Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 12:27 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. She had no remorse until there was a backlash. Who knows if it was only once or if it stopped when she says it did.
She wrote that she was doing stuff to her sister when she was an adolescent and her sister was a little girl. She even said she would give her candy for kisses, and masterbated in bed next to her. I’m pretty sure she thought it was a funny story about crazy stuff kids do or say. It wasn’t until the backlash that I even think she thought of it as a negative thing. To her and her sister it didn’t seem that traumatic, so why should it bother anyone else?

But I do have a problem putting it in the same category as an adult and child. I don’t even know if I believe Dunham.

It’s exactly the type of off the wall statement she thinks would make her story more interesting and get more attention. Kind of like claiming she was raped by a prominent student republican when she was in college, down to a description of his clothing. The only problem is that it was a lie.

She was never with the person she made the accusation against. The strange thing about it is that she said she just thought it was an awkward and uncomfortable encounter until she described it to friends later and they pointed out that it was rape. So she didn’t even know it was rape until she was told it was rape? WTH? People think she was actually in that situation, just not with the guy she claimed it was.

Last edited by katygirl68; 11-25-2017 at 12:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 12:55 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Lena Dunham shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the #MeToo movement. Too controversial, too hated and she dug her own grave to get there.

Two of the most well liked/shared tweets currently about Dunham:

"The only person who ever thought Lena Dunham was a feminist icon; was Lena Dunham"

"Lena Dunham is that girl in high school who thinks no one likes her because she's "different" and "people just don't get her humor", but really she is just a narcissistic, pretentious piece of shyte who smells like damp clothes and gentrification"

"Thank you, Lena, for making both conservatives and liberals come together in unity to hate you"

Last edited by motownnative; 11-25-2017 at 01:10 PM..

Old 11-25-2017, 04:45 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Exactly what I was going to say. She had no remorse until there was a backlash. Who knows if it was only once or if it stopped when she says it did.
Not a Lena fan but now you're just making things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Lena Dunham shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the #MeToo movement. Too controversial, too hated and she dug her own grave to get there.

Two of the most well liked/shared tweets currently about Dunham:

"The only person who ever thought Lena Dunham was a feminist icon; was Lena Dunham"

"Lena Dunham is that girl in high school who thinks no one likes her because she's "different" and "people just don't get her humor", but really she is just a narcissistic, pretentious piece of shyte who smells like damp clothes and gentrification"

"Thank you, Lena, for making both conservatives and liberals come together in unity to hate you"
Well, I did like the show girls but I've been over Lena Dunham for a good while. When she made some ridiculous statement about regretting that she never had an abortion or some such. I feel like even the millennials are over Lena.

That said - she was 7 years old when she played doctor with her sister.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Given the exceptionally large amount of powerful men being taken down for sexual assault or harassment, or paedophilia in some cases, I really hope someone revisits Lena Dunham's comments made in her book about clearly molesting her younger sister. Granted Dunham was seven and her sister was one but I don't think her tender age gives her a pass.

I'm not suggesting she be arrested or prosecuted but it should have been career-ending when it was first revealed and time hasn't changed my thoughts on the matter.
ATTENTION ALL PARENTS:

If you catch your children checking out each other's privates, call the police IMMEDIATELY.

Your children need to be formally charged and banned from earning a living for life.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:35 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Not a Lena fan but now you're just making things up.
Making things up would be if I made a declarative statement that it only happened once and never again. All I did was make the statement that who knows if it was once and never again. I don't know if such was the case so I'm not making anything up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, I did like the show girls but I've been over Lena Dunham for a good while. When she made some ridiculous statement about regretting that she never had an abortion or some such. I feel like even the millennials are over Lena.

That said - she was 7 years old when she played doctor with her sister.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:54 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
There is a harassment accusation made by a man against Mariah Carey which received very little coverage in the corporate media, or on social media websites.

Who Is Michael Anello? Mariah Carey Accused of Sexual Harassment By Former Security Guard
Very interesting. Thanks for the link. What's missing from this situation is the power that harassers often have over the victims--this guy is likely to be much more physically powerful than Mariah, so what can she force him to do? On the other hand, her behavior was inappropriate, and I think still falls under sexual harassment. I hadn't heard anything about this one until your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies