Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 09:37 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Not one response to what I asked. Specifically, where did he attack veterans, family of Gold Star soldiers, attacked free press? Where did he include his family in the important government functions despite no experience? Where did he collaborate with foreign enemy to win election?

Sorry but the BJs affairs doesnt really compare. But nice try
No need for him to attack the press since they provided friendly cover for Clinton. Remember the Washington Post or New York Times buried the story about Monica Lewinsky for months until Matt Drudge made it public.

But interesting you forgot about Clinton’s illegal campaign contributions from the Chinese, and his wife working on policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 09:45 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I agree with ya. No way to make any predictions at this point.

The biggest scandal he had was Monica and that was only because good family-values Repubicans like Newt and Dennis Hastert decided to politicize an affair.

He was never accused of colluding with Russia, obstruction of justice, improper security (hiring of Mike Flynn anyone) OR spilling secrets to Russia.
No, but he did spill secrets to China, and its documented.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:22 AM

957 posts, read 758,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That's exactly how Bill Clinton was. However, ultimately nothing happened to him either, except he is much richer now than when he was President.

You need to understand that Americans don't care about anything except for the economy and national security. As long as those are looking up, everything is good.

Even if it were proven that Trump colluded with Russia, still nothing will happen and he will not be removed from Office.
And therein lies a major problem. Contrary to your statement, Americans do not care about the economy, they care about "wealth" and and their 401k. As for national security, in that they say it doesn't matter that Russia interfered with our elections, seems they don't care about national security either. A wall along the border isn't going to stop cyber attacks, it just provides something to put graffiti on.

Sadly it seems those in power promote wealth over values. Send our young men and women overseas to protect our wealth while throwing values out the window.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:47 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Is this some preemptive strike before someone accuses him of sexual abuse?
What job is he quitting? Doing YouTube videos?

His career has been in a death spiral since his ESPN days. His next gig will be standing on a corner with a cardboard anti-trump sign screaming at traffic.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 11-30-2017 at 07:02 AM..

Old 11-30-2017, 06:53 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
And therein lies a major problem. Contrary to your statement, Americans do not care about the economy, they care about "wealth" and and their 401k. As for national security, in that they say it doesn't matter that Russia interfered with our elections, seems they don't care about national security either. A wall along the border isn't going to stop cyber attacks, it just provides something to put graffiti on.

Sadly it seems those in power promote wealth over values. Send our young men and women overseas to protect our wealth while throwing values out the window.
Americans equate a healthy economy with their own personal wealth. So its one in the same. Of course Americans care about national security and what Russia might have done. But the far left has tried to make the Russia thing more important than it really is for partisan reasons. N. Korea, ISIS and the southern border as well as cyber attacks to our financial systems are much more important than Russia doing facebook posts.

Seriously

Old 11-30-2017, 06:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Until KO recently came back into the news, I thought he was selling used cars somewhere. You know, Whatever happened to Keith Olbermann?

Old 11-30-2017, 07:15 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Until KO recently came back into the news, I thought he was selling used cars somewhere. You know, Whatever happened to Keith Olbermann?
The last I saw him was quite a long time ago. He was on MSNBC I think, screaming about Bush. I was sure if he kept on that path he was going to have a heart attack on the air. He face was beet red and veins were popping out of his neck. Talk about going off the deep end.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:49 AM

957 posts, read 758,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Americans equate a healthy economy with their own personal wealth. So its one in the same. Of course Americans care about national security and what Russia might have done. But the far left has tried to make the Russia thing more important than it really is for partisan reasons. N. Korea, ISIS and the southern border as well as cyber attacks to our financial systems are much more important than Russia doing facebook posts.

Seriously
Third world countries place wealth above values. America was founded on equality and giving a helping hand to those in need.
It's not what "Russia might have done" it's what Russia did. That's why we have an intelligence agency and I'll take their word over some blowhard like hannity or breitbart news, so Russia's interference is a big thing and any American who values Patriotism should take it serious. You really think Russia's our friend? Remember, Vladimir Putin grew up hiding under his desk during air raid alerts just like we did. He hates America. You think they're just going to place false ads on FB? Russia will attack our financial system and it just might be YOU who finds his 401k wiped out and no way to recover. Anyone who wants to enter the country will do so wall or not. You know, they do have airplanes.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:47 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
The last I saw him was quite a long time ago. He was on MSNBC I think, screaming about Bush. I was sure if he kept on that path he was going to have a heart attack on the air. He face was beet red and veins were popping out of his neck. Talk about going off the deep end.
I remember some of those "special comments" well. When he was talking about the monumental blunder that was Bush's Iraq war, Olbermann was spot on. And those rants were among his best work.

Olbermann was not always wrong. True conservatives (like me) were every bit as opposed to that catastrophic mistake as Olbermann, but he framed it better than anyone else at the time did or could.

Yes, on most other issues his act is from the same asylum in the same alternate universe with the looniest of the left. But, despite much of it squandered on poppycock, the man has truckloads of talent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies