Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 05:12 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
We all know she's a fraud but the dems/libs and her supporters are too oblivious to realize it.
No, no we don't. Only partisan Reich wingers think (their version of know) that

Old 11-28-2017, 05:18 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Whether you like it or not, Trump has the first amendment right to say that.
The 1st amendment says the government cannot suppress your right to speak. It says nothing about your mother, your boss or your spouse or having good sense.

Just because one can, does not mean one should.

Donald Trump used an occasion to honor people who played a big part in helping us win in the Pacific to another
all about him moment. It was not right.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:22 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's simply not true, she never used the claim of Native American heritage for any gain, professional or financial.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...r-what/257415/

It's not uncommon for people to think they are part german, or native american or irish only to find out when they have their DNA sequenced that they aren't. A lot of family information is passed on orally and not even written down and is largely anecdotal. Tens of thousands of people claim to be 'scots-irish' because that's what granny said. This is about as significant as ranting about what kind of mustard Obama used.
My daughter did her DNA. I've been doing my family's genealogy for decades through paper records. My Maternal Grandma claimed that her family originally migrated from Spain to Sicily. I never found anyone from Spain. Yes, Italy and Ireland.

My daughter got 31% Italian, 13% Irish (my Dad), 4% Spanish, and trace amounts Middle Eastern. Those countries are from my family, not my husband's. That DNA test proved my Nonna was RIGHT. I am having my DNA test done. Should my DNA show totally different results than my daughter's? I should get higher percentages from those countries.

You cannot base heritage on a person's physical appearance. My daughter cannot claim Italian or Spanish heritage just because she doesn't look it with blue eyes and strawberry blond hair?

I would not give Trump the satisfaction, but Warren could spit in a test kit and settle the question once and for all. Might just find those family stories are actually true. The Donald should let go of this. It is very childish and unsuitable for his position.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Again, track down her family tree or you have nothing!
why, did you miss it a few years ago when she admitted her Native American heritage wasn't much different than most of us who have family that has been in the country for generations.

And let me add, I don't think Trump meant the comment as a racial slur in any way. The comment was probably uncalled for I agree and it was a slur on her, but not a racial one.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:30 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
why, did you miss it a few years ago when she admitted her Native American heritage wasn't much different than most of us who have family that has been in the country for generations.

And let me add, I don't think Trump meant the comment as a racial slur in any way. The comment was probably uncalled for I agree and it was a slur on her, but not a racial one.
But did you miss the part where Harvard said on the record that her ethnic background wasn't even considered in her hiring? (Or do you think that they are lying)

Old 11-28-2017, 05:43 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
https://media.glamour.com/photos/569...jones-main.jpg

Should the woman in ^this picture take a DNA test to prove she is half black?
This is a bit of a non sequitur, but do white people look at Rashida Jones and not to see the black? The first time I saw her I knew she was at least partially black, and that’s before I knew her name.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:45 AM

57,295 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Ahhhhh, NO. Warren purposely lied about her background to use AFFIRMATIVE ACTION to get into prestigious schools, and get high paying jobs, then political advancement. She is a lying, hypocritical embarrassment.
Well maybe you can name one school where she used affirmative action, it should be easy. This is an old tired argument has been going back to her senate race against Scott Brown and it turned out to be unfounded. So I will wait for your response.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:00 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
It was a mean spirited thing for Trump to say, injecting partisan politics into what was supposed to be a moment for the native American veterans. It was stupid. Warren is a loser and she should shut her yap given she's guilty of making up her family's ethnic background for her own gain.
I think Trump's letting power go to his head given he's got Hillary and now John MCcain ready to vanish off the political landscape and who knows who else.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:01 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default ...outraged liberals here, have apoplectic seizures if they see pulp in their orange juice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
The code talkers were marines, doubt they were offended, maybe even enjoyed Trump mimicking the essence of their code talk by referring to Pocahontas, a code word for EW.

Would not be surprised if the code talkers made Trump an honorary code talker.

"Word Association
The Navajo recruits began developing the code by taking words from their language and applying to them to implements of war. For example, the names of different birds were used to stand for different kinds of planes.
The initial code consisted of 211 vocabulary terms, which expanded to 411 over the course of the war."

As for the ceremony being in front of Andrew Jackson portrait, it could not have been more appropriate.
Know the phrase rolling over in his grave?

Jackson known as 'Indian killer' was now forced by Trump to watch as the Indians he murdered, now being honored with the highest order of recognition by the president of the US. Yes, the sound you heard was AJ rolling over in his grave.

Have concerns though, the outraged liberals here, have apoplectic seizures if they see pulp in their orange juice.

I'm sure some liberal somewhere is counting the pulp fragments in one serving size of orange juice to compare to FDA standards while having their lawyer on speed dial.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:10 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
It's not a slur. It's an indian name. For example, calling someone "Chief Running Bull" isn't a slur. Glad to correct it for you snowflakes.
I guess you're right. It's like going to a Mexican restaurant, and constantly addressing your waiter as "Pedro". Hey Pedro, can you bring me some water? Pedro, we're ready for our check. (only the waiter is named Erik, or John, or something...)

You can wiggle out of admitting Trump is a pig by arguing semantics, but whatever you want to label it, it was incredibly disrespectful to the people he was there to honor. It totally overshadowed what the ceremony was supposed to be about. Once again, it was all about Trump. That's bad enough, but it only showed what a pig of a sub-human he is.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies