Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 11:26 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Israel recognizes Jerusalem as their capital. To heck with everyone else.

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Sounds exactly not like Chamberlain - the ultimate appeaser. Trump is a contrary loose cannon, reckless and mercurial. Not akin to Chamberlain at all.
I see what you're saying and you're right but I also see him appeasing his base, the evangelicals and the right wing Israelis by giving Poland........I mean Jerusalem, to one side in a complex conflict. no other nation has done this.

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Indeed! I'm actually surprised at how great a president Trump has and is turning out to be, despite the attempt of rabid leftists and spineless Repubs to fight him at every angle, including those within our intelligence agencies who love to leak classified information if it means embarrassing the White House. As he hadn't been in office previously, there was some doubt that he would deliver and govern as promised. But I'm more than thrilled that he has!
As he is no doubt thrilled his base sets the bar so low.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:27 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Doesn't matter, dead is dead unless you're of the opinion that your religious affiliation has a lock on who should live and who should die.
You're right. It does matter. Dead is dead. But the United States, in a non-violent act of recognizing what is already reality within Israel, is NOT to blame for the savage reactions from Islamists that are likely to come. Much like the black Freedom Riders from the Civil Rights Movement in this country were NOT to blame for the racist, Democrat-led violence against (including deadly violence) them that they knew was likely to come when they "dared" to march. What a disgraceful point of opposition that you're putting up. Truly shameful.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:28 AM

923 posts, read 495,136 times
Even Chuck Schumer supports this move! Schumer says he advised Trump to declare Jerusalem Israel's 'undivided' capital | TheHill

Old 12-06-2017, 11:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Yeah, that beautiful wall funded by Mexico and the healthcare program YUGELY better than the ACA are the living proof, eh?
Only children used to think they could have everything instantly. Stamp their feet and bawl when unhappy.

if the liberal didnt make it they swore duty to fight him on every issue, every word.

we would have them things by now. the problem not Trump. yes he a little wacko, the problem is the hillary group that just want to fight

What a lame-assed excuse considering the President's own party controls both houses of Congress and nobody forced the blowhard to make the promises he made!

Old 12-06-2017, 11:29 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Doesn't matter, dead is dead unless you're of the opinion that your religious affiliation has a lock on who should live and who should die.
Religions are simply ideologies - don't forget that. A religion that states or implies its ok to kill for certain reasons has a different impact on humans than one that states its entirely impermissible ever to kill. Jainism and Islam, for example, have very different impacts. All ideologies (whether you label them religions or not) are not equal in outcome, especially with regard to human rights. And since religions are what is practiced - not some unblemished idea existing in the sky - the current form(s) of said religions are of significance.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:29 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Just like I thought. You don't know anything. For anyone who is interested, the link is to a page that makes the statement "Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel".

So many people have never attempted to study the issues that are really involved in the Middle East Conflict. From what I can tell, we can divide supporters of what Trump did into these categories:

1. "I am for it because Trump is"

2. "I am for it because my interpretation of the Bible say it is".

3. "I am for it because all Muslims are enemies of America."

No cogent arguments based on history. No attempt to review American foreign policy over the last seventy years. Its just like Donald Trump. All bombast and no substance.

And you probably wonder why he has only a 39% approval rating.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:30 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And only con-men promise you will have something immediately and quickly forget when they've gotten what they wanted from you. Your defense of a pathological liar is sad.
Whatever .....

Having been through 8 years of lies by the last administration, that lied on nearly everything, Trump is refreshing. Trump has fulfilled more of his promises in less than one year than bend over boy did in 8.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:31 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
The PLO is a terrorist group . God gave the land to the Jewish people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies