Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 02:00 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,899,100 times

Advertisements

If a business, school, or organization KNOWS a report of a sexual assault and does NOT report it immediately to the municipal law enforcement for investigation, should that be a crime? I notice a lot of sexual assault happening at schools and companies and these schools/companies hush it up with bribes and firing of employees but at the same time, these organizations are NOT punished when the sexual assault continues... Shouldn't they have SOME liability?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 02:04 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,693,226 times
I think, yes, at some point. If they are hushing things up and covering up, yes, especially when it comes to children.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:20 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,899,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I think, yes, at some point. If they are hushing things up and covering up, yes, especially when it comes to children.
Why is there no movement to make it a crime?

Old 12-04-2017, 02:27 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,920,148 times
Of course it should be. I also think that in the current situation, any co-workers at NBC who knew about Matt Lauer's activities and did not go to HR or Management, should be fired. That includes co-hosts, producers, etc. Fear of firing by co-workers will put an end to workplace sexual harassment.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:38 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,633,400 times
Maybe one of the lawyers on here can tell us. I have always heard that if a school knows of child abuse that have to report it. Is this a law?

Old 12-04-2017, 03:11 PM

47,022 posts, read 26,109,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Maybe one of the lawyers on here can tell us. I have always heard that if a school knows of child abuse that have to report it. Is this a law?
It's known as "mandated reporters" - certain professions are under legal obligation to report suspicions of child abuse. Varies from state to state exactly who is one, but generally, as a minimum, anyone employed by a school district as a teacher or coach or the like must report any suspected child abuse.

Oh, and I'm not a lawyer. But I volunteer for a program that works with LAUSD kids and their rules (somewhat) apply to me and other crew members.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:31 PM

144 posts, read 95,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If a business, school, or organization KNOWS a report of a sexual assault and does NOT report it immediately to the municipal law enforcement for investigation, should that be a crime? I notice a lot of sexual assault happening at schools and companies and these schools/companies hush it up with bribes and firing of employees but at the same time, these organizations are NOT punished when the sexual assault continues... Shouldn't they have SOME liability?
I'd guess the best person for you to ask is the donald. He had that infamous Trump University, and seems to get joy from sexual harassment.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:13 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,607,801 times
Absolutely, especially if there is a child involved.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,902,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-fan View Post
I'd guess the best person for you to ask is the donald. He had that infamous Trump University, and seems to get joy from sexual harassment.
Or
Ask Hillary. She enabled her husband's behavior. Tortured a child on the stand who was brutally raped, and had some no infamous donors that supported her with large donations..
Seems to me that Hillary must be an expert on the subject.

Yes it should be a crime for any institution to know about a sexual assault and not report it.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:34 PM

144 posts, read 95,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Or
Ask Hillary. She enabled her husband's behavior. Tortured a child on the stand who was brutally raped, and had some no infamous donors that supported her with large donations..
Seems to me that Hillary must be an expert on the subject.

Yes it should be a crime for any institution to know about a sexual assault and not report it.
"Nice deflection" trumpling. HRC has nothing to do with business schools, and has nothing to do with sexual harassment.

Yes, she's a lawyer and did her part in the legal process. And yes, her husband was a hound.

When our "poo-thrower-in-chief" was healthy enough to get an erection, he had a reputation for sexual assault, and was the namesake for a fraudulent business school. The donald seems more experienced to answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies