Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 04:40 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump will do anything to be the center of attention. No bride in her right mind would want Trump at her wedding.
I couldn't agree more. Trump is good at one thing. Making at least one cringe-worthy gaffe per day. He's pretty consistent on that.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:49 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,187 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No way. He'd definitely be in an embarrassment if he attended. Crossing fingers he doesn't get invited.
I suspect it's going to be a bit if a dilemma, as some politicians will possibly want Trump there as he represents one of our a major allies and trade is a big issue following Brexit. It's also an American who is being married in to the Royal Family so there will need to be American Representation and the US Ambassador and numerous US Representatives will be there including Ex-Presidents.

However on the other side of the coin, Trump is unpopular and may sour the day causing protests, and given his previous comments regarding Princess Diana and the Duchess of Cambridge it could be awkward, and then you have the personal views of Harry and Meghan whose wedding it actually is.

So it's a tough call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Ms. Markle has been critical of Trump in the past. There is reason to believe that Harry is not a fan either.

They will probably cite "security concerns" as the reason for no invite.

Besides, by next spring I suspect Trump will have plenty to deal with without worrying about a wedding invite.
I suspect you are right, they will come up with some sort of excuse.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:51 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Trump would just say he was probably going to be invited but he turned it down due to other commitments.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Why would Trump care?

Old 11-28-2017, 04:57 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I suspect it's going to be a bit if a dilemma, as some politicians will possibly want Trump there as he represents one of our a major allies and trade is a big issue following Brexit.

However on the other side of the coin, Trump is unpopular and may sour the day causing protests, and given his previous comments regarding Princess Diana and the Duchess of Cambridge it could be awkward, and then you have the personal views of Harry and Meghan whose wedding it actually is.

So it's a tough call.

I suspect you are right, they will come up with some sort of excuse.
Hard to imagine how Trump attending their wedding will impact trade after Brexit.

In any case, it's their day to celebrate. Why would they want Trump there?

Aside from his crude remarks about the groom's mother, Trump makes openly racist and dog whistle racist statements on a constant basis. Difficult to imagine a biracial bride appreciating that BS.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 11-28-2017 at 05:14 AM..

Old 11-28-2017, 05:00 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Trump would just say he was probably going to be invited but he turned it down due to other commitments.
Perhaps he'll schedule another ceremony with Native Americans in front of Andrew "Trail of Tears" Jackson.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:03 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Security nightmare on top of a security nightmare if they invite Trump. Im betting he sends Pence.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I dont. What makes this wedding so special than any other marriage around the world? All this fairly-tale prince and princesses stuff is ridiculous, IMO. But whatever.
The idea that this wedding is "special" is made up horsepucky. Weddings are special to the couple and I never understood turning them into spectacles.

Maybe I was too busy being a grown-up and having a life, but I don't remember hearing tons about the actual heir-apparent's wedding to wasserface.

That being said, I wouldn't want someone like Trump at my wedding.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The idea that this wedding is "special" is made up horsepucky. Weddings are special to the couple and I never understood turning them into spectacles.

Maybe I was too busy being a grown-up and having a life, but I don't remember hearing tons about the actual heir-apparent's wedding to wasserface.

That being said, I wouldn't want someone like Trump at my wedding.
We all, well most of us, have our silly past times. No harm.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:46 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Even more so, why invite Obama? He is the last person they should want at their wedding.
12 Reasons Why Obama is No 'Friend' of Britain
As he is a personal friend of Prince Harry, Obama will most likely be invited to the wedding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies