Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 08:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

I have absolutely no problem with Amazon or Walmart either. It is time we accept the changing world. We are no longer a society that walks into a mall to shop; we shop on line, we go to specialty stores, and yes, big box stores. While jobs may be affected, families are smaller thus there will not be the need for so many jobs in the future. Saying we will be losing jobs is like saying, cars should not have been invented because it made the need for stage coach drivers less or farms should go back to manual labor instead of using machinery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 08:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Walmart became the #1 US private sector employer in the 80's.

Amazon added more than 110,000 jobs between Q1 , 2016 and Q1 2017.

Who knows? One day Amazon may claim the top spot.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:18 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Not only am I sick of what Bezos and his Washington Compost are doing to Roy Moore and Project Veritas, but I'm worried that Amazon is going to become a large evil monopoly that crushes every business in sight like Microsoft and WalMart are doing.

I actually think us shopping Amazon so much is eventually going to kill a lot of jobs and lead to Amazon having a lot of power over the public with fewer jobs and lower wages and little competition.
They said the same thing about the Sears and Roebuck mail order catalogue...

...in 1888.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:41 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,863 times
Quote:
Not only am I sick of what Bezos and his Washington Compost are doing to Roy Moore and Project Veritas, but I'm worried that Amazon is going to become a large evil monopoly that crushes every business in sight like Microsoft and WalMart are doing.

I actually think us shopping Amazon so much is eventually going to kill a lot of jobs and lead to Amazon having a lot of power over the public with fewer jobs and lower wages and little competition.
I LOVE amazon. I can order something today and have it by Thursday and I don't have to deal with rude customer service people, no registers being opened, and being followed around the store like a criminal. I will continue to do my shopping with amazon.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:03 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
OP makes a compelling argument to shop at Amazon.
OP makes a compelling case for stepping away from electronic media for a while and reconnecting with life.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:26 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:

You just want to charge against everything that threatens your ideology.

I bet you shop at Walmart.

If the stores where I shop (and no, I don’t shop at Walmart) don’t have what I need, I will shop at Amazon.

Last edited by EDnurse; 11-28-2017 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 11-28-2017, 12:27 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:

Would you like to change your stance on Project Veritas today?

Old 11-28-2017, 12:34 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times
Quote:

Amazon turns you into a dishonest conniving pedophile?!!! Damn You, Alexa!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies