Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 12:13 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
His statement to the police that he was firing at a seal is evidence.
For all you open borders people, just what we need. An illegal alien with a 2nd grade education trying to shoot a seal (Why????) , but ended up killing an American citizen. I don't care if it was accidental or on purpose. This is not the "best and brightest" and we have enough low-life citizens in our country that are supposed to be here. We don't need to import any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 12:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
"Remember Kate Steinle" is going to sell a lot of tee shirts.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:17 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
If his superiors knew about that he would have been shown the door or re-assigned to a job where he didn't carry a firearm. But he should be fired anyway for leaving a loaded gun under the front seat of his car in downtown San Francisco. Why didn't he just keep the gun on his person while he went into a restaurant for dinner?

Yea, I don't get the rationale of leaving his service firearm laying in plain view on the seat either. He's a fed, so he could carry anywhere even in CA. So, being as his brain function is in question maybe he DID testify that he kept his gun cocked and unlocked.

But I still find it unlikely. Sounds more like the quoted source was reaching for a way to pass the buck on the firearm back on the BLM agent. I just can't imagine a federal agent being that simple with his weapon. Condition of carry for a SIG P series would be in DA mode using the decocker to drop the hammer before holstering. Same as an M9 Berretta.

Could a federal agent actually be so feeble minded as to carry his weapon cocked and unlocked? mmm Maybe, but I'm having a hard time swallowing it. No,I figure Mr. illegal alien was playing with the gun, thinking he was all cool and smooth, and popped off a round just for giggles and killed a woman.

He knew what he was doing. Found it under a park bench wrapped in a shirt, gun was in hot mode, and just went off when he was just trying to do his civic duty and pick it up so no one would get hurt with it huh? What a guy! Not even a citizen but still that conscientious. I am impressed. He's a shining example of a responsible guy.

Mein Gott en Himmel!!! Seriously?! How could any jury actually swallow a defense like that? I thought people in Frisco were supposed to be ...higher educated...types. Higher educated in what is the question.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:19 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
I’ve been reading more of the posts in here and I see some of them suggesting that our “gun culture “ got this poor lady killed. No this has nothing to do with criminal aliens being harbored by an American city, nor does it have anything to do with a left wing activist jury, no some are more concerned with our gun laws again. Liberals are the stupidest people on earth and California is really really full of them.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:38 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,486,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Or Muslim.
There would be riots.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I’ve been reading more of the posts in here and I see some of them suggesting that our “gun culture “ got this poor lady killed. No this has nothing to do with criminal aliens being harbored by an American city, nor does it have anything to do with a left wing activist jury, no some are more concerned with our gun laws again. Liberals are the stupidest people on earth and California is really really full of them.

Lol, yea. "Gun culture" killed Kate Steinle. Since the creep got the gun by stealing it from a federal agent I suppose we need to disarm said agents? This jury has to be made up of the poster children for the Darwin award. It certainly makes a case for requiring testing and permitting for parenthood.

Doesn't go a long way toward making their claim of higher intellect and so we poor knuckle draggers without college degrees just need to shut up and do what they say. Meh, they wave those degrees around like they're a license for a pompous and superior attitude but they need their professor to tell them which direction s*** flows. And if he tells them uphill that should be taken as gospel.

I knew things were bad in San Fran but things are worse than I thought. I gotta wonder if this kind of nonsense is why Stalin rounded up and executed all the "intellectuals." For such highly educated folks they surely seem to have a lack of properly firing synapsis in the brain.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Very true.

We crossed the Rocky Mountains a long time ago.

It interesting how they want to scrub history and deny it, but then turn around and try to use it to justify some nonsense.

There is a glaring lack of any postings by the lunatic left that can make this verdict defensible. No matter how hard they scrub this turd just won't take a shine. But hey, it will be the best polished turd imaginable. The ability to do that is what you get for the money for a college degree in "liberal arts", "humanities" or some such underwater basket weaving.

It's really hard to believe that this is what our institutions of higher learning are turning out.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Nah. That is too strong. She was collateral damage of being a well armed society. It is the common use of guns by both police and civilians that led to her death. Simply one of the side effects of lots of guns is they get stolen and loose on the streets. That leads to crime or in this case a tragic accident.

The argument should be that guns do enough good that we accept an occasional tragedy. And Ms Steinle pales in comparison to the Strip shootings. Would have been an unremarkable and not noteworthy were it not for the presence of a criminal illegal alien.

What the jury said is that it was mostly an accident in their well considered judgement.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
There is a glaring lack of any postings by the lunatic left that can make this verdict defensible. No matter how hard they scrub this turd just won't take a shine. But hey, it will be the best polished turd imaginable. The ability to do that is what you get for the money for a college degree in "liberal arts", "humanities" or some such underwater basket weaving.

It's really hard to believe that this is what our institutions of higher learning are turning out.
I noted that I believe some sort of manslaughter was proven.......that said I also pointed out that he never should have been in S.F. that day. He should have been in federal prison and I asked how was that S.F. fault?

How long are the states expected to do the same thing over and over that continued to fail? How many times does a state have to catch someone for the Fed's only to see them return?

Old 12-02-2017, 01:09 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,486,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
For all you open borders people, just what we need. An illegal alien with a 2nd grade education trying to shoot a seal (Why????) , but ended up killing an American citizen. I don't care if it was accidental or on purpose. This is not the "best and brightest" and we have enough low-life citizens in our country that are supposed to be here. We don't need to import any more.
Exactly this. I do not understand the mentality that we must open our country to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies