level than Flynn.

However, it could be for a less sinister reason: Mr. Flynn's attorneys may no longer trust the attorneys of Mr. Trump (and by extension, Mr. Trump et al). It is common for defense attorneys to share information, nothing wrong with that. But if an attorney suspects that another attorney may use some disclosed information to the disadvantage of the first attorney's client, then one withholds information. I used to think that Mr. Trump was loyal to those around him; I have changed my mind.

I think it is still possible that Mr. Trump is innocent of the Russian-connected activities whirling around him. Indeed, I believe the Trump supporters may want to seriously consider adopting one theory: that Mr. Trump is so naive that people around him, wanting him in office, engaged in conspiracy with the Russians, with Mr. Trump being an innocent stooge.

Of course, one problem with that theory is that one must assume that Don Jr. was in on it. I rather doubt he would go behind his father's back in such a fashion. Indeed, we have that coincidence in which Don Jr. was contacted by Wikileaks via email, concerning how it would be a good idea for Mr. Trump to trumpet the latest wave of releases, with Mr. Trump literally doing that, via Twitter, fifteen minutes after the message to Don Jr.

I have before opined that Mr. Trump would resign from office (I had predicted after two years), explaining that he had done everything he set out to do. I still believe such, although he may want to consider doing so a little bit sooner. Regardless, Mr. Trump has been busy pointing out the many achievements he has done, which I still think is his 'laying the groundwork'.

Resign, have Mr. Pence pardon Mr. Trump and family, then Mr. Trump can return to his prior activities in real estate, which he obviously loved doing.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:14 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
Flynn knows where the bodies are buried. Bad news for Trump that Flynn will now lead the exhumations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies